The grumpy thread

outlaw118

20 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

I've never understood the term " god fearing" if he's your mate, forgives your wrongs etc why do you have too be god fearing?

Because if you don't tell him every day how much you love him then he will send you to eternal torment and damnation.

..but he loves you...

Sounds like a proper abusive relationship to me...

36 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Went out in the Rover earlier, tuned the wireless to Classic FM as is my habit, and I was getting loads of crackling and interference.  Tried adjusting the frequency up and down and started picking up a load of Dutch radio stations - some crackly but others as clear as a bell.  Have the Dutch suddenly turned their FM transmitters up to 11 or something?  I've never been able to pick up Dutch FM radio before.  It's really quite irritating.

There's loads of electrical weirdness happening around Norfuck tonight mate and a friend just posted this pic taken from his garden, not far from you a little while back.

Image may contain: night

Rumour has it they are spacex satellites in close orbit.

Maybe Elon has finally flipped, done a Blofeld and this is just the beginning of his grand plan.

1 hour ago, Wack said:

How do I obliterate Greta Thunberg from my life , I'll be glad when her 5 minutes of fame is over , it seems every time I open facebook or a news page  her smug face or sometimes her angry face is looking back at me .

She's meeting david attenborough now, I dont think either of then have a plan , I've never seen David's angry face though 

Strap her to a sidecar outfit, hand the keys to Guy Martin and blast her round the TT course.  That'll shut her up.

2 minutes ago, barmatt said:

There's loads of electrical weirdness happening around Norfuck tonight mate and a friend just posted this pic taken from his garden, not far from you a little while back.

Maybe Elon has finally flipped, done a Blofeld and this is just the beginning of his grand plan.

Someone I know in Sheffield has reported that a couple of hours too, including a short video clip.  Very weird.

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

Northern Rail did their usual trick of cancelling my train 'cos no train / no driver / alien invasion / big mac shortage. So an hour's wait which makes it dark when I get back to sunny Barnsley. I'm walking home as usual, and  go along scum street which has really bad lighting. I've got my headphones on, and realise about half way along I've got a crazy fucker following me shouting random gibberish for reasons unknown.  Going to fuck me up / don't walk so fast I can't catch you / This is my street / I like your hat. Just great. Thanks Northern! 

Out of interest, are you allowed to carry a can of lynx Africa that some idiot sister insists on buying you? Yes cop, I can identify my attacker, he's the one over there stinking like a teenage boy. I'd imagine lynx to the eyes is quite effective in dissuading crazies. 

Fingers crossed that particular shower of bastards' days are numbered. Form an orderly queue to dance on their grave.

13 minutes ago, strangeangel said:

Fingers crossed that particular shower of bastards' days are numbered. Form an orderly queue to dance on their grave.

I dont use public transport much but northern seem particularly shit , ancient trains , cancellations 

I've used them twice this year , I had a flight to catch from Manchester, left plenty of time , 9:30am train stops at warrington and it's jammed with 50 people on the platform , I'm not proud of it but I made sure I got on , some didn't, driver apologised, lack of rolling stock , by the time it got to the airport I was the only one on it

train cancelled on a Manchester night out so instead of a direct train home we had to change and wait an hour.

I wont be sorry to see them go 

29 minutes ago, barmatt said:

He did look a bit bond villain when he was going into that trial, like he'd sent somebody in a mission impossible mask but it was their first go at it 

Screenshot_20191229-205119_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Wack said:

How do I obliterate Greta Thunberg from my life , I'll be glad when her 5 minutes of fame is over , it seems every time I open facebook or a news page  her smug face or sometimes her angry face is looking back at me .

She's meeting david attenborough now, I dont think either of then have a plan , I've never seen David's angry face though 

She’s a media puppet mate.  When I see her out planting trees and not taking a 747 direct from NY back home to Sweden I might, just might have an ounce of respect for the girl. 

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Went out in the Rover earlier, tuned the wireless to Classic FM as is my habit, and I was getting loads of crackling and interference.  Tried adjusting the frequency up and down and started picking up a load of Dutch radio stations - some crackly but others as clear as a bell.  Have the Dutch suddenly turned their FM transmitters up to 11 or something?  I've never been able to pick up Dutch FM radio before.  It's really quite irritating.

Ah weird you say that as this afternoon I was out in the Rover and picked up a French radio station, clear as day! 

29 minutes ago, Wack said:

I dont use public transport much but northern seem particularly shit , ancient trains , cancellations 

I've used them twice this year , I had a flight to catch from Manchester, left plenty of time , 9:30am train stops at warrington and it's jammed with 50 people on the platform , I'm not proud of it but I made sure I got on , some didn't, driver apologised, lack of rolling stock , by the time it got to the airport I was the only one on it

train cancelled on a Manchester night out so instead of a direct train home we had to change and wait an hour.

I wont be sorry to see them go 

Since I got my recent promotion I now use them three times a week (every silver lining has a cloud, right?). It's a point of conversation when even one of the six trains a week I catch is on time. And in just less than a week they'll be sticking the fares up, ostensibly to pay for improvements*, such as nicely painted stations and new trains that the particular backwater line I frequent will likely never see.

Roll on the better weather when I can start using my bike again, and maybe even the Aixam when I've figured out how to make it go again. In the meantime - Fuck You, Northern.

Don't forget a lot of Greta you're seeing is from hysterical* memes and outright hatred of someone speaking her mind from the Cl*rkson wannabes. 

Just been to see the new Star Wars film. Why a grump?

Between people eating the equivalent of a three course meal, checking their phones (yes, you might not have been talking, but even texting lights up half the room) and people aimlessly wandering in and out and ‘wispering’ to their friends if ‘they want another from the bar’ it put a dint in the experience. 

Another half grump, how can any Star Wars fan, say that it was anything other than an amazing film? Yes, it was a bit ‘get this and get that’ but to me, it was a cracking end to the Skywalker saga. Especially the return to the special place at the very end. Nice touch!

1 hour ago, Roobarb said:

Just been to see the new Star Wars film. Why a grump?

Between people eating the equivalent of a three course meal, checking their phones (yes, you might not have been talking, but even texting lights up half the room) and people aimlessly wandering in and out and ‘wispering’ to their friends if ‘they want another from the bar’ it put a dint in the experience. 

Another half grump, how can any Star Wars fan, say that it was anything other than an amazing film? Yes, it was a bit ‘get this and get that’ but to me, it was a cracking end to the Skywalker saga. Especially the return to the special place at the very end. Nice touch!

Went to see it on Friday. Really enjoyed it despite some dodgy reviews. A lot of it just seemed like bits of the old films done in a more modern way! My grump £46 for 3 people. Our local Odeon has been done up and all Luxe with electric recliners also to be fair I paid an extra £2 per head for the Isense screen. So super dooper 4k screen (couldnae say I noticed) but the Dolby Atmos sound was great! Seemed like all the speakers drowned out all the paper rustling sounds and whispering Twats. Heard a bit of coughing but nowt else with around a 100 people in there, was a first to be actually relaxed watching film.

OH and your right what the FUCK are those big trays of Nachos and dip, hotdogs all about. Looked like bloody 3 course meal some people were carrying in! Fuck knows how much they were spending :shock:

^^^

You are so right about the sound. There were moments in the movie where the sound was part of the experience - the deep booming bangs above the sound stage and to the left and right. Really well done. 

The people complaining about the part near the end that was like the new Marvel movie, well did the see ‘Ready player 1’? Or come to that, any black and white cowboys and Indians movie?

Still, I enjoyed it (I went alone as I live in a house of Star Wars dissenters - which upon reflection saved me money) but just wish other people would be a bit more considerate (and would also do the majority of their eating BEFORE they get to the cinema. 

15 hours ago, wuvvum said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropospheric_propagation

There’s a real “lift” on at the moment. I was listening to a French station on DAB earlier in St Neots. 

Back in the day, us radio geeks used to love it. You could get Hereward FM from Peterborough in Essex and Ocean FM from Southampton etc. Now you just get Heart with different adverts! 

7 hours ago, Roobarb said:

I hate modern Star Wars, and I'm not some huge fanboy who lives on the past or anything. Aside from it being rammed into every facet of our lives, it was never a saga. It was a simple little story with some campy space opera (hero's journey, family, redemption etc). Now it's a $4bn monster with no direction. Like Revenge of the Sith, I think the majority either don't care or are just glad it's over with.

Also, people who say the modem trilogy somehow redeems the 2000s prequel trilogy? No. They were awful then and still are now.

1 minute ago, beko1987 said:

All this talk of radio reception, LBC kept dropping out on DAB this morning. Switched to Planet Rock and it was the same, headunit showing maybe 2 bars of 5 when usually its 5 all the time

I switched to the USB stick and kept driving

Didn’t know you had a Citroen Relay with factory DAB

25 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

All this talk of radio reception, LBC kept dropping out on DAB this morning. Switched to Planet Rock and it was the same, headunit showing maybe 2 bars of 5 when usually its 5 all the time

I switched to the USB stick and kept driving

If you have a foreign DAB multiplex on the same block (channel) they basically cancel each other out - meaning you’ll get exactly what you got. 

I went to see Star Wars on Saturday.  Paid £7.29 to see it in 3D, which I thought was fair enough (but ended up regretting as it left me with a thumping headache).

I found it entertaining, as always, but some of the blatant self-indulgence and self-reference got a bit annoying at times.  I wouldn't describe it as "rubbish" though - it was pretty much standard Star Wars as far as I could see.

35 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

If you have a foreign DAB multiplex on the same block (channel) they basically cancel each other out - meaning you’ll get exactly what you got. 

I don't usually have any issues at all. Put it down to the weather (proper foggy here this morning)

16 hours ago, Wack said:

You need an Erasure Chant

"Who lives in pineapple under the sea?"

"Greta Spongebob"

If you never meet her it's fair to assume she only exists on the tellybox.

If your next house is a pineapple under the sea then she was right after all.

4 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropospheric_propagation

There’s a real “lift” on at the moment. I was listening to a French station on DAB earlier in St Neots. 

Back in the day, us radio geeks used to love it. You could get Hereward FM from Peterborough in Essex and Ocean FM from Southampton etc. Now you just get Heart with different adverts! 

In the car, I occasionally get brief snatches of what sounds like grime (more like grim) pirate radio interrupting Radio 4. It only happens when I'm driving around Ealing/Hanger Lane.