The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I think getting on a plane to travel anywhere is risky at the minute, you could end up quarantined in some shithole hospital for a fortnight, things are going to get worse before they improve that's for certain.

50 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

I think getting on a plane to travel anywhere is risky at the minute, you could end up quarantined in some shithole hospital for a fortnight, things are going to get worse before they improve that's for certain.

At least one place they won't force you to stay is in Pripyat.

Just been reading some more details on the death of PC Harper on the BBC.

The poor man was minced almost to death over a mile by thieving travellers dragging him behind the car because they wanted to escape justice at any cost.

Going to stay off the internet for a while lest I type something that upsets this very special group.

18 hours ago, twosmoke300 said:

Much like food if we don’t keep farmers employed ?

Funnily enough there's quite a few just realising that farm labourers will be in short supply before long

Similar conditions will apply to their EU subsidy payments,which was "guaranteed " but now being cut off

Actual flu.  I'm over the worst of it, thankfully, but when you have to stop for a rest twice while washing the pots just so you can catch your breath it gets a bit wearing.  Small victories though, this time last week I could barely even stay awake and every single bone ached.  Fortunately I don't buy into the tabloid bullshit that any sort of cold related thing is coronavirus.

In other news, can anyone explain to me why our local shops have been bought out of crisps?  Is this some daft OMG CORONOCHAOS MUST HAVE PANIC BUY essential?

My compressor is currently on the blink.  Looking at that is about item number 32 on the to do list.  So I need to venture out to check my tyres.  The 12V one is currently out of commission because someone (definitely not me...nope...) shut the power connector in the garage door and smashed it.

IMG_20200310_131042.thumb.jpg.db924d7410021222e3cfb65d13438b00.jpg

A sodding pound for air?!?

Nope... I'll splice a new lead onto my 12V compressor then!  Screw that nonsense...

Yow, that's steep... was about 20p locally until last year, now it's 50p for the privilege of grovelling around the mucky bit of tarmac next to the car wash while getting your fingers coated in brake dust. A pound? Bollocks to that.

It's getting to the point it'd be cheaper to just buy another car...

I find those special digital ones are worse than trying to get the pressure right than looking through the scratched window of an old style inflator-gauge.

Put a pound in, get 7 minutes of the thing fannying about pumping a bit, stopping to read the pressure, beeping, pumping a bit more, letting air out.. spend 7 minutes on one wheel

The American round of MotoGP has been postponed. I'll get my ticket money back, but not what I have already paid out for my flights, car hire and accommodation. 

The small group I am going with, and I, are healthy and so we are still going, otherwise we are throwing away over a grand each. We've looked at the risks, but are happy with the the odds.

Also because Texas are not allowing events with more than 2500 spectators, it means that the baseball and drag racing events we wanted to go to look like they wont go ahead either.

Triple pisser!

No motoring grump, a cat related one. My first for a long time. The tabby has started pissing around the house. Not spraying, full bladders at a time. She has been acting weird the last six months or so. I'm secretly hoping that it's one last trip to the vet because I hate this particular cat (I'm not a cat lover anyway), but that means I'll have to put up with a grumpy wife for ages now.

She's locked outside for now. I can't be dealing with a cat pissing everywhere as I had enough of that with both an ex-girlfriend and an ex-housemate.

Just now, dozeydustman said:

No motoring grump, a cat related one. My first for a long time. The tabby has started pissing around the house. Not spraying, full bladders at a time. She has been acting weird the last six months or so. I'm secretly hoping that it's one last trip to the vet because I hate this particular cat (I'm not a cat lover anyway), but that means I'll have to put up with a grumpy wife for ages now.

She's locked outside for now. I can't be dealing with a cat pissing everywhere as I had enough of that with both an ex-girlfriend and an ex-housemate.

Urinary infection? Trio to the vet for some antibiotics perhaps. 

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I think I would have dumped her and moved out of him/her's place, if they kept pissing everywhere.

I did.

23 minutes ago, Spurious said:

Urinary infection? Trio to the vet for some antibiotics perhaps. 

No idea. They went to the vet last week after 2 previous 'accidents'. Both cats declared in good health.

With your love of the green oval you'll be needing to buy a winch then... How about a nice WARN one, unused, still in the box with accessories kit, look lovely on a Landy. 

I thought you were thinking about the Kangoo182, nice. 

Most miserable place... How long have you been living in Crawley!! 

12 hours ago, Zelandeth said:

My compressor is currently on the blink.  Looking at that is about item number 32 on the to do list.  So I need to venture out to check my tyres.  The 12V one is currently out of commission because someone (definitely not me...nope...) shut the power connector in the garage door and smashed it.

A sodding pound for air?!?

Nope... I'll splice a new lead onto my 12V compressor then!  Screw that nonsense...

You should charge the cashier 20p for every breath you have to take while asking for change.