The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Ive just finished putting up an ad on gumtree for the civic - I usually don't bother with a phone number and ask for email contact but this time I stuck a pay as you go sim in a spare phone and put the number on the listing - imagine my suprise when, less than 30 seconds after I hit the 'post advert' button, the phone started to ring. Any guesses ? Yep, "hello sir, I'm calling about an accident you had recently" fuxake :(

The A-team is on channel 5. Been trying to watch it with mini Shrimp. It's utter crap! I mean I know it was supposed to be a bit crap but it's just boring.

I was so excited to receive an A-Team DVD box set as a birthday gift a few years ago... and was then genuinely appalled at just how dull it was.

When I was 6, I couldn't get enough of it - but I can't understand why, as 85% of the show appeared to be mainly people arguing in an office about who owned the rights to the oilfield under the widow's ranch. And then, for no particular reason, BA would weld some scaffolding pole onto a school bus and drive it through a barn, in slow-mo, eight times from different angles.

The past is a foreign country, etc etc...

Cheers, booked a slot with them tomorrow instead to have it recovered. I'll bear you in mind though if they kick a stink up. Cheers!

Suspect its the alternator, EPAS stopped working, lights went out next it won't start, only 11.4v at battery which is a fairly recent job. Alternator on these is a right bastard behind the bumper.

Steroids. Making me eat like an MP at a free all you can eat buffet at the house of commons. If I keep on like this I will be the size of a houseboat. In fact if I eat any more chocolate I expect to be diabetic by monday and having no legs by tuesday.

new glasses grump.

i've recently had my eyes tested, distance wise, the prescription is near as damn it the same as what my lat eye test was (yay!) but close up, i cannot see squat.

which pretty much chimes with what i thought, so, i am of the age when i need "reading glasses"

so, pick out an exquisite pair of frames for new distance glasses, and some similar ones for the reading glasses.

picked the new glasses up on friday, and i cannot see shit all with them. any more than 5 minutes on, and they make me sick to the pit of my stomach. like really, really sick. so much so, i've put the old specs on and, hurrah, vision is restored!!

seriously, these new glasses i'm just not getting on with, i'm going to have to throw them back at specsavers, otherwise me getting my eyes tested has been a complete waste of time and money.

new glasses grump.

i've recently had my eyes tested, distance wise, the prescription is near as damn it the same as what my lat eye test was (yay!) but close up, i cannot see squat.

which pretty much chimes with what i thought, so, i am of the age when i need "reading glasses"

so, pick out an exquisite pair of frames for new distance glasses, and some similar ones for the reading glasses.

picked the new glasses up on friday, and i cannot see shit all with them. any more than 5 minutes on, and they make me sick to the pit of my stomach. like really, really sick. so much so, i've put the old specs on and, hurrah, vision is restored!!

seriously, these new glasses i'm just not getting on with, i'm going to have to throw them back at specsavers, otherwise me getting my eyes tested has been a complete waste of time and money.

Yup they’re wrong. Take them back. Hope it all turns out well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got similar issues with glasses.

Had distance ones for a few years and never ever wear them but lately one or two things have been a struggle to read.

The optician told me 5 times that it was down to my age the cheeky cow.

Anyway I got reading glasses and with my right eye I could read the small print on a Wonga load application.

Left eye, rubbish. Worse than before.

Now I end up reading with one eye shut.

This can't be right?

new glasses grump.

I've got similar issues with glasses.

Had distance ones for a few years and never ever wear them but lately one or two things have been a struggle to read.

The optician told me 5 times that it was down to my age the cheeky cow.

Anyway I got reading glasses and with my right eye I could read the small print on a Wonga load application.

Left eye, rubbish. Worse than before.

Now I end up reading with one eye shut.

This can't be right?

I had a sight test a few months back, and have been prescribed varifocals. Sign of age.

Gotta get my eyes done again. Bizarrely I had the 'of that age, reading glasses' line too, but that was on my last but one visit. To be fair, the reading glasses still work fine. I lost my dailies, so booked meself in for another test.

The most poorly socially skilled optician in the world decided (nay, snorted in derision at the very suggestion I needed reading glasses) to give me a new prescription. The new glasses (two pairs as they were doing a 2 for 1) are great for reading, next to useless for distance work. Couldn't be arsed changing them, just take them off when watching telly or driving.

That was a year ago, so am getting a new test next week (Vision Express have taken over our Tesco optician so hopefully the last useless prick isn't there any more)

I went optician and the optometrist got my glasses all done to my new prescription (as per eyesight test).

Wore them for a half hour and got a horrible migraine headache.

Went back, turns out that if you dial the power of the lenses in your eyes may actually be able to adjust to it and the glasses I got were about 2.5x too strong for what I actually need.

My main problem is astigmatism. Not a strong lens but the axis has to be correct.

Also if you do that make sure you wear the test frames for a little while because the dot they dab in the middle that "doesn't really matter" matters immensely because otherwise you're looking through the wrong bloody part of the lens.

They made good, you've got a few days to go back and tell them they made a complete balls up of measuring your eyes

Phil

Always had good service from Specsavers - which I wasn't expecting when I first tried them.

A previous optician who had also been excellent did supply a lens of incorrect prescription, again astigmatic and it felt like my eyes were being dragged from their sockets.

I haven't had to wear glasses for years (other than reading small stuff) whereas I had to wear bi-focals for a while before! All the various meds I have been on change your prescription, sometimes dramatically and my eyesight used to change at 6 monthly intervals.  It was really odd putting my glasses on in a morning and thinking: 'this is worse!'

Strangely, it was!

My normal vision is now back to (pretty much) perfect. I am getting younger instead of older :)