The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Ha, I did mine through the NHS and produced the sample on site. Getting a sample across Bristol in less than 20 minutes would have been tight. For those wondering, the NHS provided material was a Lesbian DVD that came free off a magazine...

When I gave the results printout to our consultant, he congratulated me on producing a strong sample. Much to my wife annoyance!

I did mine, over 10 years ago, on my own (with some help from The Hun) at lunchtime and had about 30 minutes from then to get it 10 miles or so to Harrogate hospital, where upon I handed it to a Mr Husband...!

I don't know... I've been with flux for years with no issues and get a price promise offer every year for my classic insurance. For my SD&P insurance it's a different story though, they didn't even come close. So long as they are the cheapest for classic, I'll be paying them regardless of any customer service attitude standards because I don't want to pay it anyway.

Grump of today is: The Weather.

It was nice yesterday and Thursday, why can't it be nice over the weekend! I really wanted to give the MGB a spin but it's rubbish out there. Biggest problem with the rain on the MGB is the wipers are rubbish. Fresh blades but the tension spring isn't very tensioned and the arm kurled section is rounded off. So the wipers spend more time scratching the windscreen surround and buggering the blades than clearing the screen.

Oh well. At least it's an excuse to start clearing/tidying my garage at home.

I’m convinced the shop that replaced my cracked phone case helpfully* upgraded* the battery it’s chomping through the battry life in about half the time it use to take.

Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Not so long ago we had to deal with an iPhone that came in for a power issue. Tapped the details into the Apple service site and it started asking questions like wanting us to type in the serial number of the screen, battery, mainboard etc.

Turns out the phone had been repaired before, had a screen fitted in some backstreet place. Not only did they replace the screen, they swapped the mainboard for one from a stolen phone and flashed the IMEI, before exporting the good, legit mainboard as a spare part to another country so it wouldn't flag up as two IMEIs the same on the same network.

Apple however had noticed two identical phones on their activation servers so the first time one came in for service they ask for all the internal identifiers to work out which one is legit.

They ended up replacing it FOC!

My grump today is my shite navigation skills,was set for only a 20 mile trip to the shithole of Redditch to fetch an exhaust pipe and tyre for my MZ (on my MZ). I had memorised what I needed,first roundabout go right,straight over next one,left at the third.So naturally I went left on the second one,ended up on a one way dual track,aborted mission and found my way home.Plus the weather was really pants,really wished I was sat in a warm car with a satnav!

My grump today is my shite navigation skills

I suffer from this a lot and had an incident yesterday except instead of my directional skills going wrong my brain just completely substituted the location of the cinema we were going to. I set the location in the sat nav and set off towards Chichester. Got on the A27, and was a bit confused when Daphne the Satnav directed me staight back off again in a loop going towards Porstmouth. However Daphne the Satnav is almost never wrong, so I went with it, extremely confused, but I had faith. It was only when I started seeing signs to Port Solent that something in my brain went *twang* and I realised it was the Port Solent Odeon we were supposed to be going to, not Chichester, literally no one had said Chichester at any point.

This bloody job interview I've got next week is what's pissing me off today.

I've spend a couple of hours trying to write this damn presentation they want me to give. There is no way on earth anyone can write 10mins of bullshit about 'Your first 90 days in the role'. I'm just not going as anyone cuntish enough to put such a thing in an interview must be a cunt of a boss too.

What pisses me off most is I utterly hate my current job & I know I could do this one well. They've just made it impossible for anyone who isn't a bullshitting cunt to succeed when they apply.

The proposed reduction of the speed limit to 80kp/h is giving a lot of people here the grump.

Bigish biker demo in my local town caused a bit of chaos. Great to see the bikes though.

Apparently there's going to be a massive demo in Caen on the tenth.

Good to see the frogs kicking off a fuss instead of just giving in.

I suspect they'll be more protests as the proposed June 1st deadline approaches.

Attempted to sell the 205 via Facebook earlier. Predictably it didn't go well and I had tons of lowball offers and people telling me to call them. No thanks, you call me if you want it.

And then to top it all off someone told me to sort myself out and not complain about the car. Er, okay, didn't realise selling a car was me asking for some shit heads opinion.

Anyway, to conclude, I'm going to pay for it to pass an MOT and actually be useable and sell it on. Maybe then I won't have to endure such creatures.

OK so I replace the battery in daughters Iphone6 and it's still dropping power and shutting off , i.e it's at 60% shuts off then on restart it's got 15% . It's just out of warranty and has had a non Apple screen replacement ( Done by me ) 

Given their recent skullguggery https://www.wired.com/story/apple-iphone-battery-slow-down/  I think there's a reasonable argument for getting it fixed by the fuckers 

Attempted to sell the 205 via Facebook earlier. Predictably it didn't go well and I had tons of lowball offers and people telling me to call them. No thanks, you call me if you want it.

And then to top it all off someone told me to sort myself out and not complain about the car. Er, okay, didn't realise selling a car was me asking for some shit heads opinion.

Anyway, to conclude, I'm going to pay for it to pass an MOT and actually be useable and sell it on. Maybe then I won't have to endure such creatures.

What's the lowdown on the 205 bram-z? Did you offer it on here?

OK so I replace the battery in daughters Iphone6 and it's still dropping power and shutting off , i.e it's at 60% shuts off then on restart it's got 15% . It's just out of warranty and has had a non Apple screen replacement ( Done by me ) 

Given their recent skullguggery https://www.wired.com/story/apple-iphone-battery-slow-down/  I think there's a reasonable argument for getting it fixed by the fuckers

They do some weird stuff. Mine refused to charge over 89% and then fell off quickly until shutting down with 20% showing.

Ended up doing a software update, a couple of hard restarts and an overnight slow charge. Incredibly that worked!

If there is a software update lurking, possibly worth trying that and a couple of restarts to see if it helps?

Pm me details,a 205 (with ticket) could be just what I need

Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Not so long ago we had to deal with an iPhone that came in for a power issue. Tapped the details into the Apple service site and it started asking questions like wanting us to type in the serial number of the screen, battery, mainboard etc.

Turns out the phone had been repaired before, had a screen fitted in some backstreet place. Not only did they replace the screen, they swapped the mainboard for one from a stolen phone and flashed the IMEI, before exporting the good, legit mainboard as a spare part to another country so it wouldn't flag up as two IMEIs the same on the same network.

Apple however had noticed two identical phones on their activation servers so the first time one came in for service they ask for all the internal identifiers to work out which one is legit.

They ended up replacing it FOC!

Didnt think apple got involved the moment people took their Apple stuff to backstreet phone shops, thought they washed their hands of it because its been tampered with. 

Lack of an MOT was not your mistake...

Didnt think apple got involved the moment people took their Apple stuff to backstreet phone shops, thought they washed their hands of it because its been tampered with.

Only if the fault is attributable to a fake part being fitted.

Does depend if the fault means a whole unit replacement, they don't like taking them back as they can't harvest the fake parts. But if it's a same unit repair, and the fault isn't because of the replacement part, instructions are to crack on.

There's no warranty seals on them. You can open it up as much as you like and still get warranty repair.

This bloody job interview I've got next week is what's pissing me off today.

I've spend a couple of hours trying to write this damn presentation they want me to give. There is no way on earth anyone can write 10mins of bullshit about 'Your first 90 days in the role'. I'm just not going as anyone cuntish enough to put such a thing in an interview must be a cunt of a boss too.

What pisses me off most is I utterly hate my current job & I know I could do this one well. They've just made it impossible for anyone who isn't a bullshitting cunt to succeed when they apply.

It sounds as though a blag is needed here. Fuck writing stuff, just go make it up outta yer heed. 

Have I somehow turned invisible?

Three times in the last two weeks someone's just walked around me in a queue. Self service till at the supermarket, Post Office queue and today in a restaurant waiting to be seated (fortunately the waitress saw what happened and sorted it out).

Each time was not a horrible scrote but a very ordinary-looking middle-aged woman. People who look like my mum should be teaching me manners, not the other way round.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

They do some weird stuff. Mine refused to charge over 89% and then fell off quickly until shutting down with 20% showing.

Ended up doing a software update, a couple of hard restarts and an overnight slow charge. Incredibly that worked!

If there is a software update lurking, possibly worth trying that and a couple of restarts to see if it helps?

I only have this iPad. But that shows odd charge levels sometimes. Off charge it will alert to 15 and 10% but then when plugged in will show 53 or so and charging.

Have I somehow turned invisible?

Three times in the last two weeks someone's just walked around me in a queue. Self service till at the supermarket, Post Office queue and today in a restaurant waiting to be seated (fortunately the waitress saw what happened and sorted it out).

Each time was not a horrible scrote but a very ordinary-looking middle-aged woman. People who look like my mum should be teaching me manners, not the other way round.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

A bloke younger than me walked around me in the chemist the other day. I had to then endure him asking for suppositories. Luckily no symptoms were discussed.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

It sounds as though a blag is needed here. Fuck writing stuff, just go make it up outta yer heed. 

I can't talk bollocks on such a crap subject for 10mins, hence trying to work out a rough guide to talk bollocks from.