The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Amazon prime have delivered* my parcel to me*. 
Not to worry though their excellent* customer service* could immediately assist* me. 
FFS, I really miss shops selling all the things I actually want to buy and having to rely on these tax dodging cockwombles and their army of self employed couriers instead. 

On 12/18/2019 at 7:48 PM, Datsuncog said:

back in nineteen-oatcake

DC you crack me up! You r gud with wurds.

Seems all Binis use oil and anecdotally they seem to get addicted to the stuff if you ever let it go low.  Considering buying the mother in law a bottle of 2-stroke for hers.

18 hours ago, jakebullet said:

I've smashed a chunk off a tooth. No pain fortunately, but been a while* since I've seen a dentist. Phoned them up, oh we've sacked you off. We can see you tomorrow.... for £50. Sorry, not interested in getting on the private customer gravy train. Ok, well nhs best we can do is 17th January.

Evilmas of being careful it is then.

Get some of that repair putty off ebay, it works OK for a short time. I've been keeping a hole covered since March! - where the dentist did a root canal but I couldn't afford the crown. 

I just top it up every so often 

Fixed a miele yesterday, dropped it back on my way home at lunchtime (half day). 

Somewhere between putting the cash in my pocket and returning home it's gone. Im always careful not to do it as well! I expect it came out and blew away when I grabbed my keys, and either blew away right there or when I got out at Amy's. 

Gah, bye bye £30, easy come easy go. 

^ ^ ^ .... I 'lost' a £20 out of my pocket, driving works van on Windscreen Repair.

Thought VERRY HARRD about my route >> next day rerun it >> stopped at Durham Services in the same bay, open door = soggy folded & stuck flat on the tarmac = Winnah Chicken Dinnah.

Saab back after major surgery (including a full wallet bypass). What pisses me off was that the garage who could do the job rang up to say one balljoint was absolutely shagged and needed replacing. Ah, the balljoint I thought was on the way out but on taking it to my usual place, was informed that it’s fine and just needed the tracking sorting.  (Yeah, I did look at the old bottom arm today and yup, it was shagged) 
Also strange that after sorting the tracking, only a few months passed (and one long journey but little else) before the rack decided to shit itself. Hmm.

Impossible to prove either way but I think I might be taking my fleet somewhere else in future. 

2 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

^ ^ ^ .... I 'lost' a £20 out of my pocket, driving works van on Windscreen Repair.

Thought VERRY HARRD about my route >> next day rerun it >> stopped at Durham Services in the same bay, open door = soggy folded & stuck flat on the tarmac = Winnah Chicken Dinnah.

Id picked the kids up so couldn't go back to look. Amy was in town though and went back, parked up and looked and nope.

Hopefully whoever picked it up was having a worse time than me and its allowed them to buy some food or beer. Glad I didn't dive straight into the petrol station though which I was going to but couldn't be arsed. If I hadn't checked before I pumped the petrol I'd be even more pissed off

Sat in the passenger seat of my girlfriend's car, parked in a carpark as she had nipped into Aldi. I spy a Ka parking next to me with a pair of silver surfers and you know you get a feeling as soon as you spot something?

Yup, throws open the passenger door straight into my door.

She's all apologetic n what not, claiming she has a bad hip (Which may be true, who knows?) but ffs do you have to slam your door into mine? Couldn't you get out before parking? It's not like I can really do anything as I'm not about to go nuclear on some dizzy old coffin doger but you can be sure she goes around doing that all day, every day. We weren't even parked near the entrance or anything.

11 minutes ago, Sir Snipes said:

Sat in the passenger seat of my girlfriend's car, parked in a carpark as she had nipped into Aldi. I spy a Ka parking next to me with a pair of silver surfers and you know you get a feeling as soon as you spot something?

Given the way the previous posts had gone was anyone else expecting a different end to this story?

Todays grump consists of why British people lose their shit about a bit of moisture. It's only fucking rain morons, your skin is waterproof you don't need to park two yards from a shops door in case you drown from a bit of drizzle.

24 minutes ago, LostnotFound said:

Given the way the previous posts had gone was anyone else expecting a different end to this story?

Todays grump consists of why British people lose their shit about a bit of moisture. It's only fucking rain morons, your skin is waterproof you don't need to park two yards from a shops door in case you drown from a bit of drizzle.

I suppoose so, but I woke up to having a leaking roof, swamped garden with water boiling up from underneath the patio stones and widespread flooding!

1 hour ago, Sir Snipes said:

She's all apologetic n what not, claiming she has a bad hip (Which may be true, who knows?) but ffs do you have to slam your door into mine? Couldn't you get out before parking? It's not like I can really do anything as I'm not about to go nuclear on some dizzy old coffin doger.

Back in the car spares place, I remember one old dear, must have been in her 80s asking for "those plastic strips that stop the doors banging!" 

I was agog. But, but but... 

They aren't there so you can bang the door! 

InsecureUnluckyHare-size_restricted.gif.f6ada9d438c1a303f12eec2ab870c61a.gif

9 minutes ago, LostnotFound said:

Being upset over your hair getting wet isn't.

Of course! I was just adding that there were legitimate problems down here that resulted in a lot more than wet hair that would probably make those complaining about the small rain they had thermonuclear.

4 hours ago, Sir Snipes said:

I get that all the time, all my cars are littered with door dents. The best one was a while back in Morrison's car park, some guy parked next to us and opened his door so hard into the side of the Doloshite the whole car rocked and then just fucked off like nothing had happened.

He was parked so far away that even with the Dolly's door fully open it wouldn't reach his car...

door.thumb.jpg.3e4f584eb9d31a2fc6b9c4fbf60ea48e.jpg

(Girlfriend_70s for scale, high tech editing software used to maintain her privacy)

21 hours ago, LostnotFound said:

If it was only a bit of rain then fair enough but when you have a four and half hour delivery every day and it rains for at least part of that time and sometimes for the whole four and a half hours every day for as long as I can remember it does get a little draining. Especially when people keep ordering shit off the internet and then aren't in and have no shelter over their front door so when I try to fill a card out it is immediately wet so the pen won't work and I end up just trying to scratch the details into the card with the non working pen then push the sodden remains through the letter box and then the callers office complain I haven't filled the card out properly and the rain is dripping off the bottom of my waterproof coat into the top of my shoes. Yes it makes me grumpy.