The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Complete traffic chaos ( again ) this morning as, for the third time in one seven days the m3 is totally blocked by an accident where the m3 approaches the m25 junction. It’s always the same place. I two solid miles of queueing cars cycling in to work- the m3 was solid back to fleet services which is ten miles.

B0D8F754-2265-4357-BAB2-57B12CC20C92.png

Partner parked down the road a bit
There was one of our sociable neighbours out saying the wheelie bin woman had gone off on one shouting and screaming earlier in the day. Another neighbour 5 doors behind the photo (the kid who rattle canned hos corsa) was shouting at my partner (Kirsty) to come and park up here pet. I won't shout about you.
Fucking hell man, it's tragic.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Not sure I have much to grump about. Because my main personality trait is grumpy, the fact that I  gave no excuse to be grumpy is making me......grumpy.
I think I'm turning into a right grumpy fecker as well. Must be an age thing mate.

Dump a cat in it.  The UK’s press will descend upon her house to photograph her bin and very probably park outside her house while doing so.  Obviously rescue the cat after!

I had wheely bin wars with a neighbour when they nicked my nice clean one and swapped it for their one with a fucked wheel.  I ended up just putting my rubbish in their bin and nicking it back when they went on holiday

It’s cruel really.  She might be having some sort of nervous breakdown and need some help.  Or she might not.  

34 minutes ago, paulplom said:

Veiw from my front door. We live in a big cul de sac with a massive green outside and lots of big trees at the bottom. She's no fucking excuse really.85570c4e1e55252807643facce998913.jpg

You need plants.  I suggest an apple tree. 

Daughter had a new clutch fitted a few weeks back.

Said it smelled of burning now.

Dropped it in on Monday to be looked at.

Called in today to see what progress was being made*

Clutch was fine - I had assumed a dud release bearing,  it was the flywheel, the old clutch has worn it in the center, leaving a band of unworn flywheel about 10mm at the outside so new clutch plate just landed on that bit.

It is very shallow but clearly enough to cause a problem.  She's spent £1500 on it this year already :(

*I had to cancel my C5, booked in next Monday for a new rear hydraulic ram.  I ordered one that was supposed to be here on Thursday 21st.

None available and NFP.  Bugger!

I got home today from work tonight to find a dog poo in the front hallway of my block of flats, right in front of the door. I've left it there as it's too late for this shit, literally.

I also got a letter from the council saying they're going to charge all the properties on the street and the one opposite due to the amount of fly tipping in the back lane, all the fly tipping has come from one flat who seemingly redecorated and threw all their old furniture, white goods and bathroom suite out the back. This was reported to the council months ago but it's now rotting into the undergrowth and is seemingly a health hazard to the bin removal people.

What the fuck is wrong with this country?

The owner of my local (pub and kitchen) Mick, had a massive stroke on Sunday night. It took the ambulance 40 minutes to get to him. They worked on him for an hour outside before they took him away. He's early 50's, smokes and drinks but isn't massively overweight. They give him an 15% of making it. I've had a text through the night saying he's now stable but has a lot of brain damage. Lovely bloke, poor bastard. Not sure how his partner will cope with the pub either.

We need to live in the now man. Fuck the future.

53 minutes ago, paulplom said:

We need to live in the now man. Fuck the future.

You only get one life and nobody knows how long their ride is going to be. 

And shit happens. Like the lottery in reverse. You enter the draw on a daily basis and today it might be you. Your winnings are worse than shit. 

You can't take it with you. I spend mine as we go. We eat out regular, lots of treats etc. and as long as the kids behave they get pretty much what they want as well. I have no pension to look 'forward' to and pretty much accepted that I'll just soldier on till I'm too ill or drop anyway. I'll be training my 14 year old son and I'll hopefully just take a back foot and possibly make a wage off him when the time comes. If I stick it out with my current partner, she stands to inherit loads anyway. Her dad is loaded along with her aunt and one of her mams old friends. The old friend has just come out of hospital after a hip replacement and has no family at all so Kirsty has been there to help and support her. They both finalised her will before she went in and my partner said it looked very rosy indeed. 

As I said it's all on provisional that I endure the relationship, although we've been perfectly happy the last few months with only the odd blip where I've been close to telling her to fro.

I saw a car that I fancied some great distance away for £700. I have profits from Vel Satis raffle, £404 = Shortfall £296.

Entered raffle for £192 Laguna,

Reasoning, driving Laguna to far off garage easier than train/buses/walking/etc. Shortfall would then be £104, easily the sort of amount that can be negotiated away.

Didn't win Laguna - Fuck sticks.

Forgot about this whopper from last week (deleted the message thread, so it's 'approximate')'

Random person: 'Strand parade'

Me: 'What?'

RP:  '150, Strand parade'

Me: 'Any chance you could start making sense now?'

RP: 'Bring there for money'

Me: 'Absolutely no idea what on earth you're on about. I haven't got time for this'

RP: 'Bring scooter there for 150'

(It now dawns on me he's on about my £160 cash on collection scooter)

RP: '????'

Me: 'I don't know where that is, it's not happening. Laters'

'RP: 'Liverpool mate'

Me (leaves conversation)

The strand ? As in Bootle new strand ? As in where James Bulger was taken from ? 

I'm sure there are people in Bootle who are well adjusted, sensible, coherent and drug free, with real jobs, but I think they may be in a minority. 

I try to avoid even thinking about it.