The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Mrs Shrimp just told me her mates son has put his car for sale on gumtree and getting nothing but dickheads. Really I would never have guessed.

As they've pissed him off he decided to try we buy any car. It's a fucking 1986 mk2 Golf CL they'll offer about 10p as it is he only wants £1800.

I asked has he not tried anywhere else? No it's stressing him out...

To be fair, an hour of Emmerdale would likely bore the best of us into truffling out the ringpiece.

There are some pretty girlies in it (especially the MILF that is Moira), the Mrs watches it seriously (but that's what women do).

A cat grooming itself constantly for an hour is really excessive. Just been flea & worm treated. TBH all it does is miaow for food, sleep or lick its arse all day. Won't go out, won't play with toys.

Just got in from work and the little fucker has puked everywhere. Stepdaughter been in all day, unaware of pile of puke as teenage disinterest in anything that isn't on the interweb, because it doesn't exist.

And to top the festering dog turd of a day with a rotten cherry, council tax final demand in the post. We've not even been sent the bill to set the direct debit up yet.

I'm in a real mood now.

Tacuma went away on Tuesday for MoT, having run out on Saturday.  It failed, on brake pipes, a couple of tyres and some other minors.  I've been phoning the garage, authorising the jobs.  Still no tyres; brake pipes done; airbag light dodgy (which tbf I knew because it's been like that all the time I've had it).  Not going to have it back now until Monday.

Fridge and cupboards increasingly empty.  Neither of us is up to much walking.  Marvellous.

you haz t'internet.

order a shopping delivery.

your welcome.

Mrs Shrimp just told me her mates son has put his car for sale on gumtree and getting nothing but dickheads. Really I would never have guessed.

As they've pissed him off he decided to try we buy any car. It's a fucking 1986 mk2 Golf CL they'll offer about 10p as it is he only wants £1800.

Get him to sign up here.

Details?:)

Scrap that, saw the £1800 bit!

Not a dark blue one is it?

Temp contract jobs. Finally got myself out of a shit ton of debt and actually seeing a little savings build up. On the search for a perm job before my contract runs out and the agency I’m with have informed the contract could be cut short by a few months. Absolute buggery... expected to get a good 5 months work and not have to worry about paying bills or getting into more debt. Hopefully they get their arse into gear and sort it out...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Temp contract jobs. Finally got myself out of a shit ton of debt and actually seeing a little savings build up. On the search for a perm job before my contract runs out and the agency I’m with have informed the contract could be cut short by a few months. Absolute buggery... expected to get a good 5 months work and not have to worry about paying bills or getting into more debt. Hopefully they get their arse into gear and sort it out...

Is your workplace actually slowing down?

Maybe worth having a word with HR or the relevant dept

Is your workplace actually slowing down?

Maybe worth having a word with HR or the relevant dept

It shouldn’t be they have just finished a big recruitment drive and it’s not as if it is a small company I work. To be fair I think they have over recruited but there is a high staff turnover with about 35% if staff on temp contracts.

There are some pretty girlies in it (especially the MILF that is Moira), the Mrs watches it seriously (but that's what women do).

A cat grooming itself constantly for an hour is really excessive. Just been flea & worm treated. TBH all it does is miaow for food, sleep or lick its arse all day. Won't go out, won't play with toys.

Just got in from work and the little fucker has puked everywhere. Stepdaughter been in all day, unaware of pile of puke as teenage disinterest in anything that isn't on the interweb, because it doesn't exist.

And to top the festering dog turd of a day with a rotten cherry, council tax final demand in the post. We've not even been sent the bill to set the direct debit up yet.

I'm in a real mood now.

Excessive to the point there's probably something wrong to be honest. We've just been through the same with our cat - overgrooming to the point he'd swallowed loads of hair then sicking it back up (over me, or the new carpet). Could be an allergy of some kind, there's various things you can try but switching to a hypoallergenic food worked for us, Arthur is now being sick once a week rather than every day.

Excessive to the point there's probably something wrong to be honest. We've just been through the same with our cat - overgrooming to the point he'd swallowed loads of hair then sicking it back up (over me, or the new carpet). Could be an allergy of some kind, there's various things you can try but switching to a hypoallergenic food worked for us, Arthur is now being sick once a week rather than every day.

TBH I think it's senility. It's been going on for at least 6 months now and the last vet appointment in April said she's in fine health and very alert.

I just hate cats anyway.

Tacuma went away on Tuesday for MoT, having run out on Saturday.  It failed, on brake pipes, a couple of tyres and some other minors.  I've been phoning the garage, authorising the jobs.  Still no tyres; brake pipes done; airbag light dodgy (which tbf I knew because it's been like that all the time I've had it).  Not going to have it back now until Monday.

Fridge and cupboards increasingly empty.  Neither of us is up to much walking.  Marvellous.

That's a bit crap, can you not do a Tesco home delivery? I'd offer to do a shop run but I'm nowhere near BiF this weekend :)

Edit, didn't see posts saying the same.

Don't really know what you're moaning about, TBH. I phoned the RSPCA and told them that there was a pole cat clinging onto my ceiling fan and asked if could they come and collect it.  They said they didn't believe me, but in the end they took my whirred ferret. 

It shouldn’t be they have just finished a big recruitment drive and it’s not as if it is a small company I work. To be fair I think they have over recruited but there is a high staff turnover with about 35% if staff on temp contracts.

Sounds like my work, loads of temp staff being taken on constantly but hardly any stick around because they get 14 hours of work a week if they're lucky and there is no progression in the role. So they hire more new staff and the problem endlessly circulates.

Sounds like my work, loads of temp staff being taken on constantly but hardly any stick around because they get 14 hours of work a week if they're lucky and there is no progression in the role. So they hire more new staff and the problem endlessly circulates.

Im glad I’m guaranteed at least 37.5 hours a weeks in this role. So it could be a lot worse. Emailed the temp agency about the contract and they have said it is week by week at the moment. Annoying as I was told it was a guaranteed 5 month FTC.

TBH I think it's senility. It's been going on for at least 6 months now and the last vet appointment in April said she's in fine health and very alert.

I just hate cats anyway.

Could be stress rather than a physical issue. There are dietary supplements like Zyklene or a Feliway plug in diffuser might help.

Could be stress rather than a physical issue. There are dietary supplements like Zyklene or a Feliway plug in diffuser might help.

We’ve been using the feliway as they did fight, it has calmed both of them down from that at least.

It’s more the poxy horrible racket she makes when grooming that gets my goat. I am hypersensitive to the sound of people eating as well, I have to excuse myself from the table if people slup their food.

Just waved goodbye to my BX estate restoration. Decided that having a major welding project after having a spine fusion operation probably wasn't the best idea. Can't wait to get back to work. At least 5 more weeks off and I'm bored already doing nothing

Just waved goodbye to my BX estate restoration. Decided that having a major welding project after having a spine fusion operation probably wasn't the best idea. Can't wait to get back to work. At least 5 more weeks off and I'm bored already doing nothing

You would probably be fine TBH I was told no point in having mine fused as I would just damage above or below where it was fused.

5 weeks - what you need is a project car ;)

I thought that I would adjust the door mirror slightly, but being a cack-handed fool I managed to shear the casting instead.

You will hardly notice my temporary seamless repair

post-3477-0-87978100-1532184101_thumb.jpg

I may try some chemical metal type stuff, but more sensibly I will get a new one on order, looking forward to trying to undo the bracket, I'll probably end up needing a new door hinge/door/bulkhead