The grumpy thread

outlaw118

21 hours ago, Tamworthbay said:

How did I forget Kettering and Corby? The twin towns of desolation and misery......... (Cov and Leeds are still worse though)

I got a formal complaint on the CCC website for complaining that Kettering as a location for the National rally left a lot to be desired ( no harsher Words than these) I don’t visit the site any more, people there tend not to have a sense of humour.

as for awful places, has anyone been to Aldershot recently?

Even Bracknell isn’t bad at the moment, and I always thought Guildford ok. Coventry wasn’t all bad - and to be fair it isn’t all the town council’s fault- the Luftwaffe had a hand in it.

round these parts seem to do a thing for grim, horrid places.

Stockton, its one claim to fame is its not Hartlepool,

Middlesbrough, not quite as shit as Stockton,

Hartlepool, home of the monkey hangers, and even grimmer than Sheffield.......

other total shit holes include Rochdale, Manchester, Leicester, Leeds and of course Bradford.

these places all could SHOULD be used for the testing of weapons of mass destruction.

Imagine how many millions of pounds worth of improvements even a small atomic bomb could do to Sheffield....

interestingly at one point there was talk of building a Disneyland type spot on the north east coast south from Scarborough, Scarborough council though wouldn't hear of it, as it would "take trade away from the town" - so with arseholes like that incharge, no wonder the place is on its knees!!

Stockton isn't so bad either, few good micropubs, decent record shop,cheap parking, etc.  

Boro had one of the best Italian restaurants in the region.

Hartlepool has two outstanding schools and some beautiful beaches, plus Seaton Carew if you like posh places or vanishing in a canoe

If you want grim, think Peterlee or Doggy (West Cornforth), or Chilton (the town with the highest proportional of BNP membership and one of the lowest percentage of immigrants in the country) 

I was stuck behind a modified Civic today on the way to work, V177 something or other with all the usual bolt on bits, bucket seats, fart cannon for an exhaust and metallic pink rear suspension that seem to jiggle over bumps even when it wasn't moving.

The part that made me grumpy was it fucking STANK of unburnt fuel and oil, I had to drop way back.

When we got to some open road it made reasonable progress for its 1.4 boot badge but was heavily blowing blue smoke on each upshift.

This made me grumpy because I realised I am an old giffer that doesnt like modified heaps, how did that happen ?

I want another car. Not to replace the current, just in addition to... This is making me very grumpy as: I have nowhere to keep another car, have suddenly become averse to spending cash (suddenly?) and don't use the one I currently have. Not used it since Friday at all.

I am reading the eBay Tat thread and all I see is stuff I want.

Oh and yeah, while I'm grumping...  Bought a Breitling SOH recently, got it cheap(ish) 'cos it hasn't got the correct bracelet. He he, nay worries bro 'cos I have got the exact bracelet sat here on a broken watch.  Just got my mojo into gear to actually do something about it and the bracelet is spot on, but the fekkin end links aren't so it won't bloody fit after all.

However, I do have a brown leather Breitling strap on a deployant (genuine and all 'Breitling'd up) so it's now sat on that. Looks better than yet another chain mesh bracelet - I've got about 6 of the bastards and I hate them all!

This morning my dozy dad reverses his car into a car parked across the road from his driveway, which had been there all morning in plain sight and I'd even told him it was there before he got in the car.

Go to a meeting to try and protest against the closure of Birmingham Wheels stock car stadium (where I began my commentary career) and despite loads of likes and checkins on social media only about 25 people turn up.

It pisses down all day.

Go to my regular pub quiz to find it's being changed from weekly to monthly.

Quiz bloke doesn't turn up so tonight's is cancelled.

Return home to the news that the appeals have lost and Wheels is closing down at the end of this month.

Fucking shit day.

2 hours ago, Crackers said:

Aldershit you mean? 

Yep... That's pretty bad.  

In 1984, after hitting an oak tree not much rounder than a telegraph pole, doing 60mph  in a Marina 7cwt van, with the headlights nearly touching and the engine and box up through the floor, after being extracted by the fire bridge, I had the pleasure of 13 weeks on traction in the beautiful Victorian military hospital, lovely architecture. 

I was passing through there a while back and went to show the Mrs the hospital, only to find it all closed and fenced off being converted into posh bastards houses. 

After a quick trip round Aldershot it should definitely be renamed Aldershit, turns out the best bit was the hospital. 

P. S I don't recommend crashing in a Morris Marina or into a small Oak tree. 

It hurts! 

4 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

...converted into posh bastards houses.

FTFY

4 minutes ago, mitsisigma01 said:

...converted into rich chavs' houses.

The Hospital building is an impressive structure, I agree. However, in order to get to it, you have to go to Aldershot, and therein lies the problem.

One of the worst things about Aldershot is the wide, arrow-straight road running down the middle of the town for what feels like about 47 miles. The road itself is fine, the 30mph speed limit... that's not fine. Takes about half an hour to get from the top end to the bottom, yet you can see one end from the other!

If you venture out of Aldershit to the A325 just north of Bordon on the straight bit my tree is still there bearing the scar of the Marina, well the impact took the bark off! 

Some good news about the Marina, it was scrapped and the back lights were about the only salvageable bits ?

Woke up this morning at 4.45 from a dream where I had just murdered one of Wuvvum's neighbours with a jack handle when there were moaning about a car swap (think I've been on here too much) before I could cover it up.

I couldn't stop my phone's alarm ringing which obviously annoyed Mrs the Princess.

Then found there was no power so got ready in the dark. Had a wee, washed my hands and the tap fell apart, water gushing up out of the remains so had to turn that off at the outside stop cock in the rain.

Left home and saw other houses had power so went back and saw an rcb had tripped, so need to see to that too.

That made me miss the train so had to drive twice as far to get in.

So today can bugger right off.

Traffic Wardens. More specifically the ones in St Annes. Others are doubtless available. 

I am a Private Hire (taxi) driver in St Annes, as some of you may know this seaside area has a huge population of elderly and disabled folk. Last Saturday I had a job picking up a customer in a wheelchair from outside a shop in the centre of town.  Long story short, between  helping the customer into the car and loading the wheelchair into the boot I got a parking ticket for being in a no stopping/loading area slapped on the windscreen. I was stopped there for less than two minutes and never left the car apart from helping the customer. The Warden was properly nasty. I explained the situation but his response was " don't care mate, not my problem"  Surely this is discrimination against the disabled or something. Other drivers have fallen foul of this and received tickets for doing the same. All their appeals have failed so mine will too. A quiet time for the taxi business so the £35 fine represents a great proportion of my profit for the day.  Grump. 

Last night, I decided to open a bottle of Baileys that someone gave me at Christmas. Took the top off, went to pour some into a glass but nothing came out. So I gave the bottle a shake and tried again. This time some came out, but it was thick and lumpy! So I checked the label on the bottle.........it said use by 2011! Can't remember who gave me it either!

48 minutes ago, Bobthebeard said:

Traffic Wardens. More specifically the ones in St Annes. Others are doubtless available. 

I am a Private Hire (taxi) driver in St Annes, as some of you may know this seaside area has a huge population of elderly and disabled folk. Last Saturday I had a job picking up a customer in a wheelchair from outside a shop in the centre of town.  Long story short, between  helping the customer into the car and loading the wheelchair into the boot I got a parking ticket for being in a no stopping/loading area slapped on the windscreen. I was stopped there for less than two minutes and never left the car apart from helping the customer. The Warden was properly nasty. I explained the situation but his response was " don't care mate, not my problem"  Surely this is discrimination against the disabled or something. Other drivers have fallen foul of this and received tickets for doing the same. All their appeals have failed so mine will too. A quiet time for the taxi business so the £35 fine represents a great proportion of my profit for the day.  Grump. 

You have to be a special type of cunt to be a traffic warden IMO. I'd rather sit on the dole if it was my only option ?

55 minutes ago, SRi05 said:

You have to be a special type of cunt to block a dropped curb on a single yellow line IMHO just to save 2 minutes. I'd rather starve if it was my only option ?

Yet all day there are 2-7 cars on the single yellows outside our local co-op.

Wish there were more traffic wardens round here

1 hour ago, stonedagain said:

Last night, I decided to open a bottle of Baileys that someone gave me at Christmas. Took the top off, went to pour some into a glass but nothing came out. So I gave the bottle a shake and tried again. This time some came out, but it was thick and lumpy! So I checked the label on the bottle.........it said use by 2011! Can't remember who gave me it either!

Fred gave it you. He's the 92 year old fella across the road, who has borderline dimensia.  He's a proper twat.  Thinks he's really generous, and gives you pies he baked a week last Thurday that have been sitting in the sun for 5 days. Yum.

I try not to accept any presents. And if forced they usually go straight in the bin.

On 1/13/2020 at 10:35 PM, New POD said:

Having being to Polytechnic there, I have to say that I loved the post modern concrete.

Someone told me they knocked down the 19 storey hall of residence that was Stalag Luft XIV. Shame.

edited for accuracy.

same can be said for Dudley which i had the miss fortune to visit recently.

it is a proper shit hole.

it was a relief to see the place disappear in the cars rear view mirror on the way back home.

i think my Grandfather was there during the war, not that he saw much of the town.

He was in the nose of a german bomber at the time......