The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Damnit.

Having to abandon a job half finished because you can't find a tool.

In this case replacing the damaged n/s roof gutter on the Invacar, because the dispenser thingie for the sealant has gone walkies.

At least I discovered this before cracking open the tiger seal rather than after I guess.

Was dashing around like a loon (well as 'dashing' as an ancient cripple who can't breathe is capable of) getting cars sorted out and away from the garage and then friends wanted to meet me at the park. I dashed (previous comment still applies!) home, got the dogs, forgetting to put Chester on his lead, after all, surely he can go 5 feet from the gate to the car without it just once?

No, the fat sod really can't, straight over the road to piss on Olivers gate post (Oliver is Chesters arch enemy - a Dalmation of all things), shout like a mad man at him, he totally ignores me, the triumphant little bastard so intent on his peeing, by the time I get him back to the car, Phoebe has pooped right by the front door of the car and I trod in it!

Clean that up, get her in the car, find Chester again (yes, he'd buggered off again!) and get him in the car, decide for some obscure reason, to put the roof down and that won't loc into place and is making alarming, er, alarm noises. Sort that out, ( a bit of the seat cover, there to protect the back seats from the dogs had got into the mechanism) and finally go to the park. Meet up, have a chat, got a snog from random woman and realise my watch is missing.

Only find it and the screw that had fallen out (about half an inch long and the thickness of my cock after being out in the cold for an hour or two) so that's a jolly good start and one I am most pleased with :)

Smashed one of my few remaining Iitala glasses.  Kept it away from my son in case he broke it (he's smashes loads of glasses) then dropped a knife on it. 

They were £30 each in 1974 :(

Did find a replacement insert for one of my broken Russian tea glasses, only £30 a pair :( (insert that is).

+ postage, import duty, handling charge and VAT, of course :(  :(

post-3904-0-10485600-1546357705_thumb.jpeg

STOP TALKING EVERYONE BAD SHIT HAS HAPPENED

Tescos have "Improved" their own brand beef ravioli.

The sauce is now too thin, too salty and too much basil. The ravioli itself seems to be less nice too.

Sainsbury's stuff has got lumps of tomato and onion in the sauce, and local Asda don't sell their own.

Heinz it'll have to be then, more expensive, and not as good as original recipe tescos.

Cunts. Why can't they leave things alone?

As you were.

See......Every New Year they fuck something else up.   I have had 60 New Years now which is why the world is shit and I am fucking grumpy.

My mums moving out this weekend, so I'm off to clear my stuff out of the garage.

Been let down on a load of storage places, so the only place I've got to put any of it is in the attic at home, which should be a lot of fun - roll cab + top box full of tools, compressor, big daddy MIG welder, various exhausts, a set of 20" wheels off my van etc etc

I've noticed that Big Yellow Storage near me is doing 8 weeks half price atm. I plan to pack my garage into a storage place in-between moving houses. Not least I don't trust any moving companies workers greasy mits on my tools.

Buble..a plastic Sinatra, without the range, depth or charisma............

Buble is like an early 00's Korean car.

Astonishingly competent at doing what it does, reliable and yet somehow always trying to be something it isn't, more plastic than you ever thought possible and lacking any kind of charm.

Not sure what makes me more angry, people that flick their indicator on as they approach you at a mini round about but have already starting turning left or those that don't bother at all.

I hate it when people indicate right round the roundabout then don't indicate left to exit the roundabout. They're literally turning left while indicating right!

I hate it when people indicate right round the roundabout then don't indicate left to exit the roundabout. They're literally turning left while indicating right!

I hope you got them on dash cam, then send them into the wallies on one of those YT channels. Boy can we laugh then.

Jane McDonald is the female Steve Wright. Chats pure shit, talks over her guests and has far too much to say, none of it worth listening to.

Whilst we're on annoying people on the telly let's have Alison Hammond. Total and utter waste of air time, no surprise whatsoever to find out she was on Big Brother.

Before that, she used to work in the same office as me...

Thanks for that :)

I was a bit blinkered as all the ones I have came from the factory in Finland - our boss would drive up there and buy for the whole firm - 1,000 mile round trip but he did have other places to go on the way.

Further to my previous ravioli/Tesco rant, the recipe for their cheesey puff/balls/ snack appears to have been "improved" too, since last purchased.

They now are not so cheesey and taste a bit stale.

CHRISTMAS IS RUINED etc

I should post in CRISPS.

I never liked the Tesco cheese puffs. Too wet and slimy, they should have a dry dusting of powder, not leave your hands an orange glutenous mess. My favourite ones for a long time were the Sainsbury's ones, but the Co-op ones are even better, as the big bag is always a pound, and filled right to the top of the bag. Perfect :grin: