The grumpy thread

outlaw118

No commission from supermarkets, you get the same wages as someone stacking shelves or pushing trolleys around the car park.

yep you could be right... and it's true the vans have been thrashed... yellow hazard tape a common colour on our mercs... even though they are restricted to 58mph.

and with there being a certain weight the van is allowed to carry, it's hardly full scale multi-drop like the whitevanman. and only working 30hours a week suits me fine.. with the option of overtime if i want to work it :D

I managed to get a complaint this afternoon. My agency rang me to tell me not to leave a clients truck in an untidy state. I left a polystyrene cup in the cupholder.... I was also bollocked for smoking in the cab, apparently it's against the law. Mind you, so is losing the odd tacho after four and a half hours work or doing two hours work in a Transit during my nine hours off at their request but we won't go into that... Two faced bellends.

P Plates. WTF is that all about? It's like I mean I have technically passed my test but like I'm not really that confident out on my own so I'll put these on to let others know like I'm going to drive very slowly and erratically in fact even worse than in the driving school car.

P Plates. WTF is that all about? It's like I mean I have technically passed my test but like I'm not really that confident out on my own so I'll put these on to let others know like I'm going to drive very slowly and erratically in fact even worse than in the driving school car.

If I see some on a car then you can do what you like and I'll just look on and keep my distance and let you get on with it. :D

Hopefully that wont be me when I finally pass.

To be fair I think its only the non confident drivers who wear the P plates, I suppose it can be fairly daunting going out by yourself for the first time. No one I went to college with did it though.

3 mobile broadband dongle! Oh Jesus!

I can see the mobile mast from the front window, of which I have the dongle hanging from, in clear direct line of sight:

13102010395.jpg

nothing.jpg

How can they sell this shit? Slower than dial up! Interestingly, it works 'better' in the middle of the floor, so it works 'OK' if it's socially acceptable to have the dongle -sitting on it's side- (it doesn't work if it's standing up) in the middle of a room, connected to two USB extender leads, while warning people to 'watch the wire!', and having my dog pulling the wire around the room on it's leg! Jesus wept.

That happens to me ALL THE TIME!

I lose count of the sniggering number of people who tell me they've input my Number plate to''check me out''.

They love it even more if they can find 'fault'.

Don't they believe I own these cars- or that, if in use -they're legal(ish)?

Last one was laughing on the other side of his face when I replied that MY tyres were all legal -and his were showing canvas on one inside edge!

They usually feel the need to check the details on engine changes.

Is it that whinging twat on RR by any chance? The one that says the car is 'his cup of tea' but then spends the rest of his post making you out to be a shady bastard?

Is it that whinging twat on RR by any chance? The one that says the car is 'his cup of tea' but then spends the rest of his post making you out to be a shady bastard?

Ha, no it was on another forum. I've had the ad pulled twice because of the detectives on there, apparently it's illegal to sell a car which hasn't had it's details changed.

Is anyone watching BBC News? If you've seen one miner come out of a mineshaft, you've seen them all. They've been coming live continuously for the past 24 hours, and the miners can't even speak to anyone, so it's absolutely pointless. It makes you think there might be something else going on in the news at the moment and they're finding a convenient story to avoid covering it or something?

talking about scrap - thieving b********rds who think its fine to come steal the Honda Z600 bonnet I had left out the front but not nick the fridge next to it!

Nick the bloomin' fridge too - that's what it's there for!

you cant get rid of fridges

I've seen plenty of fridges on scrap lorries... No idea what they're doing with them, presumably they charge to take them away then smash them to bits and mix it all in with the other scrap? (So maybe I do have an idea, afterall)

I was also bollocked for smoking in the cab, apparently it's against the law.

Damn right it is, and not a second too soon! I used to fill-in to cover for drivers who walked off the job, went off sick, or were sacked (all of which happened frequently) and without fail, the first thing I would have to do was valet the cab, easily the least pleasant part of my day. (This would be 5am, by the way...) I'm going to be spending the next 10 hours in here, do I really want to be hip-deep in someone else's unidentified dirt when I'm eating my butties? Also, as we were delivering fresh produce, what sort of message does a dirty cab (and resulting smelly driver) send out to the customer? I'm so glad that none of these thoughtless brainiacs ever invited me for dinner; if this is how they work, what does their home look like! :shock:

A driver can expect a fine of 80 notes for smoking in the cab; the company, for allowing him, is fined two grand. I know cigarettes are expensive...!

I've seen plenty of fridges on scrap lorries... No idea what they're doing with them, presumably they charge to take them away then smash them to bits and mix it all in with the other scrap? (So maybe I do have an idea, afterall)

In theory they go somewhere like here.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&ie= ... 3,,0,17.33

They process a frightening amount of fridges and CRTs.

Ha, no it was on another forum. I've had the ad pulled twice because of the detectives on there, apparently it's illegal to sell a car which hasn't had it's details changed.

Er, MigWeb? What does that name even mean, anyway?

Please don't take this wrong way, but why haven't you changed the engine details? If it's on the log book as 1998cc and is actually 2458cc, that would get me wondering as well. I know you're not dodgy, but to others, I can sort of see their reasoning. Typically tactless internet hero bollocks though. I'd ask to see the log book rather than taking the reg and typing it in online. And that would only be if I was interested in the car. What you do with it beforehand and how you declared it isn't any of my business. I have used the DirectGov website before, but that was only to check if some of my old knackers were still alive.

I'm well aware of the type you mean - arseholes who delight in finding fault and pointing them out to all and sundry, continuously. I can but wonder how they'd react if their doings were subjected to the same scrutiny. 'Chomondeley Castle' is writ large in my brain at this point in time, as well as one particular 'enthusiast' on the VOC forum who seems to think himself the authority on all things bodywork. He managed to get a thread closed by declaring a P1800 to be knackered because one of the doors didn't fit quite right - and he did this off the strength of one low resolution photograph. 8 pages in and he genuinely couldn't see why half the forum thought he was an arsehole by tarnishing this bloke's for sale thread, and all because of a spitefully worded comment. He hadn't even seen the fucking car!

A certain anti boy racer forum also springs to mind. I don't post on there any more either.

On a separate note, I still haven't found a part time job. Did 50 more applications yesterday.

This morning I finally receive a confirmation back from someone. On closer inspection it appears to be some bent bastard pyramid scheme selling products door to door.

I know the job market is depressed but it doesn't do a lot for your self worth. This is as bad as Uni is good, which is to say, excellent.

Rosamund,

Thank you for the offer but I don't think the job (whatever it is) that you're going to offer me would be suitable for my needs. I require a stable job with fixed hours, and I'm not sure selling aloe vera as part of a franchise is going to pay for my studies at University. Forgive me, but this sounds like a pyramid scheme scam. No doubt you'll be telling me that what you're offering 'is different' and it 'works'.

By the way, I didn't put this email address on my CV, so how did you find it? Have you even read my CV?

Jon.

That should see them off.

It was sales/service. Started in a Transit then 'progressed' to a Eurocargo, hence my hatred for them. Long hours, arsehole boss, could never do enough to keep them happy but the money was good and some of the time I enjoyed myself.

Having now had the delights of Eurocargo myself, I think I can see where you're coming from. The only vehicle I've ever driven that's quieter at 56mph than it is at tickover! Seat was horrendously uncomfortable, most of the dash lights didn't work, the ergonomics are DREADFUL and the Italian-standard plastics inside are a joke. But I still liked it overall so apologies for not being that grumpy.

On a separate note, I still haven't found a part time job. Did 50 more applications yesterday.

This morning I finally receive a confirmation back from someone. On closer inspection it appears to be some bent bastard pyramid scheme selling products door to door.

I know the job market is depressed but it doesn't do a lot for your self worth. This is as bad as Uni is good, which is to say, excellent.

Hey,WAT. Is Sandbach too far? they may need a part timer where I work.

Hey,WAT. Is Sandbach too far? they may need a part timer where I work.

I could do Sandbach provided the hours aren't mental.

I'm looking for employment at the moment too. It never ceases to amaze me the number of piss taking and 'dodgy' jobs that are advertised on the goverments own jobcentre plus website. Do they not vet any of them?

I have an interview tomorrow for driving a 7.5 tonne truck for a dairy firm. Sounds promising. But, like you say, you do take a hit with regards to self esteem. I am fully expecting either the boss to be a nob or unrealistic expections regarding delivery etc. We can but try though.

I feel I'm quite skilled in this topic as I've been out of work since January 2009, only doing shitty pizza delivery jobs, cleaning, leaflet delivery, etc and graphic design work for cunting agencies, god, I hate work agencies.

It's worse than it appears, my dad was out of work last year for the first time in his life, and my mum has now given up looking for a job. They're both around retirement age, but both are skilled and there's nothing really stopping them going back into work, apart from the typical unskilled BELLEND recruitment/HR/personnel departments. I applied for 100 jobs in the space of a couple of weeks in 2009, I'm not doing that again, there is no point.

The government wants more people off the dole, but there's no jobs. Even a job stacking shelves has a competitive application range, if you have no experience stacking shelves prior to applying and know someone in the shop, there's no point in applying because you won't even get an interview. I pity some of these so-called dole scroungers who are genuinely looking for work, because there literally is fuck all in terms of employment.

Public Transport.

I had an Open Uni exam in Leeds on Monday, and really fancied a pint or 3 when I came out of the exam but I had the car, so refrained. Today, I also had an exam (10-1) so I thought , I'll take the bus. I left the bus stop when it was 10 minutes overdue, went home and took the car, so no Leeds pub for me.

On the plus side, I saw but didn't get a photo of a booted H-reg Mazda 121 (like Garycox's) near the Merrion centre, and when I got out of the exam, Leeds was heaving with mouthbreathers. And the dog's been let out so hasn't got his legs crossed.

I am in a pub, though, and 4 pints in... :lol::lol::lol: