The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Bub's got a CVT Volvo hasn't he? They have some kind of limiter but its possible to disable it, then you can drive as fast backwards as you can forwards!

When I was writing that it did make me think of my old DAF but I suddenly remembered it couldn't do 70 going forwards either so stopped worrying.

I thought I'd accidentally sorted Puma number one's water loss, as the expansion cap seal looked like it was coming adrift. Anyhow, jiggled it about and all was well (albeit on short journeys) but today the water has dropped again. It's almost certainly the HCV 'thing'. The brakes weirdly enough don't seem to vibrate now, so a bit of heavy use has probably freed off a sticky caliper. 

The real pisser though is the headlights, they're hilariously bad so driving LAC is a bit of a no-no in the dark on country roads. Maybe there's some wet and dry/buff 'trick' that'll make them better, I'll have a look later.

Meanwhile, I was out in it early doors today, and it's still an absolute riot to drive.

If you live in London or phone Radio 1, do you absolutely HAVE to sound like Big Shaq or an American rapper?

No you can also sound like other types of cunt.

This also applies to frank skinner ruining absolute classic rock on weekend mornings.

Its the same for reversing lights, they don't seem to work over 70mph either. Will buy anyone who can prove me wrong a pint.

Having followed my mum along the motorway and seen her try to go for 6th gear in her (then-new-to-her) 205, I can confirm that this is bollocks.  Sadly no photograhic evidence however.

I've tried doing it in the MGB. Reverse is where 2nd gear is on most cars, so going to 2nd from 1st you have to remember. Then going back to modern cars, I have a habit of selecting 3rd instead of 1st. You can get away with it in my Civic but the Aldi post emissions fix has zero torque in 3rd and stops itself dead.

The real pisser though is the headlights, they're hilariously bad so driving LAC is a bit of a no-no in the dark on country roads. Maybe there's some wet and dry/buff 'trick' that'll make them better, I'll have a look later.

Meanwhile, I was out in it early doors today, and it's still an absolute riot to drive.

If you are keeping it then fit a set of white HID's to the dip beams, they are projector lights so won't dazzle anyone and its a half hour job to do once you work out how to remove the headlamps, the difference will literally be night and day :)

All Vauxhalls are not shit. I'd be happy with a Cresta or Ventora :)

However the Vectras and Astras that I had inflicted on me as company cars can FRO.

In other Grumpiness, most of today I have been fitting a tow bar to my new* van.

Ebay listing said 30 mins to fit, no holes to be drilled and no bumper cutting.

So obviously I've had to go out and buy a big drill bit and cut the fucking bumper.

And now I've got a new tow bar ,domestic management informs me  I can now collect the materials for the new kitchen ...

Can 2018 be the year that, "Aldi" instead of "Audi" finally stops? Please?

Went into local BP with an attached M&S this afternoon. What's on display? Fucking "Happy Easter" bunnies! If I hadn't put fuel in already, I'd have walked out.

An Aldi/Audi finally stopped on the A52 this morning, dickhead went flying past in the wet, two miles down the road there is a kink that often catches the clueless and low and behold he was in the barriers, there was a Mazda stopped so not sure he had clipped that as well or if they had stopped to help. It was properly fooked.

Can 2018 be the year that, "Aldi" instead of "Audi" finally stops? Please?

Get to the back of the queue! 'All VXs are shit' got tiring in 2015 but it still seems to amuse those who crave acceptance...

What IS tiresome is people believing they have the right to force their opinions on the harmless activities of others by attempting to dictate how they express themselves.  Maybe this could be the year THAT finally stops.

"Please"?