The grumpy thread

outlaw118

A client was telling me 2 days before competition the buyer suddenly wanted a periodic test done on the electrics and the boiler servicing.

The buyer of the rental house I sold in Jan tried that trick. I informed the solicitors that the sale was now off and that I would put the house back on the rental market. That was the rocket that was needed. They were already a grand and survey charges in........

how is it my body feels like its been dragged throu a hedge sideways , trampled by a herd and I need to wake up in the recovery position on my week off work...

but when work starts ...

i do work on the car , do the cooking and cleaning

have my couple ( bottles ) of plonks , some cans , a donner or two , piles of chips , watch a movie

and

I can be woken at silly O clock by a taxi call ... ( yes mate , its there in 10 , bye )

be the first up

cook breakfast ( and serve and eat it )

clear the garden of cat and dog shit , do the bins , and clean the toilet ... ( well I would have to after that lot )

as for the dog , he is still toasting his paws in front of the fire after the last trek I took him on ...... wimp !!

Do you need a hug ???

Artilllery here too. Two doors away are re-enacting the Somme barrage.

Wouldn’t mind but they are in their fifties and have no kids. Their dogs are going apeshit and my cats are terrified

Have they got a bonfire lit? If so, gather a carrier bag full of aerosols, tie the top, then wait till they're not looking & lob it into the fire!

Just stressed.  Stressed, stressed, stressed.  No money to do anything beyond keep things where they are.  No ability to push my business into bigger projects until I know what's happening with the house move (10 months, three failed house purchase, and still no closer to getting a house) which means no more money since I can't necessarily meet obligations a bigger project demands while I'm in limbo.  People the world over being absolute dicks to other people for no reason other than personal wealth and short sighted cruelty.

I just generally feel stuck and frustrated at the moment with no power to change anything.  I want to just have a big old rant at someone, anyone, anything, but there's no one place to focus it on.  It's all so infuriatingly nebulous.

Had a concert tonight, first one with the new choir I've joined.  It was good fun.  In a cathedral, etc.

Walked out, didn't know where I was going and walked about 3 miles looking for the car park.  In a city that I know a bit, I ended up walking in totally the wrong fucking direction.

And I'm back in work tomorrow doing tech for a big event.  And I'm the only techie.  And have a shit ton to transport before I can even start setting up for rehearsals...

Concert was good fun, though.

Due to our management staffing levels being somewhat suboptimal, I started today at 9am despite not leaving last night after midnight. On a Sunday this amounts to sitting in the shoebox office for hours on end waiting for something to happen. Let's play a game of what awful thing did I forget to do last night!

On the plus side, I have a large thermos of niceish coffee. Maybe it won't be so bad after all.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bought cooker off Facebook. Dirt cheap because brassic. Its wired in properly and the oven doesn't work. Turned it all off off and found no issues or loose connection. Turned back on and the bastard thing just blew me into the wall. £25 up the swanny,left arm shaking and chest pounding now. Feel like shite.

Bought cooker off Facebook. Dirt cheap because brassic. Its wired in properly and the oven doesn't work. Turned it all off off and found no issues or loose connection. Turned back on and the bastard thing just blew me into the wall. £25 up the swanny,left arm shaking and chest pounding now. Feel like shite.

Explains why it was cheap!

I'd have thought your place would have RCDs to prevent that.

Sorry to hear that Bub, anyway you can check if the wiring to it is correct? If it's earthed and on a modern RCD system it shouldn't give you that much of a shock.

At the risk of teaching you to suck eggs

Old system

Red live

Black neutral

Earth unsleeved

New

Brown - live (fucking stupid choice if you ask me but they didn't)

Blue - neutral

Earth - unsleeved

My grump had a call from a family member just got a new to her Meriva on a '59 plate off a lot with a fresh test, making a terrible noise from the front. Took it up the road and wished I hadn't, had to stop to check the wheel wasn't falling off it was that bad.

2 new drop arms on the front anti roll bar, both are on upside down, both are loose as there isn't sufficient thread showing for the nyloc bit of the nut to go onto!

Seriously who is that sodding thick, got to go and put them right tomorrow after work.

My grump had a call from a family member just got a new to her Meriva on a '59 plate off a lot with a fresh test, making a terrible noise from the front. Took it up the road and wished I hadn't, had to stop to check the wheel wasn't falling off it was that bad.

2 new drop arms on the front anti roll bar, both are on upside down, both are loose as there isn't sufficient thread showing for the nyloc bit of the nut to go onto!

Seriously who is that sodding thick, got to go and put them right tomorrow after work.

Take it back!

Elaine Page. It takes about three minutes of her show to give me a splitting headache. If her voice doesn't do it the fucking cacophonous racket she plays will. 

https://youtu.be/NvsuZEGbg58?t=102

I thought she was doing cruise liners. Best fucking place for her, 500 miles out into the Atlantic.