The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Got a text from my bank on Monday. That alone was a worry as do banks text? Seems my card has/had been used at a site known/suspected to be 'dodgy'.  Because of this they are/were sending me a new card immediately and to use it straight away with the pin.
I was worried....
Seems it's NOT a scam but a very real security thing and I have used a dodgy site or it's been copied in a petrol station or shop. Bastards.
New card arrived today and Ihave been and used it, all seems good to go so... bank said it was legit and there was no link to click on fro the text.

All very normal, as someone who’s had more debit cards than got dinners it’s all very situation normal for banks to text now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Saabnut said:

4 HSE people there, none spoke, none mentioned the elephant in the room, ie why was this method chosen as it is inheritently unsafe.

This has been my experience of HSE too. Get up a pair of steps and they're all over you with fire and brimstone but something actually dangerous, like crane lifting chunks of a timber frame house about, and they can't run away fast enough.

28 minutes ago, Kiltox said:

Nice Fiat 124 parked on the street though.

Also, the fuck is wrong with some people? "Hurr durr I blasted through a give way sign but IT'S THEIR FAULT NOT MINE AAARGH"

6 minutes ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Typical modern self entitled young woman I'm never in the wrong my parent told me so, shell never admit liability even after seeing the footage.

It's an almost identical response as the middle aged red faced man who drove into the back of me had a few years back. Nothing to do with them being 'modern', young or presenting as a woman; some people are just cunts. 

Insurance madness; an acquaintance reversed into an S-Max, smashing the rear windscreen and knackering the tailgate, no other damage to either vehicle. A simple enough repair on the face of it, but no; the repair came in at over £4k and as the wait for a replacement tailgate was 9 weeks(where was it shipped from, the moon?) meant the carhire was over £5k! 

6 hours ago, somewhatfoolish said:

Insurance madness; an acquaintance reversed into an S-Max, smashing the rear windscreen and knackering the tailgate, no other damage to either vehicle. A simple enough repair on the face of it, but no; the repair came in at over £4k and as the wait for a replacement tailgate was 9 weeks(where was it shipped from, the moon?) meant the carhire was over £5k! 

I understand that if it's someone elses fault and you are entitled to a car, you could ask for (a reasonable) payment instead and make your own arrangements.  Would reasonable look like £80 a day? 

That said my mate had a Duster under warranty and the number plate lamp went. It wasntbthe bulb. It was a problem.with the wiring. They let him drive around like that until it's MOT was due and then he refused to drive it. They gave him a suitable hire car for 8 months whilst the part was on back order.  It was a length of cable.at one point. they tried to get him to agree to them getting an auto electrician to make up a new cable, but he reminded them that he suggested that to them and was told that wasn't ever allowed. 

Dacia will have paid more than the cost of a new car for that rental. 

In aerospace, there would be a technical variance raised, because air craft on ground justifies sending a one off repair scheme. 

I used to do a little warranty cost analysis on parts for diggers and that would have been flagged and vigorously returned to the dealer with a note saying WTF no. 

8 hours ago, New POD said:

That said my mate had a Duster under warranty and the number plate lamp went. It wasntbthe bulb. It was a problem.with the wiring. They let him drive around like that until it's MOT was due and then he refused to drive it. They gave him a suitable hire car for 8 months whilst the part was on back order.  It was a length of cable.at one point. they tried to get him to agree to them getting an auto electrician to make up a new cable, but he reminded them that he suggested that to them and was told that wasn't ever allowed. 

Dacia will have paid more than the cost of a new car for that rental. 

Would’ve been easier for them to give him another car and then sell the fucked one at auction once the warranty ended!

More madness, my outlander got a van door whack on the passenger side on a windy day. 

Company admit full liability and arrange repair and a hire car. 

Body shopsay it will take a week. 

Hire company say "Mercedes A class okay for you? 

I say" No, not really.  3 kids and I can barely get all my work stuff in the outlander, I need an estate or an suv or something "

They gave me a 19 plate Discovery HSE 3.0tdi. List price £65k!

I"ve had it 2 weeks now. 

I'm quite bored now of :

A:  Putting diesel in it. 

B: Explaining to customers that it is not my company car, and that they are not paying for me to drive around in it. 

? People assuming I'm in charge of whatever is going on when I appear. 

D:My colleagues calling me a spawny bastard. 

E: Putting diesel in it. 

3 hours ago, New POD said:

Daft thing Is that it went in for a service and MOT and they passed it on the MOT.  He rang up to say, "So you've fixed the number plate light? " cue, panic. "How did it pass the MOT then? You aint fobbing me off again" 

Only one no plate lamp out of two is an mot pass now .