The grumpy thread

outlaw118

F in ears are playing up . tinitus has kicked off bad style .. Not only rain . droning . but now a far away engine . has hospital checks yesterday and later i am like "is next door hoovering all evening ?" Oh look its 4am FFS . daytime and it will be how are u . looking ok . NO my f in heads ringing and i am f in knackard .

Written on the wall next to the toilet roll holder of every university lavvy cubicle ever;

You sure that Arts degree is toilet paper ?

My son was applying for a job in a management consultancy. Asked me to critique his covering letter

I looked at their website

And wrote this to him

I also have looked at the leadership team.

These are the sort of people that I despise. The sorts that go to a minor pubic school, followed by an MA in Modern Languages at Cambridge, followed by a time at PWC. They vote conservative, have accountancy qualifications, and at a click of a mouse 4500 people are looking for new jobs in a Northern Town.

A couple of (non-car) forums I visit have subforums - "The Pit" where anything goes including blatant flaming - but it stays there and is not permitted to be mentioned anywhere else on the forum on pain of exclusion.

Never felt the need to enter those areas but they must fill a need.

Cav-web used to have the cow shed

In my humble opinion people like me need to share their none car related issues with people like me.

I honestly thought about getting one of those mangle/handwringers when my washing machine shocks packed up. Thought one would be a good backup. I drilled loads of holes in a bucket and stuff wet clothes in there. Hung the bucket up on shower curtain rail and wound it and let it spin. Fuckin water everywhere and clothes still soaked. Managed to get some washing machine shocks off ebay in the end.

My grandparents have an old mangle in the garden, they put potted plants on it. When I was very little I tried to turn it and trapped my finger in it... The next time I saw it Grandad had taken the handle off and put a drop of weld on the cogs... Oops

My grandparents have an old mangle in the garden, they put potted plants on it. When I was very little I tried to turn it and trapped my finger in it... The next time I saw it Grandad had taken the handle off and put a drop of weld on the cogs... Oops

Your welcome to come and trap your fingers for old times sake as this one isn't locked up.

post-3747-0-00911100-1550737053_thumb.jpg

Written on the wall next to the toilet roll holder of every university lavvy cubicle ever;

A professor, a CEO, and a janitor are in a forest when they discover a magic fairy.

The fairy says "I will give you what you most desire if you do someone else's job for a day."

The professor says "I'll be an elementary school teacher. What can be so hard about teaching a bunch of 6-year-olds how to read?" so he is teleported into a classroom. After a few minutes, all the kids' screaming gets to his nerves, so he throws all his supplies and gives up.

The C.E.O says "I'll be a waiter. All you do is carry food back and forth. This'll be a breeze" so he is teleported to a restaurant. After about an hour, all the annoying customers drive him insane, so he smashes his plates on the ground and gives up.

The janitor says "I'll be an artist" so he is transported to an art facility. He glues all the classroom supplies and shattered plates to a canvas, then sells it for a billion dollars. The fairy asks the janitor how he was so clever.

The janitor says "I got a masters degree in art."

Which Legacy have you got Andy?

It's a 97 2.0 estate.

Nothing special but the 1st car we bought when we got here

Just hitting 325k km's and getting a bit tired so we bought the Ml270 as "back up" for it....(can't say replacement as it will start sulking)

I have put some pics up in the past as it is that cracking Wrc Blue colour

It's a 97 2.0 estate.

Nothing special but the 1st car we bought when we got here

Just hitting 325k km's and getting a bit tired so we bought the Ml270 as "back up" for it....(can't say replacement as it will start sulking)

I have put some pics up in the past as it is that cracking Wrc Blue colour

There's at least three on here then including mine, maybe we need a Subaru thread?

My parents had a massive mangle in the wash house at the bottom of the garden, 65 years ago.

It had wood rollers about 9" diameter.

I discovered you could undo the T screw at the top and roll thicker items.

The wash house had a few slates missing.

I rolled a few of the slates, tightening the screw each time to flatten* the slates.

The wood rollers split, splinters everywhere.

I couldn't sit down for a week. (Slight exaggeration, but you get the drift).

We looked at a newer Subaru but the low seating position makes it awkward for the Mrs to get in and out

Plus the "sportier" handling would play havoc with her Fibro so as much as she wanted one it just wouldn't have worked

On the plus side I do now have permission to fiddle around with this one for a bit more fun

Seeing as all the running gear is identical to the much loved Bugeye Impreza that shouldn't be too hard to source,possibly from the UK as they are soooo cheap there

Anyhow,this is Suzi in her current condition thanks to a local whilst parked up

post-8026-0-56963600-1550743897_thumb.jpg

It's that sort of behaviour that gets threads closed, members banned and forums killed.

I was going to pm cavceaft as to why it was closed but in the end I couldn't be arsed. I'm not that bothered.

Oh, well done for missing the point entirely.

Threads are ALREADY getting closed because a small cabal of self-important people have decided how we should interact so that nobody can possibly be offended.

Now you might not be bothered, but I remember when this used to be one of the most laid-back forums out there.

And I'm becoming increasingly disgusted with the direction it's heading in.

Oh, The Moog. That's a shame, he was genuinely OK, but I can understand why he might have wanted to leave the moderation team.

It might have saved me a bit of typing.

Everyone that disagrees with a certain - and actually rather small - element  within the Autoshite community has been told to "fuck off" to a new site.

That site was created by the AS management, and then abandoned to its fate. At least one other member of the 'management team' have been closing threads for dubious reasons and pointing long-standing contributors away from this site.

Now call me cynical, but what the fuck is going on here? So much for light-touch moderation, which is what we originally signed up for.

Billy, I'm calling for you to step down as moderator. I no longer have faith in your impartiality, and you have repeatedly swerved any and all attempts made by contributors to introduce an element of community control into this website. After all, AS is its community - not its moderators. You were chosen initially as a long-standing member that had the respect of the community. I think you've lost that respect.

And I'd like to vote Dave_Q in to replace him. From what I've seen he's done a great job of remaining impartial on the other forum, and he's been a member of our community for years.