The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Leaving a work site yesterday I suspected a soft tyre. Steering felt light etc. Pulled over and indeed had a flat front tyre. Unloaded all my work gear and tools on a muddy wet verge and fitted the space saver spare.

Grumpy with myself for not noticing before that the inner 10mm of the tyre had totally worn through, despite the tyre having around 5mm of tread left elsewhere. The tracking was done on the last tyre change so something wrong. The other side is worn evenly at around 5mm.

Sadly having experienced ‘health and safety’ briefings/ training for management. Not only do they not have a genuine interest in the wellbeing of the staff, they are actively dehumanising the staff in the eyes of management and putting them as the ‘enemy of efficiency’. Thankfully some of my colleagues were as disgusted as I was but far from all of them. The section of doing a stress audit so you could a, show how caring you were in case of any future claims to the contrary, b, get a heads up on who may be worth ‘sidelining’ (getting shot of in other words) and c,covering your arse in case of existing complaints about workload, was particularly disgusting.

Many years ago I went to see the 'newly appointed' (from another plant) head of a major production area of our plant to discuss the report I had just issued. This report dealt with the exposure of a quite, on a long term basis, harmful materials to employees health.

Does it affect production was his only question.

No, it seriously affects the health of your staff was my reply.

Let me know when it affects production was his response.

Several years later he was appointed in charge of, well you can guess can't you?

Just settling down after the trip away, with a brew, ready to tell the internet about stupid car stuff and I get informed that a local friend committed suicide last night. He'd been signed off work with anxiety issues. They were clearly very serious. Bit stunned to be honest. Not a close friend, but that's not the important bit. It's another male in his 40s deciding there's only one way out. This is fast becoming a very serious issue. People in those situations must feel so lost and worthless at that moment, yet every death leaves a chasm with unanswered questions, feelings that weren't noticed but were in fact there and absolute confusion.

just oiled my nuts , ready for cracking them sometime , its about the only things that went right today , hope the manifold is not a bugger to get off ...

yesterday started off well with no frost on the early start , but Mr Road Captain saw to that happy event  , hogging the middle line at well under the speed limit , with cars struggling to get past ...then I got past  , and his response , to sit behind with his full beam on , despite traffic coming the other way , so being blinded , I slowed , and slowed , and slowed ..

until I was doing some 25 mph .... with this mad twat stuck behind me until I got to the next junction , just as the lights were changing ...I got throu , he had to  stop  .....

Big Grin mode was activated !!! ,

then the car had a hiccup session ......

left work today on my early finish  , went to look for a 15mm deep reach socket to do my manifold nuts with ... Ever been to Edge lane in Liverpool ..... AVOID

did not have the bit I wanted and got stuck in a jam going , and on the way out , and then met another Road Captain who thought it funny to lean on his horns as I filtered around a parked car , being on my patch I knew the next junction was a twat ....made sure he stayed in the outside lane , got to the next junction and more major road work and a jam , twat was in outside lane , gave him  a peep and turned off down a side road I knew ., he was stuffed ..

and the car hiccuped again

so being out this way I headed to Aintree and another hold up and Mr and Mrs Darling driving by committee who did a splendid last moment move to the right filter by crossing over from the inside lane and the straight on lane  , so with my arrival at Screwfix I parked like a cunt as no spaces left in car park and I pulled out my phone and searched the catalogue which offered me a spanner , a full set of spanners , a sander , by this time car park emptied making me look like a bigger badly parked cunt

so I went in and pulled out a catalogue and ..... no single sockets ......

so I drove past Toolstation ... car was full so I did not want to look like a cunt again and saw Range in the distance .....that DIY and other crap shop .

and parked properly and went in ........they had a long reach socket set , 7 sided ones for £7 .. by this stage  I just bought it ..

happy jump and skip to car and drove towards Aldi ......

some cunt jumped in front of me at the junction with his car and then proceeded to get the last parking space in the road outside Aldi ..

so I parked like a cunt which got a dirty look off him ....

it dont end here , oh no

so I did my shopping and its all on the belt nearly at the checkout when I noticed the bread bag is split ......

so I lost my place in the Q as I went bread hunting ... but another till opened ! 

Grin mode got activated ..

got home and got the spark plugs out , one of them  was not a Fat Mans Agony , the rest not so good , so cleaned and re gapped to 1mm

got the exhaust heat shield off and oiled my nuts and left them to soak ... but one nut is a bolt , 13mm at that ...why ?

so I took the dog for a walk , his first one of the day I think ......he had to stop in the middle of the road to drop his load ..!!

then a 2nd squit , followed by ...... it would of needed a straw to lift !

but I did my 10000 steps for the day !!!  :-)

Just settling down after the trip away, with a brew, ready to tell the internet about stupid car stuff and I get informed that a local friend committed suicide last night. He'd been signed off work with anxiety issues. They were clearly very serious. Bit stunned to be honest. Not a close friend, but that's not the important bit. It's another male in his 40s deciding there's only one way out. This is fast becoming a very serious issue. People in those situations must feel so lost and worthless at that moment, yet every death leaves a chasm with unanswered questions, feelings that weren't noticed but were in fact there and absolute confusion.

That's crap news Ian. An unexpected death always knocks you for six. Do your video when you're ready to and chill for the rest of the afternoon.

Is January the worst time of year to buy a car?  Is that a silly question?  Frustrated doesn't cover it.  Gumtree/Auto Trader/etc Notts is just full of the worst clunky shit ever.  Awesome comedy ads though.

Maybe 1000 - 1500 is now just peanuts. 

Probably is.

Long week.

Urrgh.

Is January the worst time of year to buy a car? Is that a silly question? Frustrated doesn't cover it. Gumtree/Auto Trader/etc Notts is just full of the worst clunky shit ever. Awesome comedy ads though.

Maybe 1000 - 1500 is now just peanuts.

Probably is.

Long week.

Urrgh.

3/4 of the battle seems to be getting through to the vendors. Probably five cars are now off my radar that I'd have happily bought.

72 hours before I get to unleash a hitherto unknown level of e-rage on an on-line estate agent, their conveyancing firm and a former relative.

Today though, a stuck up twatty chemist and some dizzy bint doctor's receptionist can FRO. But not quite as much as the conveyancers. Or the former relative. 

Yeah it’s true.

Anyways, am off to view one tomorrow. I hate going to look at cars. Am always a dizzy prick and forget to check the right things, or worse still, overlook them in a headlong rush to purchase. If it has 3/4 of a clutch and over 10,000 miles of belt, I reckon I’ll take it. The airbag light has been on for several years apparently. Hmm.

Father neb has been today tentatively diagnosed with mesothelioma

Arse

That’s not good news, however a diagnosis now may help treatment. Our ex owners brother in law had a cough for forty years that was only diagnosed a few years ago as mesothelioma. He’d worked as a plumbers mate stripping pipe lagging in the 1960s.

That’s not good news, however a diagnosis now may help treatment. Our ex owners brother in law had a cough for forty years that was only diagnosed a few years ago as mesothelioma. He’d worked as a plumbers mate stripping pipe lagging in the 1960s.

Thanks, tbh I was kind of expecting something like this. Father was a boilermaker for Babcocks in 50's/60's so was exposed to all kind of shite including early 60's nuclear.

72 hours before I get to unleash a hitherto unknown level of e-rage on an on-line estate agent, their conveyancing firm and a former relative.

Today though, a stuck up twatty chemist and some dizzy bint doctor's receptionist can FRO. But not quite as much as the conveyancers. Or the former relative.

When you say chemist, you mean Pharmacist.

I only ask because my son is a Chemist and his sister is a Pharmacist, and there is a world of difference.

Daughter says that 50% of customers are tatty and rude and entitled, so if you think your pharmacist was twaty that might be that uhh having just dealt with the 100th rude and obnoxious cunt TODAY, they might be struggling to keep it together.

Doctor's receptionists however? Are usually more evil than Fred West and Harold Shipman if they had a party with Pol pot.

You have to play it cool and smooth to get what you want from them.

Realised that I'd not got around to taking my other half off the insurance for the Citroen. Did it for the rest of the fleet, but it's with another provider and I'd forgotten. He's not able to drive for medical reasons, so no need for cover.

Adrian Flux want forty bloody quid for the privilege of changing the policy. Doesn't have any effect whatsoever on the premium, just ridiculous admin fee. Wouldn't bother me so much if it was something we'd done that required the change, but we didn't exactly decide for him to have a stroke did we!

Now the question springs to mind of whether to just leave it. His insurance would essentially be invalid...but he ain't going to be driving anywhere for at least the next two years so that to me seems a non-issue. However does this constitute me not declaring something to them and potentially screws up *my* cover as well? There's absolutely no way in hell that they'll be getting any further business from me come renewal time in May anyway! See: them currently charging £1100 for a policy I can get for £280 elsewhere.

Thoughts?