The grumpy thread

outlaw118

InkedIMG_20191221_203717_LI.thumb.jpg.b0b61249eff06df8ab6e101bbef06ddc.jpg

Pcn number 2  from the c*unts that have cloned my plates dropped through the letterbox today. 

So that's another appeal I've sent off as it's a different company, but this company seem to have potato cams in their car parks making playing spot the difference a little more difficult but I got a few none the less.

Doovla said they might issue me another number plate in the future but they want to leave this for a while in the hopes that the scumbags will get pulled over and nicked.  What's the chances?

1 hour ago, barmatt said:

Doovla said they might issue me another number plate in the future but they want to leave this for a while in the hopes that the scumbags will get pulled over and nicked.  What's the chances?

If the plate now has a marker on it as possible stolen, wouldn't that mean its likely you'll be getting pulled over too?

9 hours ago, SiC said:

If the plate now has a marker on it as possible stolen, wouldn't that mean its likely you'll be getting pulled over too?

Yeah, it's a nationwide marker apparently so I'll set off anpr cameras too. I've got the relevant info in the car just in case but it's still a pain. 

19 minutes ago, loserone said:
Have you been pulled yet? If not, I'd be tempted to take the offer of a new plate

Not yet but I live in a rural area with no anpr cameras and police are pretty much non existent, they said they wouldn't issue a new plate until the culprits have been apprehended or a length of time has passed without getting more tickets. I don't understand how they can't just issue me a new plate and leave the other as being stolen but the chap at the dvla said they couldn't do that. Obviously they didn't specify how much time I'd have to wait either.

The year is 2004. In Renault design HQ, surrounded by boxes of unused voice synthesisers, a junior designer working on the Laguna facelift approaches his boss.

'Monsieur, I 'av almost finished with ze interior design, but I 'av a question'

'Mais oui, Pierre'

'Ze gap between ze drivers seat and ze centre console, 'ow big should it be?'

'Zut alors Pierre, ze same answer every time! Big enough to drop your phone down'

'But also big enough to put your hand in, so you can get it back?'

'Ahahahahahahahahaha. Non.'

I've slept all day... Didn't mean to, I don't like doing it either as it's a fucking waste of a day... But my painful cough has turned into a lighter one so I'm hoping that's a positive... Fucking hope I sleep tonight now though... Having a drink then going back to bed

14 minutes ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

Has anyone ever accidentally dropped something into a coolant expansion tank? And how did you manage to fish it out?

Asking because I might* have done this earlier today.....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-39669-Flexible-Claw-Action-Pick-up/dp/B0001K9UCI/ref=asc_df_B0001K9UCI/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=208050023643&hvpos=1o12&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2101476763920308391&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006699&hvtargid=pla-420760076860&psc=1#

Just had a marvellous* weekend. My lady has migraine, which can mean personality switch. This time to mega nasty. She announces she "want's a fucking drink". Is that wise given it will make you worse and extend it for days? Well done Jake, you've lit the blue touch paper. Closest I've ever come to giving her her key back and sodding off. Great depression to add to the fun of it being Christmas.

depends on how much it cost you at the salon getting your hair done.

last time i had my barnet done, wash, cut and dry was £40. i think.

though a man's haircut, including the reading of the paper, discussion of the football results and your holiday plans should come in under a fiver.

that's why i was displeased with getting my hair done, only for it too be messed up by the wind and rain on the way back to the car......

I'd gladly pay £40 for a decent haircut that DIDN'T include any newspapers, daytime tv, muzac (whether correctly public entertainment licensed or not), discussion about football or holidays - in fact, my ideal barber would be a mute, non smoker with no tattoos, good personal hygiene (including not coughing into his sleeve) and no interest in anything except cutting my effing hair.

Every haircut I've had at any barber's in the last twenty years has been improved by a torrential downpour.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, chodweaver said:

I'd gladly pay £40 for a decent haircut that DIDN'T include any newspapers, daytime tv, muzac (whether correctly public entertainment licensed or not), discussion about football or holidays - in fact, my ideal barber would be a mute, non smoker with no tattoos, good personal hygiene (including not coughing into his sleeve) and no interest in anything except cutting my effing hair.

Every haircut I've had at any barber's in the last twenty years has been improved by a torrential downpour.

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

How would you like your haircut, sir?

'In silence'.

1 hour ago, jakebullet said:

Just had a marvellous* weekend. My lady has migraine, which can mean personality switch. This time to mega nasty. She announces she "want's a fucking drink". Is that wise given it will make you worse and extend it for days? Well done Jake, you've lit the blue touch paper. Closest I've ever come to giving her her key back and sodding off. Great depression to add to the fun of it being Christmas.

I feel your pain. 

I have a recurring nightmare whilst awake, where my wife tells me something trivial and points out that she's told me this before. And I tell her I don't ever think she has, and that lights the blue touch paper, because I'm calling her a liar. 

I'm 100% sure that if she had told me I'd recall the conversation.  But apparently it proves I never listen and is proof that our relationship is a sham.  

Boom.  

Found some (hard to get hold of) brackets on ebay, so bought them. Delivery by 20th Dec. Cool.

Still not received the email with the barcode to collect them from the pick up point, so contacted the seller. He tells me they were collected on 16th and signed for. Well, not by me they weren't, as I was in Spain until 17th.

So used the tracking number i have via ebay on the Hermes site. No number exists according to them. And it's up to the seller to do all the non delivery claims now.

So, how could the parcel have been collected without the barcode being sent to me, or the collect place having someone produce my ID? Oh yes, Hermes. They really are cunts.

Let's not forget, some people will have to spend this festive season at home with Bono.

Well, tonight thank God it's them, instead of you.

9 hours ago, New POD said:

I feel your pain. 

I have a recurring nightmare whilst awake, where my wife tells me something trivial and points out that she's told me this before. And I tell her I don't ever think she has, and that lights the blue touch paper, because I'm calling her a liar. 

I'm 100% sure that if she had told me I'd recall the conversation.  But apparently it proves I never listen and is proof that our relationship is a sham.  

Boom.  

That sounds so familiar but mine definitely ain't a dream. 

Punch yourself in the ear to bring on tinnitus then you don't have to listen to them just 24 hour high pitched ringing. 

I wouldn't wish my tinnitus on anyone 

15 hours ago, jakebullet said:

Just had a marvellous* weekend. My lady has migraine, which can mean personality switch. This time to mega nasty

13 hours ago, New POD said:

Boom.  

Combine those two, and there goes my weekend. Ignited by me picking up "the wrong" tree. The joys of not having an actual reason for a fight, but the fight HAS to end in the wee hours. Now I'm in office, after 4 hours of "sleep". "Looking forward" to the days off.

3 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Fellow sufferer here, agreeing wholeheartedly.

Ditto. 

Only worse when I've been ranted at. 

No it wasn't a dream.

I've come to the conclusion. 

Just don't argue back. Never argue that white is in fact white if she says it's black.  Because to say it's white is to lie. 

Today is a good day.  Turkey has not quite defrosted yet, but got the giblets out and put it back in the Christmas fridge. 

Son, is on his way, but I've lost one of his presents. Ah well.