The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Another work related call:

[From a Withheld Number] 'Hello it's [MONGBRAIN] calling from Adecco here, I've just seen your CV and I have a full time position you might be interested in?'

Me: Have you read my CV?

MB: Eerm, erm...

Me: I don't think you have because I wanted PART TIME work. It says it on the front and everything.

MB: So you wouldn't be interested in a full time job?

Me: How do I do a full time job and study full time?

MB: Well, we don't have any part time work.

Me: So you can't help me then?

MB: No.

Me: Right.

CLICK.

Bent aloe vera lady has replied. She said a recruitment website gave her my e mail address.

Still not lending much credence to the 'I've definitely read your CV' shtick is it? The e mail address on my CV is different!

And she won't explain what it is they do!

Wankers.

I'm pretty much in the same position rgading work (As has been very-well documented before :roll: ) I've applying for job after job, there comes a point where you dont care that you dont have 5-years experience within the last 2 months or whatever, you just apply and hope for the best :|

I'm avoiding agencies at the moment, the last job I did was working at a factory bakery, hot, tiring work, low pay, and I wasnt even allowed to park in the works carpark, it was better than doing nothing though. I also still need to get my college sorted out. I missed the first take-in day due to problems with taxing the fucking car and obviously not realising it was a take-in day. The tutor had informed me that he intends to set up another class, but only if he can get upto 20 people or more, they managed it last year, but I'll have to wait until early November to find out if the class is being set up otherwise, no college for me this year. Shit :cry:

Just had the RSPCA around about my cat.....fooking nosey neighbours somewhere have reported us because of the inoperable tumour on his cheek!! He hardly moves from the driveway so it can only be one of my immediate neighbours - why the hell did they not talk to me about it.....I'm bloody fuming..

Jeez, you would be hard pushed to find ...someone that is more of an animal lover - I used to get called Dr Dolittle at work!

Just had the RSPCA around about my cat.....fooking nosey neighbours somewhere have reported us because of the inoperable tumour on his cheek!! He hardly moves from the driveway so it can only be one of my immediate neighbours - why the hell did they not talk to me about it.....I'm bloody fuming..

Jeez, you would be hard pushed to find ...someone that is more of an animal lover - I used to get called Dr Dolittle at work!

Go round to who you think it is and sound them out. If they shit themselves when it's mentioned you know who it is at least.

Neighbours are chicken shit. Next door reported me once to the DVLA because I had the Amazon in my parent's garage whilst it was SORN, and oh my God would you believe I brought it ONTO OUR DRIVE (private property) to do some work on it. How illegal.

Think is, it was reversed out of the garage, so they'd technically trespassed in reporting me because there's no way in hell you could see that the tax was out from where they were standing. And I left it unattended to go to the shops for less than an hour, so they must have crept on to the drive during that time. It went back in the garage when I got in.

And they whinge at my dad and say I have a 'problem' with them! I can't think why, I honestly can't. :roll:

In the 15 years I've lived here, I have had visits from the following after a tip off from a "concerned neigbour"

Police (traffic and local, everything from "your car is uninsured, we are having it" to "your dog bit someone last week, but we can't tell you who or when" always bogus)

Social Services (several times - usually for mistreating the children, but once for wife beating)

RSPCA (to report a malnourished dog - which we had just got from the RSPCA because someone else mis-treated it)

Enviromental health (at least 3 times for different bogus things...)

Planning department (running a business from home - ok, got me that time...)

British Gas/transco (someone reported a strong smell of gas coming from your house...)

TV licencing (we have a sky dish... and a TV licence)

Oh, and I once got hauled in by the DSS because someone informed them I was working and claiming. They let me go again pretty quick when they realized that I wasn't claiming.

Thing is, I know who it is, by a process of elimination. I only have one immediate neighbour who has lived here continuously, all the other houses have changed hands at least once (and at the mo most are empty), she also happens to be an interfering old bat.

Apparantly Margaret 'Bastard' Thatcher is not well enough to attend her own birthday party. Unfortunately it's only flu, and not some excrutiatingly painful, long drawn out thing that will leave the horrible fucking bitch in pain for the rest of her miserable twatting days.

Aloe Vera.... it's a scam. Well, not a massive scam, you can make money, but only the same as Betterware, Avon or Kleeneze. The figures they quote are wholly unachievable without spending 23 hours a day selling. It's been going years, Forever Living it's called? Links to some dodgy stuff abroad, but it's above board (just shit) in this country.

Regarding jobs to those looking. I don't think that there's any kind of link to qualifications/cv's for a lot of jobs out there

with things as they are.

I applied for loads of general stuff and heard nothing back from a single one.

I'm technically self employed but with ebay fees and people wanting stuff for xxxx all it's not ideal so I applied for

a part time cleaning job with a sister company to my old employer. I was straight with the boss I saw and told him

I'd never done cleaning commercially etc.

I've got the job (yet to start as place isn't built yet) because the girl in HR knows me so put something on the note with my CV.

Don't know what but that was all the guy needed to know about me so threw the other 30/40 CV's into a drawer... those poor sods

never got a call or interview.

I am convinced with a lot of jobs it's not what you know anymore but WHO you know. :roll:

Further to that I've applied for a full time job as I know a guy who already works there.

Apparantly Margaret 'Bastard' Thatcher is not well enough to attend her own birthday party. Unfortunately it's only flu, and not some excrutiatingly painful, long drawn out thing that will leave the horrible fucking bitch in pain for the rest of her miserable twatting days.

Agreed. When I worked in a hotel in Scotland, she stayed there for one night after giving a speech to the Scottish Young Tories. I was a first aider, and if anything had happened that had meant that I'd have had to perform mouth-to-mouth, I'd now have a criminal record for not helping a person in need of medical help.

Pity...

thick as shit lorry drivers, Grr... I go up and down, you go back and forwards, how hard can it be?!

Honestly, I'm lowering a 40 ft, 30 ton reefer container on to their trailer 80 odd foot from above them, in the dark trying to look at their tiny twist locks and they are still 20 ft out and incapable of working out that they have to move forwards or backwards, makes me wonder how half of them got their licence in the first place.

I was in the day that happened, it was bit of a shock for the super who was asleep in the quay office next to it when it all collapsed!

I had the job of transporting a whole load of empty containers over there on night so that they could cordon the area off, the intercom radios in the cabs were still working, it was quite erie.

thick as shit lorry drivers, Grr... I go up and down, you go back and forwards, how hard can it be?!

They're probably too busy murdering a prostitute in the cab :twisted: .

Seaforth container port check our cabs before we can enter so we usually have to dump our murdered toms in Canada dock before we get to security.

I remember the road that approached the docks at Bootle was so beyond fucked it had huge dips and craters in it. I took my mates to Southport to a party in my Rover 213, and looking in the rear view mirror at them repeatedly rebounding off the seat into the car roof is still vivid in my mind! :lol: I think it's repaired now, or it might be somewhere else, I can't seem to find it.

Why can't leaves drop off a tree at the same time?

Spent ages this morning raking and sweeping up leaves off the drive and front and rear lawns..

..been out and about since (including going to pick up the re-furbed original steel wheels for the 2Litre...£15 a wheel ..not bad, eh!!)

...and get back to find theres just as many leaves on the blinkin' grass as there was this morning. :x

These:

luton_02.jpg

We have a fleet of refrigerated Volkswagens of the same shape as the above at work. Not only are they possibly the ugliest vans I have ever seen, they are horrible to drive in comparison to the Merc Sprinter equivalent, despite being much newer and having half the mileage. The autoboxes throw you back in your seat as they change gear and just seem so much jerkier and more unrefined.

Anyone else driven one?

These:

luton_02.jpg

We have a fleet of refrigerated Volkswagens of the same shape as the above at work. Not only are they possibly the ugliest vans I have ever seen, they are horrible to drive in comparison to the Merc Sprinter equivalent, despite being much newer and having half the mileage. The autoboxes throw you back in your seat as they change gear and just seem so much jerkier and more unrefined.

Anyone else driven one?

My mate Pringles Mike has. Into a wall.

This isn't really a grumpy old man thing, it's not really anything, it just exists. I stumbled on it ages ago, but remembered it today and felt it needs some exposure.

Basically, if anyone feels their life is incomplete because they've never seen an episode of Blockbusters re-enacted by a bloke pretending to be characters from Thomas the Tank Engine, these Youtube links should sort you out. You'll be on the edge of your seat!

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLoWHkGj2pk

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6LaP_wGmsU

Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or3ikw6KUOI

Yes, it includes The Gold Run. No, it isn't funny - I'm genuinely unsure if it is meant to be. "Enjoy".