The grumpy thread

outlaw118

The latest car insurance scam, 'continuous payment authority'. :evil:

Basically what this means is that if you take out an insurance policy online and pay with a credit or debit card, you're authorising the insurance company to take the money from the account next year, the year after, and for ever until you specifically tell them not to.

And they're not too quick in pointing this out at the time.

Nor is the system regulated or guaranteed by the banks like a direct debit or a standing order, so if there's a dispute you could be in for a long argument.

Be warned!

Basically what this means is that if you take out an insurance policy online and pay with a credit or debit card, you're authorising the insurance company to take the money from the account next year, the year after, and for ever until you specifically tell them not to.

And they're not too quick in pointing this out at the time.

Nor is the system regulated or guaranteed by the banks like a direct debit or a standing order, so if there's a dispute you could be in for a long argument.

Be warned!

I got caught by this one, on a classic car policy with an East Anglian firm whose name is not dissimilar to Hadrian F*cks. A very firm phone call, which may well have referred to my professional relationship with Trading Standards, saw a refund applied within days...

More and more companies have been adopting this over the past few years. Apparently it works really well for them. Even if the premium goes up, a lot of people will let it auto-renew rather than go through the hassle of getting quotes and changing companies.

Friggin Beemer

Popped down to Asdas for some baccy which is about a mile from home , started fine at my house but refused to start at asdas , just turned over and over , left it 5 minuits were apon it sort of started , barely ticked over but wouldnt rev and just stalled when i tried , left it sort of ticking over for ten minuits til it warmed up then thrashed the shit out of it for 10 miles , seems ok now but the tickover is higher than normal ( 1200 instead of 1000 )

What the hell was that all about

Dont trust it now

Any ideas fellow shitters :?

BAN DRIVING WHILST WEARING A BURKA... TWICE NOW I HAVE NEARLY HAD A SMASH WERE THEY ARE WEARING THOSE...THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN SEE ALL AROUND WEARING THOSE FUCKING THINGS!

Right, you just know that's NEVER going to happen. Can you even begin to imagine the gurning that bitch Smarmy Chappati from Liberty would give out?

Having said that, the Israelis say she's a terrorist, so maybe the Mossad will get her first.

Have Burkas been banned in France? Im sure I read somewhere they have. Maybe I imagined it.

If they really does obstruct a drivers vision (which im sure they must do), surely it would come under "not in proper control of a motor vehicle" or some such law. Why are they not pulled over for it?

Why are burkas perfectly acceptable in banks and petrol stations but when I enter them wearing a balaclava or a pair of tights over my head i'm arrested?

If you're going to ban burkas, ban trendy glasses too. I've got a pair because obviously I'm the coolest dude on the planet and they DESTROY your peripheral vision! I get neck strain checking my blind spot (mind you, I don't think people bother to do this after they've passed their test judging by some manoeuvers I've seen recently!)

Sitting here in Chez Claim next to an open window I hear teenage voices outside...

"Look a Merc!" First teenage twat says.

"Aww fuck! It's already been robbed!" Teenage twat two replies.

I think I will investigate the possibility of fitting a removable three pointed star.

ebay w*nkers yet again.

Not once but twice this weekend.I usually list cars on a buy it now with best offer option.You can automatically reject the stupid offers so as not to waste your time looking through the listing.Both listings this week had offers that I was willing to except.Each time I left the offer in place for over 24 hours before accepting.The first comes back with (a day later) "my son bid on your Golf GTi and he's only 17 blah blah" well it's your account pal,your responsability you tosser.

The second one is why I'm posting in this thread.Knobhead makes two offers that are rejected a couple of days apart.Then he makes an offer I will accept.Again I leave it 24 hours before accepting.He makes arrangements to collect on Sunday.Ok then Saturday inbetween the showers I give the car a good clean,check the levels under the bonnet,check tyre pressures and even leave some spares in the boot.I check my messages tonight and what do I see ......"I'm sorry I cannot buy your car.I am ill and get no pleasure in driving.I'm not an ebay messer it's just unfortunate my illness has flared up" Oh right not a messer then just a twat who's only pleasure in life is to f*ck people about from the comfort of your home.

So that's three this month who thoroughly deserve a big fat NEG.

When will ebay realise it is the sellers they need to protect not buyers.It is seller fees that keep them in business.I am seriously considering going back to autotrader and dealing with the mongs who phone up asking inane questions only to arrange a viewing and not turn up.

Feeling your pain Meggers. AutoTrader is infinately better really because it's real people with real money. I found as long as you make sure you don't wait in at a time that doesn't suit you, and accept there'll always be no show-ers, you generally don't go too far wrong.

You always know if something is priced right as the first three days the 'phone will be red hot.

My grump:

Missus wants a dog. I don't mind but I don't like small, yappy ankle bitey little fucking things and would prefer a GSD. However, my money, her choice and she wants one of those Bichon Frise things.

Four different adverts in four different places, replied to them all and every fucking one was a scammer with the old 'dog is in Ireland/France/wherever, please send me X amount via Western Union/whatever and we'll have it sent to your door'.

Cunts.

Small, white, fluffy 'cute' looking things. The sort of thing vile 'celebrities' keep under their arm, usually dressed in stupid fucking dog clothes.

Another o/t grump is the way people cross pedigree breeds with other dogs and then still charge £250+ for them.

What happened to getting a mongrel for fuck all?

Another o/t grump is the way people cross pedigree breeds with other dogs and then still charge £250+ for them.

Making money out of breeding dogs is a ghastly business altogether. My dog was near death due to her previous owners using her as a puppy factory.

Small, white, fluffy 'cute' looking things. The sort of thing vile 'celebrities' keep under their arm, usually dressed in stupid fucking dog clothes.

Tell her it will have to be balanced with the purchase or moar shitez....

Or even use it as an excuse to purchase some 'dog friendly' shite.

A 305 estate, perhaps? Complete with dog guard, naturally.

Or that MK1 Astra estate currently on the e-Bay thread?

GRRRR! Bloody 'ell I dont know whats wrong with me today :x

I feel restless, went to bed at 4am and woke up at 8am, that doesnt usually happen. My mind is in hyperdrive and my body cant make up its mind whether its tired or active.

GAH! :evil:

Know the feeling. It's more or less permenant with me. Dragging myself up for work after 3 hours sleep is not fun. Problem is that if I don't have anything on in the morning, I often sleep through till early afternoon thereby buggering up any chance of normalizing sleep patterns. It's like permanent jet-lag.

Making money out of breeding dogs is a ghastly business altogether. My dog was near death due to her previous owners using her as a puppy factory.

Try an animal rescue centre or the RSPCA.

I'd advise anyone to get a pug, they're tough little things with all the annoying features of a small dog removed.

I would advise against a 307 or 308. They're the exact opposite of what you've described. :D

Iv'e spotted a dead B reg Maestro 1.3HL parked up next so someones garage. Its been there atleast 3 years to my knowledge so its pretty safe to assume it will never see the road again. It looks to have a mint bootlid too- Just what I need for my new Maestro purchase!

Im putting this in the grump section because im going to ask about it today and the owner is bound to tell me to sling my hook when I ask if its for sale, because he's going to restore it "one day"

I bet I see the local scrap man taking it away in a few weeks time too!

Actually....

I had to get rid of two of my shitemobiles to raise the funds :(

Now no matter of 'persauding' to get a proper dog (alsation) is working, it's one of those bloody Bichon Frise things and nowt else apparantly.

Found one for sale about an hour away, seller says it's pedigree but we'll have to KC register it ourselves. Doesn't sound too clever to me tbh, anyone any gen on this please?

I've asked on the grumpy thread so as not to clog up shite talk on the general board by the way.