The grumpy thread

outlaw118

31 minutes ago, DodgeRover said:

As if to prove it, this is the message that happens 75% of the time I try to access the site, not that it's so often these days but I'm assuming it's happening to other more regularly

Screenshot_20191024-123148.png

I ironically got that error trying to return to the previous page while reading this thread last night... I get it fairly frequently on mobile, more rarely on desktop.

I apologise to everyone frustrated by the 502 message. I've tried to troubleshoot the issue but haven't got to the bottom of it. I haven't had the time to devote to the site for the past few months, and have decided its in everyone's interest to hand over the technical responsibility to someone who does. I'm handing over the credentials as we speak.

I get the 502 error too sometimes, more on the PC than the phone but I've had it on both. Iit's slightly annoying but it's no big deal in the grand scheme of things, it comes good with a page refresh.
It wouldn't be Autoshite if you didn't have to give it the odd kick to make it work properly from time to time.

Had a horrible day at work today, shit job in a shit place in shit weather. Got home to find a fucking speeding fine NIP letter waiting for me!

36 in a 30 apparently, in the Volvo. Tbh I remember exactly when and where it was too and did wonder if it (mobile camera van) got me, so at least it wasn’t unexpected. There’s a form on the back I’ve got to return and a box to tick if you want considering for an awareness course instead of fine & points so hopefully I’ll get that instead since I’ve not had anything before this.

As much as I fucking hate the underhand little snakes in those camera vans, maybe going on the course might be a bit of a wake up call? Maybe see the best in a bad situation!

I know, I'll go to my garage to get some info off a bike that's someone's asked me about. But I won't will I AND why not, I hear none of you ask?

BECAUSE THE COUNCIL HAVE PUT ANOTHER FUCKING LOCK ON IT. FFS!

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I apologise to everyone frustrated by the 502 message. I've tried to troubleshoot the issue but haven't got to the bottom of it. I haven't had the time to devote to the site for the past few months, and have decided its in everyone's interest to hand over the technical responsibility to someone who does. I'm handing over the credentials as we speak.

Thanks for everything champ. Without you and Skanky, we could very well have been off the air indefinitely.

The Cloudflare is an odd one but not an overly annoying one. 

Weird how people on here can run 40 year old cars every day, starting them with a piece of cheese and running them on previously enjoyed Ribena and the odd fag end - but can’t hit F5 or swipe a phone screen to refresh.

Baffling. 

1 hour ago, danthecapriman said:

Had a horrible day at work today, shit job in a shit place in shit weather. Got home to find a fucking speeding fine NIP letter waiting for me!

36 in a 30 apparently, in the Volvo. Tbh I remember exactly when and where it was too and did wonder if it (mobile camera van) got me, so at least it wasn’t unexpected. There’s a form on the back I’ve got to return and a box to tick if you want considering for an awareness course instead of fine & points so hopefully I’ll get that instead since I’ve not had anything before this.

As much as I fucking hate the underhand little snakes in those camera vans, maybe going on the course might be a bit of a wake up call? Maybe see the best in a bad situation!

Exactly the same speed as me. Do the course it's a doddle.

Around £80, differs in different areas. You can go to the place and time that suits you.

Book online.  Mine was 15 mins from home and morning to get it over with.

Makes you think for a couple of days and then you forget all about it.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

I know, I'll go to my garage to get some info off a bike that's someone's asked me about. But I won't will I AND why not, I hear none of you ask?

BECAUSE THE COUNCIL HAVE PUT ANOTHER FUCKING LOCK ON IT. FFS!

Check that they haven't cleared the garage first. Just to add insult to injury.

2 hours ago, Mally said:

Exactly the same speed as me. Do the course it's a doddle.

Around £80, differs in different areas. You can go to the place and time that suits you.

Book online.  Mine was 15 mins from home and morning to get it over with.

Makes you think for a couple of days and then you forget all about it.

Do you have to tick the box requesting to be considered for the course, then I assume if they allow you to do it they then let you book it yourself?

Ive looked online and they seem to be ok courses, and there’s one local too which is good...

4 hours ago, danthecapriman said:

I went on one a few years ago. I got caught on the A30 just on the Somerset side of the Somerset Dorset border. Now you can choose where to take it but only up to a point. Somerset police had arrangements with many other forces but Hampshire wasn't one of them so I had to go back to Somerset. Most of the venues were in hotel conference rooms but one stood out. Yeovilton Fleet Air Arm Museum. That'll do, I thought. 

Turned up at 9 o'clock on a Monday morning and it turns out the museum was shut on a Monday. But the conference room we were using was at the far end of the museum and we had to walk through the whole lot in eerie darkness (they had the bare minimum of lighting on). Then if you wanted the loo, that was in a completely different part of the museum. They said don't stop to look at the exhibits. Yeah as if I'd do that? I just needed to spend a long time in the toilet.

It was quite odd wandering around a dark deserted museum and quite enjoyable. Probably not worth the £90 fee for the awareness course (though we did get tea and biscuits too) but certainly more entertaining than some stuffy hotel. And I got an anecdote out of it.