The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I love how most threads on the other section has 'shite' tagged on the end, i.e; Saladshite / buildingshite /

curtainshite etc...shite :lol:

What boils my piss most: Misappropriation of the suffix -shite.

Just because the thread starter has hijacked it, doesn't make the thread in question any more shite. If you're going to use -shite in the title, then at least attempt to include some -shite content. Rather than a load of non-shite.

Tapatalk has started shoving ads at me :(. They appear between posts as you're scrolling too for maximum obnoxiousness.

Delete it. The mobile version of this site is better anyway, now the twattatalk banner is delete-able anyway (it used to ignore any taps on the 'x').

What boils my piss most: Misappropriation of the suffix -shite.

Just because the thread starter has hijacked it, doesn't make the thread in question any more shite. If you're going to use -shite in the title, then at least attempt to include some -shite content. Rather than a load of non-shite.

Reply-shite?

Driving along an A road I find myself behind a car doing 45/50. I over take on a long straight, this obviously pissed off the asshat driving it as he proceeded to tail gate me and then nearly have a head on trying to overtake me.

Wtf is wrong with people like this? If you’re going to do less than the speed limit people are going to overtake you!

Driving along an A road I find myself behind a car doing 45/50. I over take on a long straight, this obviously pissed off the asshat driving it as he proceeded to tail gate me and then nearly have a head on trying to overtake me.

Wtf is wrong with people like this? If you’re going to do less than the speed limit people are going to overtake you!

Try passing somebody on the motorway in a Triumph Acclaim. They'll either speed up alongside you and force you back in behind them before slowing down again or wait for you to pass and then overtake you before slowing down again. I've given up and now just drive everywhere at 55mph as it's less stressful

I had that when overtaking a fiesta ST which was doing 40 the other night when in the Leaf. Entertainingly he ran out of talent trying to follow me round a hairpin bend at 20, where most people come to a standstill. He got away with it, but only just, having to stop dead on the wrong side of the road before understeering into a ditch.

Mrs. L1 didn't notice anything, and the kids didn't wake up, so presumably my driving was either pretty smooth or they're all just used to it.

I had that when overtaking a fiesta ST which was doing 40 the other night when in the Leaf. Entertainingly he ran out of talent trying to follow me round a hairpin bend at 20, where most people come to a standstill. He got away with it, but only just, having to stop dead on the wrong side of the road before understeering into a ditch.

Mrs. L1 didn't notice anything, and the kids didn't wake up, so presumably my driving was either pretty smooth or they're all just used to it.

Did the handbrake come into play?

Went to the International Stoneleigh MG & Triumph Spares Day yesterday. Seeing my mates was ace and had a greart day out in that respect, however, the show itself was shite in the spares availability and quality side of things for Triumphs. 

Apart from the very odd exception, the majority of stuff was vastly overpriced old tat. Probably the last time I will go. Sad, as the cars were lovely but overall the show was the worst one ever. 

I seek to avoid these irritants by frequenting licenced premises located in reception blackspots. Reception blackspots can be created where there are none by enterprising people willing to flout the Wireless Telegraphy Act.

Twatting someone in the pub toilets doesn't contravene the Wireless Telegraphy Act.

Hth.

In the centre of Edinburgh on Sunday there’s cars parked everywhere including in double yellows . There’s on space badly marked as being for hire cars. I’ll just be 10 minutes , come back to find a parking ticket . It’s obviously a little honey trap. My own fault I suppose , Edinburgh really hates cars it £30 to park for 24hr!

Middle stepson age 21 (my ex's son, but I'm the only dad he knew from age 8 ) asked if he could borrow 50 quid.

Issues with this are:

I don't have spare money this month, or any month really.

He only ever contacts me when he needs something.

He has a good job, his own place and earns a hell of a lot more than me.

He's just got back from an expensive Spanish holiday, blows silly amounts of money on clothes etc, while I shop at Primark etc and have never been abroad.

I said no of course, but where does parental responsibility end and telling them to man up begin? Am I going to get an earful from my ex for being a crap dad?

Simply put - he can FRO! No way you're in the remote postcode of being a bad parent - telling an earning, holidaying, money blowing ADULT he needs to sort himself out. That talk has to come at some point!

My younger sister is 25 and has rinsed my mum for tens of thousands of pounds over the last 5 years. 

When she is working, every month she'll get paid and spend all her money on going out on the lash etc. Three weeks later her rent needs paying and she'll go begging for money "to keep a roof over her head". My mum's the guarantor on the rent anyway so she's forced to pay it.

My sister is quite often out of work because she'll have quit after she decides that one of the managers is bullying her. By bullying, she means simply being reprimanded for calling in sick repeatedly, turning up late or being bone idle.

Every year or so she is "bullied" (her housemates will be sick to death of her stealing their food and leaving the place a mess) out of whatever shared house she's living in and my mum will stump up a deposit and be a guarantor for the next place.

It breaks my flipping heart to see it keep happening over and over again, and I refuse to even be in the same room as her. I get a load of grief for it because it makes christmas etc awkward.

I'm similarly stuck - which is a pain for munchkin mostly as he misses the cool grandparents they can be. But the staggering differences in approach and tolerance between myself and both sis and brother just got to be too much. I've bailed out the folks (dad never knew - as he'd have lost it!) countless times when mum bailed out either sis or brother to the point of leaving themselves short for some payment or other. But it's you who has to keep your opinion to yourself………. that works for a lot of things - but watching a family member fleeced repeatedly isn't one of them.

An update on the Passat track rod end saga.

They've had the car since Friday, so more than one working day and didn't call me to confirm what they're doing. I had to call them and spoke to the receptionist who told me the track rod ends they'd fitted are "faulty" (wrong?) and the car will be ready by the end of the day.

If they replace like for like (shit for shit monkey metal) and the inner track rod ends are damaged I don't have much faith that these track rod ends are going to last for long.

Fucking arsing Facebook marketplace.

For sale, 4 alloys with decent tyres (my old Corolla ones) - £25.

- Is this still available?

- Yes

- What is your last price?

- £25

- Would you take £20?

At this point I give up and leave conversation

To be fair, the spelling, grammar and punctuation was fine.

- Yes

- £25

- Would you take £20?

People who try to haggle over something that's so cheap to begin with can just fuck off on principle.

Had the kitchen ceiling repaired at last. Only taken since October.

Plasterers made the minimum attempts at clearing up their mess. I've spent since about 4 o'clock clearing plaster dust from the kitchen surfaces & cupboards, hallway, lounge, there's even dusty footprints going up the stairs and in the bog.

Bunch of arseholes.

Many photos taken and e-mailed to letting agent.

Why this couldn't wait 2 weeks for us to move out, they'd have had an empty house and no people to disrupt.

- Yes

- £25

- Would you take £20?

It’s got so bad that I hesitate selling anything worth less than a few hundred unless it’s to people I know one way or another. It’s just asking for grief from the knuckle dragging brigade sadly.

- Yes

- £25

- Would you take £20?

People want to haggle on principle; in this way, the actual figure/price is irrelevant.

I think my favourite contextual story was when WTC sold a car to a bloke, refused to budge on the price but the buyer thought he'd won because Warren bought him a bottle of Dr. Pepper.

I'm so far past dealing with twats like these that I've given up even being polite. Manners don't seem to have meaning any more.

Decided to try and improve my (entirely bleak) mood today, tried to be nice to Ron (the chap with the collie pup) so gave him a ring, just to see if he was okay. Big mistake. Within ten seconds he was trying to get me to take the dog out for him and playing on his bad hip, no bugger gives a shit that I can barely walk myself or helps me with my broken dog. So I said yes...

He asked for ten minutes... after twenty-five I rang him and told him I was off out. See ya...

Had a shower and a shave when I looked in the mirror and saw just how close to a tramp I looked with a beard and unkempt hair and clothes that I have lived and slept in for a period of time I do not wish to tell to ANYONE as I am ashamed... just cannot be arsed, I have a black Lab, a half black Basset and another black dog that lives inside me.

Came home and did the hoovering. Now to express how bad I have become, the last time I hoovered was before Christmas! All of us with dogs know how much they shed over a couple of days so I guess it will come as no surprise to anyone that I had to empty the hoover three times for just one room...

Knew I was overdoing it and have pre-emptively taken MST as well as Fentanyl, already feel really ill but I'd rather feel ill than suffer the pain my body can inflict on me.

^ dogs can make a mess.

This is what my kids came home to today

Daughter sent me that vid while i was still at work.

The pair of them cleaned it up before I got home.

I washed the floor and killed the dog.

(Not really)

(I let the wife wash the floor)

Don't worry, the dog is fine and I did wash the floor.post-5582-0-06435900-1549913934_thumb.jpg

People want to haggle on principle; in this way, the actual figure/price is irrelevant.

I think my favourite contextual story was when WTC sold a car to a bloke, refused to budge on the price but the buyer thought he'd won because Warren bought him a bottle of Dr. Pepper.

I'm so far past dealing with twats like these that I've given up even being polite. Manners don't seem to have meaning any more.

The problem is you've only got to watch one of the many annoying antiques programmes on TV to see it's all "what's your best price?" and "will you take £18?" on a £20 item. The average daytime TV watcher (if I ever become one, shoot me on the spot) is just conditioned to shaving every last cent off as a matter of course.

A friend Annie who is an antique dealer was not happy on one of the tv shows (won't mention which one, or which tv dealer) where they had rehearsed the haggle (having agreed the price off camera) but then on camera the dealer decided to try to knock another £20 off. They had to reshoot because she said "That's not what we agreed".

Got news back of the workshop, it's a no go. Guys not willing to move enough on the rent, even with the offer of refurbing the interior, he's only willing to move 5% on price, even though my offer would have seen me add value to his property AND end up likely paying full rent via staggered increases over a year or 2. He doesn't give a shit about that, just wants as much possible as instantly as possible and will sit with it empty until he gets it.

As per usual with the local market.

Impossible.

Easy to see why anyone in vehicles as a startup is out of business within the year. The actual premises themselves are prohibitively expensive.

^ dogs can make a mess.

This is what my kids came home to today

Daughter sent me that vid while i was still at work.

The pair of them cleaned it up before I got home.

I washed the floor and killed the dog.

(Not really)

(I let the wife wash the floor)

Don't worry, the dog is fine and I did wash the floor.attachicon.gif15499139017955366570479213394316.jpg

That reminds of years ago when I got home to the place I first lived in Donny & Lucky had decided to empty the bin & all the other rubbish bags she could find. The kitchen was about 6" deep all across the room! She was just sat in the middle of it looking so happy I struggled to tell her off.

I'm damned if I can remember why there were so many rubbish bags though.

Got some windows fitted which we ordered over the summer. They were ready in September, but the fitter couldn't fit us in until November.

Two went in on one day, then they left after lunch. Third one wouldn't have fitted in the van, they said. They then turned up a bit late the next day, got the third one and the boss left his lackey to clean up. They generally left a bit of a mess, didn't bring a windowsill to replace one they had cut out (fair enough) and left the plaster in a state. Packing pieces were left primed but not glossed, etc.

Then had someone else come in to do some other work, including a partition wall. He's had to be pretty clever with his windowsills and plastering to cover up how crooked one window was fitted.

The window fitter then came back whilst MiL was in her last week (i.e., Mrs L1 was in now state to argue), plonked a windowsill in with no more nails and scarpered. Fair enough, the windows are in, I can source and fit decent windowsills, fix the plaster, paint the outside, they've done a quick job to squeeze it in, had two half days at best and screwed up the level of one window, which I will have to live with.

Bill arrived at 50% more than their (verbal) quote. Kicked off a bit he's basically said "how much do you want off".

Have gone back using their own numbers, just with the hours they were actually here. It's still more than their estimate, but not horrendous.

I suspect I wouldn't have bothered,but the chap we had in to do the wall probably put half a day in covering up the crooked window, and grafted long days and did a brilliant job in two weeks for twice what this cheeky bugger wants for 20 hours shit work. And if we just paid him, it wouldn't seem fair.