The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Phone wankers in pubs.

I seek to avoid these irritants by frequenting licenced premises located in reception blackspots. Reception blackspots can be created where there are none by enterprising people willing to flout the Wireless Telegraphy Act.

Well... I finally admitted to the other half that after over a year of searching for and failing to purchase a house in the South East I've been looking at rented properties in the Midlands for me as a back-up plan since Christmas.  Could have gone better, could have gone worse.  I cannot go another year of living and working in one room while all my stuff is in boxes, I've had enough.  This is, I suppose, the problem when family are helping with something as important as a house purchase and you're the unknown element with very little to bring to the table other than a bag full of Northern Sense and a couple of old cars.

I'm just fed up, really.  Work is doing really rather well lately, I know that because more businesses and bits of the government are taking money off me now than they were, so I'm working and earning more without actually having any more money.  It's great (it is not great)!  But if I keep on like this for another year I can't expand the business because I need a space I can work in with a clear head, and I need to not be stuck in limbo *waiting* for the call that a house is got and it's time to move.  I can't get bigger projects established and existing projects can't be stopped without a good run up because the momentum can be difficult or impossible to regain once lost.  Art and self-employment in general is a tough job, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

We shall see.  Either a house will magically be purchased now I've admitted to my duplicity in looking for another tenement, or I'll be moving to one of my preferred bits of the Midlands and renting a shitty flat with shittier parking arrangements because I'm doing okay but I'm not Moneybags McGee and the private rental market is abysmal.

That shit one with the entertainment. I forget its name and I can't be arsed googling it, sorry. Might have been the marquess of exeter in lyddington.If it wasn't you I can only apologise. Someone on here did, I went and it was dire.

I've only ever recommended one pub and that's my local in Lincs. I think the Lyddington boozer is one of those over extended eateries which I'd be unlikely to enter even if dying of thirst, but no apology needed; it would be nice to hear just how shit the entertainment was though.

That would be a fucked calliper then. Honda speciality. Done three CR-V ones this month, all on different cars, all the rears.

Not a new thing either it seems.

I was driving my old CRX Del Sol back from Livi to Dundee after purchasing it, It seemed to lose a lot of pokeyness about 10 miles into the trip after stopping for fuel, At first i thought i was losing power, mate pulled alongside me on the dual carriageway and pointed at my back wheel, looked in the mirror carefully and could see a black haze coming off it.... was approaching a roundabout and was only a couple of miles from home, so thought i'd limp it back.... well hitting the brakes for the roundabout certainly woke me up, pedal right to the floor, the last little bit of travel just enough to get it slowed up

Rear brake was on fire and i'd totally boiled the fluid

Fun times.

Sorted that out temporarily the next day by freeing it off somewhat whilst new discs and pads were on order and sourced a caliper... the other seized the same way a couple of days later,

Had the xj8 up for sale on gumtree (yeah yeah i know!)

One guy showed a lot of interest and even communicated in full sentences with punctuation and everything.

Was due to be arriving at midday yesterday so called him in the morning to check he was still coming and answer was yep see you at 12.

2pm and still not arrived so called him, and he just cut me off.

MOUTHBREATHER!

Both the A.A and the R.A.C are relying more and more on subbies.......I can force the day when they both just franchise out their entire recovery operations......

I'm glad to say that they were very,  very good.  The first driver did farm the job out to a local recovery firm (to actually take my car to my tame garage for Monday) but the AA driver made sure that the car was out of the dangerous place it was stuck in and was very efficient and kind.  So I can't complain at all about the service.

I'm glad to say that they were very,  very good.  The first driver did farm the job out to a local recovery firm (to actually take my car to my tame garage for Monday) but the AA driver made sure that the car was out of the dangerous place it was stuck in and was very efficient and kind.  So I can't complain at all about the service.

Of that I have no doubt.....patrol guys [and recovery drivers] are good guys............however, the management end of the organisation is in constant turmoil...............

Middle stepson age 21 (my ex's son, but I'm the only dad he knew from age 8 ) asked if he could borrow 50 quid.

Issues with this are:

I don't have spare money this month, or any month really.

He only ever contacts me when he needs something.

He has a good job, his own place and earns a hell of a lot more than me.

He's just got back from an expensive Spanish holiday, blows silly amounts of money on clothes etc, while I shop at Primark etc and have never been abroad.

I said no of course, but where does parental responsibility end and telling them to man up begin? Am I going to get an earful from my ex for being a crap dad?

Had the xj8 up for sale on gumtree (yeah yeah i know!)

One guy showed a lot of interest and even communicated in full sentences with punctuation and everything.

Was due to be arriving at midday yesterday so called him in the morning to check he was still coming and answer was yep see you at 12.

2pm and still not arrived so called him, and he just cut me off.

MOUTHBREATHER!

This is why I'm making virtually no effort to sell my C70.

Same thing at my mates wedding, he paid £10k for the venue and then it was £6 a pint for guiness, carlsberg or the single token real ale, nothing fancy, I forget which one exactly.

I bought three pints, one for me, one for the groom and one for another lad. Simultaneously we sat down and each took a big gulp of the stuff before gipping, it was like a pint of vinegar.

Barman said "Oh, it's a real ale, they're all like that". I had to do the same as you - give us each a different pint or drink half a pint of that stuff yourself.

He didn't take it off sale though. 

As ex pub employee that barrel sounds like it had been on the tap for god knows how long and spoilt. After about 3 days a real ale starts smelling off and tasting weird

Middle stepson age 21 (my ex's son, but I'm the only dad he knew from age 8 ) asked if he could borrow 50 quid.

Issues with this are:

He's just got back from an expensive Spanish holiday, blows silly amounts of money on clothes etc, while I shop at Primark etc and have never been abroad.

I said no of course, but where does parental responsibility end and telling them to man up begin? Am I going to get an earful from my ex for being a crap dad?

Is his name Sheridan?

Issues with this are:

The bit I've highlighted would be enough for me to politely decline and think no more of it. Sounds like he needs to learn to budget effectively. I'm not being shitty there, it's an important part of adult life.

Yet another serious accident on the A13 at Rainham

Air ambulance etc etc.

Me and Mrs Tet were going to Lakeside Thurrock today. That's kicked that into touch then.

A13 closed both ways obviously.

Congestion building in Rainham from diverted traffic.

We've still got to go out in it though, otherwise we don't eat today.

I hope everone's survived the accident ok, but I just wish they'd drive more sensibly.

The A13 has got to be one of the worst roads in the UK for piss poor driving habits.

The bit I've highlighted would be enough for me to politely decline and think no more of it. Sounds like he needs to learn to budget effectively. I'm not being shitty there, it's an important part of adult life.

Exactly this, the IT tech where I work spunked out a grand on a PS4 and XBox? A couple of years back, then scrounged off his parents when his car went bang a week later due to total lack of even basic maintenance. They bought him a £3k focus. He is 35 with a young kid ffs. They need to learn, and if it’s the hard way, so be it.

In my attempt to see just how far down the shit ladder I can go, I've taken on a Vectra C diesel with a question mark over the clutch.

Oh and like a dickhead I managed to leave the boot open on the freelander so it is now soaking wet and probably has a flat battery.

What a cuntflap I am.

It's a lesson he needs to learn and learn fast!

They have just been to collect daughter's Fiesta and driven it away :shock:

post-3904-0-34493500-1549800532_thumb.jpg

post-3904-0-57971700-1549800558_thumb.jpg

post-3904-0-16109700-1549800936_thumb.jpg

That loose headlamp blew off during the night and was at the bottom of the hill where it was parked.

And the police were in the street when they drove off.

She is still waiting for the money from the other parties insurers, spoke to them several times and they thought it had been paid.  Then they have said it will be another ten days.

She missed the 207cc she was after, the Micra c+c developed an immobiliser fault, bought a Megane cc yesterday.

My younger sister is 25 and has rinsed my mum for tens of thousands of pounds over the last 5 years. 

When she is working, every month she'll get paid and spend all her money on going out on the lash etc. Three weeks later her rent needs paying and she'll go begging for money "to keep a roof over her head". My mum's the guarantor on the rent anyway so she's forced to pay it.

My sister is quite often out of work because she'll have quit after she decides that one of the managers is bullying her. By bullying, she means simply being reprimanded for calling in sick repeatedly, turning up late or being bone idle.

Every year or so she is "bullied" (her housemates will be sick to death of her stealing their food and leaving the place a mess) out of whatever shared house she's living in and my mum will stump up a deposit and be a guarantor for the next place.

It breaks my flipping heart to see it keep happening over and over again, and I refuse to even be in the same room as her. I get a load of grief for it because it makes christmas etc awkward.

My younger sister is 25 and has rinsed my mum for tens of thousands of pounds over the last 5 years. 

When she is working, every month she'll get paid and spend all her money on going out on the lash etc. Three weeks later her rent needs paying and she'll go begging for money "to keep a roof over her head". My mum's the guarantor on the rent anyway so she's forced to pay it.

My sister is quite often out of work because she'll have quit after she decides that one of the managers is bullying her. By bullying, she means simply being reprimanded for calling in sick repeatedly, turning up late or being bone idle.

Every year or so she is "bullied" (her housemates will be sick to death of her stealing their food and leaving the place a mess) out of whatever shared house she's living in and my mum will stump up a deposit and be a guarantor for the next place.

It breaks my flipping heart to see it keep happening over and over again, and I refuse to even be in the same room as her. I get a load of grief for it because it makes christmas etc awkward.

Sounds familiar, my sister is a worthless scrounger too.