The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Good old HP support.

My name is Kiran and this is a follow up for the case ID: 5330404195 ; which is open with ARUBA HPE network team. CUSTOMER ISSUE AND PLAN OF ACTION TO BE UPDATED. We had e-mailed with the information you have requested with a document. Please let us know you were you satisfied with the information you have received and will we be able to close the case.

Thank you again for contacting ARUBA HPE Networking Support, please do reply to us with the information as requested.

Uh.... what? I simply replied with "Yes you can close the case. Thank you"

For context I received the replacement part (and shipped back the faulty one) yesterday, and also informed them of this.

I once hit a Cow with my BSA 250.

In my defence it was a black Cow on an unlit road.

my wife's great uncle Ira used to dispatch ride for Birmingham evening post as a teenager in the late 40s

He used to ride to South Wales to pick up the news every day and had a short cut through the Brecon Beacons where he had a short cut through a farm yard where a goose would chase him and peck at his legs. One day he went through at speed, stick his leg out and caught said goose across the neck. The goose was last seen rolling around in the farm yard.

When he got back to Birmingham it transpired that his leg was broken which explained the pain over the previous 2 hours.

my wife's great uncle Ira used to dispatch ride for Birmingham evening post as a teenager in the late 40s

He used to ride to South Wales to pick up the news every day and had a short cut through the Brecon Beacons where he had a short cut through a farm yard where a goose would chase him and peck at his legs. One day he went through at speed, stick his leg out and caught said goose across the neck. The goose was last seen rolling around in the farm yard.

When he got back to Birmingham it transpired that his leg was broken which explained the pain over the previous 2 hours

Geese are evil buggers. One of my childhood mates grew up on a farm. His parents used to leave him in his pram outside guarded not by a dog, as one might imagine, but by a goose.

No-one ever ran off with baby.

In fact no-one even went up to go coo-coo, gaa-gaa or any other inane babyspeak twaddle as they couldn't get remotely close for fear of having extremities either pecked off entirely or at best pecked to smithereens.

Evil, I tells ya.

Ha, yes they are properly mental. We had a smallholding when I was growing up including 4 geese and a gander. The gander was utterly deranged and would savage people without warning. It was only matched by someone (I forget who) who marched into the field, and expertly grabbed it by its neck, holding it off the floor at arms length as it charged towards him.

It was sweet when a plane went over though, all the geese used to turn their heads to watch it go over - they had to sort of pivot around the axis of the beak to see.

What? How? I've never hot anything. Tbh I don't even think I've come close to hitting anything are you trying to start some kind of road kill butchers?

You've obviously not met pheasants. Oh my god.

They run out. They look at you. Run back in to the verge.

You slow down and start to swerve around.

They double back and run straight into the middle of the road.

Sucidial bloody animals. Not helped by the fact they are fed up to be heavy, so they can't fly very well at all nor want to either. Fed to be heavy, so they fly slow and the rich city folk have more of a chance to shoot them down. Because they paying a lot to go on a shoot, it's expected to hit a few - despite being a poor shot.

Yeah, pheasants are just absolutely suicidal.

I don't know what it is about them and cars, whether they just don't see them or they move too fast or what.

But yeah, every time I've got a pheasant it's apparently seen me, stopped and thought "fuck it, what's the worse that can happen?" before just strolling out with a microsecond of notice to stop the car.

Sucidial bloody animals. Not helped by the fact they are fed up to be heavy, so they can't fly very well at all nor want to either. Fed to be heavy, so they fly slow and the rich city folk have more of a chance to shoot them down. Because they paying a lot to go on a shoot, it's expected to hit a few - despite being a poor shot.

I lost count of the number of people I nearly rear ended because they thought a peasant worthy of emergency braking.

Until a bloke at work suggested that might be my fault for traveling too close and not expecting the expected.

When he got back to Birmingham it transpired that his leg was broken which explained the pain over the previous 2 hours.

Could they not just have used the phone?

Why do they upholster cars in that fabric/carpet that grabs and holds on to dust bits and hair?

The more you hoover the deeper into the pile it goes.

The first Citroen cx I test drove had a velour interior, I was wearing cords and couldn’t move in the seat! Couldn’t swivel to get out!

I hit a pheasant once at 50mph on my Honda NH125 moped.  I didn't even try to swerve to avoid it as I knew that whatever I did the stupid fucking thing would find its way into my path anyway, so I just stayed upright, feathered the throttle and rode straight into it.  Didn't cause as much of a wobble as I'd feared given that I was riding at speed* on a lightweight scooter with 10" wheels.

Not sure we have any actual Americans on here just a few immigrants like me.  I'm happy to answer questions though, I have lived six years in Texas so have some idea of what's going on.

We did have one from Tennessee a while back but I seem to remember him suddenly going yellow after a dispute.

Sent many polite messages to sellers of some *fine vehicles over the last couple of days, nothing no replies not even to say it's sold, apart from one guy who was selling a mpv thingy couple of texts said I was keen, could come any day as he was local, seller said away all weekend, ok, txt him Sunday to say are we on for tomorrow viewing? (Monday) nothing.

Maybe I need to lower the standard of my messages as I think I'm being to polite, now where's my sons broken XBox

Sent many polite messages to sellers of some *fine vehicles over the last couple of days, nothing no replies not even to say it's sold, apart from one guy who was selling a mpv thingy couple of texts said I was keen, could come any day as he was local, seller said away all weekend, ok, txt him Sunday to say are we on for tomorrow viewing? (Monday) nothing.

Maybe I need to lower the standard of my messages as I think I'm being to polite, now where's my sons broken XBox

Someone on here selling a *beautiful Honda CRV...... O it's me!

We did have one from Tennessee a while back but I seem to remember him suddenly going yellow after a dispute.

Been here ten years. Seen a few things.

Still upset that work schedule has me thinking today is Thursday. Cruel.

Edit: it's 2018, 11 years.

It’s definitely nutter season, had a fair amount of this recently. Noteable gems included the (highly annoying) ‘????’ when I asked if an item was still for sale. The header of the message included the item name, yet when I had to point out what it was I got nothing in reply. They then readvertised it.

Yesterday I asked on social media if anyone had a certain make and model of car, with a brief list of preferences and the price range.

Woke up this morning to find a private message which was just one picture of a dirty/dusty speedo and no words at all.

After asking what it was supposed to be about, I then received about 239,000 pictures the size of an ant’s left bollock and that seemed to have been taken with a sandpapered fucking milk bottle as a camera.

It’s definitely nutter season, had a fair amount of this recently. Noteable gems included the (highly annoying) ‘????’ when I asked if an item was still for sale. The header of the message included the item name, yet when I had to point out what it was I got nothing in reply. They then readvertised it.

Yesterday I asked on social media if anyone had a certain make and model of car, with a brief list of preferences and the price range.

Woke up this morning to find a private message which was just one picture of a dirty/dusty speedo and no words at all.

After asking what it was supposed to be about, I then received about 239,000 pictures the size of an ant’s left bollock and that seemed to have been taken with a sandpapered fucking milk bottle as a camera.

Yep, and another one.

I found a V70 T5 for sale in South Wales. It's got a bit of front nearside corner damage. Still mot'd. The damage didn't look that bad. Bumper scuffed and dislodged, broken indicator lens. Seemed very bodgeable.

So, I sent the seller a message. He actually replied. He told me it had been standing for six years until he recommissioned it, and it was running very well until a lad in a BMW clouted the front of it.

So I sent him a second message saying I was located on the far side of London and could I fix the damage enough to drive it.

No reply. Nothing. Zilch. Maybe it's sold, I don't know, but if so, can't people take a few seconds of their time to message 'sorry mate, it's gone'.

There's a lot of things that are very expensive, but good manners are free.

I'm in a bit of a rut with what car to buy to replace the 605.

Seen a couple of 406s, both tidy and in budget more or less.

However I just have no motivation to go and view either. Ones a cheap as chips V6 (which is no doubt bonkers, and it's an auto) and the other is a tidy but maybe slightly salty 2.1td.

Think I've made myself sick of buying cars.

This has been compounded by missing out on a super tidy 405 the other day. That's the most gutted I've been about a car for a while.

I lost count of the number of people I nearly rear ended because they thought a peasant worthy of emergency braking.

Until a bloke at work suggested that might be my fault for traveling too close and not expecting the expected.

They are worth braking for as aircon condensers are expensive as are the front grilles they make their way through before hitting them.

Norfolk has a suicidal animal group I swear...... the amount of various animals I hit, swerved to avoid or ran over remnants of beggars belief.

Best one was Uxbridge A40 though. On my way home late one night, under bridge going downhill past the speed camera and cows everywhere at the bottom on the curve....... swerved all over the place, missed em and ended up facing wrong way. Got onto side of road and called police.

Plod - hello......

Me - hi, there's a problem here on the A40 at Uxbridge by the speed camera. There's cows all over the road...... I've counted at least 13 of them

Plod - Sir, its a motorway, its built for cars......

Me - COWS

Plod - what

Me - C. O. W. S. - Moooooooooooo

Plod - bugger! OK see if you can warn anyone..... I'll radio through.

The guys showing up thought it was a prank at first. Local farmers field had some scrotes wrecking the fence so the herd went for a wander.

I left the 2 traffic bods to practice their cowboy skills...... it was 4am by then.