The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Went to renew my classic policy with Peter James. 

“Sorry sir your policy expired yesterday”

”The renewal date says today?”

”Sorry sir, you can only renew up until 6PM last night”

”OK now what?”

”Everything stays the same as per your renewal letter but we have to make a £10 charge?”

“Why’s that then?”

”It’s an administration charge”

”But the same amount of work is required as with a renewal - I phone up, you check everything’s the same and take my card details. As a gesture of goodwill, can you waive the £10?”

”No”

”Goodbye”

Up to them I guess. Their service fee seems to be £25 a policy so rather than earn £50 they’ve lost it. Back with Peter Best who were immaculate, £8 cheaper and a far smaller excess with their insurer.

All over £10. ?‍♂️ 

19 minutes ago, New POD said:

That's not just the roads. It's the town. 

I was talking about the town. 

Actually, that's a grump on it's own. The place is so run down now that the council are having to do emergency demolitions on rows of shops to prevent them from collapsing and killing people. I love the people here but FFS, I think parts just need taking down and grassing over. 

1 hour ago, Lankytim said:

You should see Stoke, It needs millions spending to get it back to shithole level. 

You've clearly been to Mow Cop. The streets there make Turd World roads look brilliant.

12 minutes ago, The Mighty Quinn said:

I've only driven through it on the A50. I can't imagine the inhabitants are any more frightening than those of Gainsborough.

8 minutes ago, New POD said:

That's not just the roads. It's the town. 

I ended up in Stoke twice. Once to buy the Ro80; and again to buy the CX. The place may be shite, but it also seems to be a rich seam of shite.

Well I told the boss I was still prepared to work Thursday mornings and I am ‘fully behind the establishment’ and was more than happy to continue on full pay and have them renovate my house for free. But apparently as my Nan isn’t the Fucking Queen they can’t accommodate my request. Bastards.

4 minutes ago, The Mighty Quinn said:

I've only driven through it on the A50. I can't imagine the inhabitants are any more frightening than those of Gainsborough.

If you stay on the A50 you don't get to see the real Stoke. I suggest coming off just after the Tunnel (if heading west) and taking random turns until you are lost.

You'll probably die. 

I had an eye doctor shoot my left eye 87 times today with a freakishly bright green laser.

Apparently my retina was beginning to tear and was at risk of detaching. 

So, it has now had the equivalent of being spot-welded back on and I do have to say it is not exactly comfortable.

Phil

9 hours ago, richardthestag said:

just chillin before bed, oh drew pritchard on the telly.... 

he is a self proclaimed number plate aficionado and chooses black and silver pressed ally plate for a 76 NSU RO80

CUNT

telly off

That pillock did the same to an M reg Merc SL that had a pair of lovely old round font perspex plates. He claimed that it really finished the car off, in the same way a bullet finishes off an injured animal I presume.

What a hemet.

Never watched the show again.

13 hours ago, New POD said:

If you stay on the A50 you don't get to see the real Stoke. I suggest coming off just after the Tunnel (if heading west) and taking random turns until you are lost.

You'll probably die. 

I dropped the pin on google maps to see Stoke, and all I've got it this. Looks nice, but deserted.

10 hours ago, richardthestag said:

just chillin before bed, oh drew pritchard on the telly.... 

he is a self proclaimed number plate aficionado and chooses black and silver pressed ally plate for a 76 NSU RO80

CUNT

telly off

Watched that last night as well, lovely advanced design from the mid seventies and that fool puts a black and silver 60s plate on it.  I treated the wife to a small rant that may have inclluded looking up the tippers site to show her the right plate.  Shes a lucky woman...

1 hour ago, cort1977 said:

Watched that last night as well, lovely advanced design from the mid seventies and that fool puts a black and silver 60s plate on it.......

Actually launched 1967, but that particular example was built/sold after the introduction of white / yellow plates.

Even more inappropriate are the eejits putting black and silver plates on their modern SUVs because they think it looks cool*

Great timing complaining about the state of the roads - we mush have a synchronized time of the month / year. Super POed with the roads on the little island I live on. 

The city decided to have all the roads resurfaced and seriously updated from the base up where needed. Sounds okay but in our town, the house owners have to cough up the money for the stretch of road outside your house. 

You can either cough up for the full amount all at once (shade under $5k for the stretch we are responsible for - one car wide and they didn’t even put in kerbs on the far side; am I ever glad we don’t live in a corner house) or have it added to our housing tax over the next million years. 

They finished it one summer ago. Yesterday the gas and electric came to a new house being built on a plot subdivision to connect up new utilities. Dug two wide bloody trenches across the road and when I drove to work this morning noted that they just filled them with loose rocks and shite. 

Those bastards better come back and fix those buggers properly or I’ll have some real ranting to do at the local council!

It’s like having a toy you haven’t finished paying for when some other bugger comes up and breaks it for you and you can do nothing to stop them. 

10 hours ago, wuvvum said:

Not that I can talk, as both of my 1972 cars have black / silver plates.

Got a black/silver plate on the Lambretta, but it's a horrible sort of 'modern' look one.