The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Second opinion time!

I have had all manner of dental tortures over the years and never ever has the anaesthetic lasted more than an afternoon.

Sometimes the toothache is worse after the treatment, but only for a while.

This sounds bizarre .

Me too.  However, much googling had uncovered similar stories - it is apparently to do with it being a "sedative" filling which required a deeper anaesthetic.   This morning it is just starting to ease but I have go back in November for the proper job which is root canal.   Think I will just have the bastard out.

Drove into town because I need a new stereo in the house. Bloody coach on my favourite hooning road. A chavved up Golf tried overtaking and almost got taken off the road (yeah, ok, it's fairly narrow). I nip past the car in front of me, but am forced to concede that there's no way to get past this coach. It trundles along, as coaches do (and indeed as the community bus does when I'm driving it). I ponder whether the driver of said coach might allow some of us to get past. In this, I am disappointed. Eventually, we reach a straight section. I go for it. Coach starts encroaching over the white line. Nowt to do but give it the beans (in a 1.6LX Bluebird) as I'm already halfway past. Just about squeeze through. Feel a bit of a twat, but mostly annoyed.

Get to the retail park. Put my right indicator on to show I'm NOT going left at the small roundabout therein. Some TWAT in a Zafira pulls straight out in front of me anyway. FFS. 

Go to Currys, because THERE IS NO CHOICE. Can't play with the stereos because some bright spark has decided that the best place to have a desk to chat with customers is right next to the stereos. FFS. I wait, patiently, listening to my carefully prepared USB stick of excellent music at a respectful volume. I get fed up with waiting and head off to grab some shopping. I come back, they're still bloody chatting! Who goes to Currys for this much of a bloody chat? Just buy something and piss off as quickly as possible! Isn't that how shopping is done? I stomp off in discuss and drive home at relatively high (and entirely legal) speed. Feel a bit better because there are no coaches and it actually isn't raining.

I think that mostly, I've been unreasonably angry about fuck all, so therefore this is ideal for this thread.

:mrgreen:

On a serious note (not that Living Voice isn't serious stuff)  I hope you can find a decent HiFi shop Ian.

I generally use a local one, Lintone Audio in Gateshead.

You can just wander in for a look around and a chat to the owner or any of the blokes working there, there is no pressure to buy anything and they are quite enthusiastic about helping out, giving advice and seeing that you get what you actually want, rather than making monumental sales.

Surely the Autoshite music connoisseur's only choice is an Amstrad tower system from the car boot sale?

Remember that Autoshite is about saving and using the best of the old stuff rather than just the dross, like an Amstrad. While some of us are happy toddling along doing bangernomics, we still go "oooh" and "aaah" at a V8 Rover. If I won the lottery jackpot I'd have a Citroën SM as well as a ZX estate...

Fishermen.

Or more precisely the self important pricks who just because they are taking part in a fishing match think it's ok to leave their poles blocking a public footpath on those silly stands so they are about 6" high. They tend ignore you when you ask them to move them so people can walk past to ensure you know they are self important prick. Then to top it all off, when your dog jumps them & makes one rattle the self important prick starts shouting claiming you stamped on his pole.

When I left two stewards were walking down to have a word with him as they don't expect such behaviour & always remind them not to block the footpath. I do hope he enjoyed the rest of his day :)

Im a fisherman. Find it very calming. I keep my bits out of foljs way and dont obstrucct people. Sadly some dog walkers with dogs off lead think its fine to let dog run down bank to my peg and start eating,snoffing,knocking things flying and shiting everywhere. Luckily they are in the minority

I keep mine on the lead when going past people fishing, indeed going past anyone except people/dogs we both know. It's the only sensible plan as she will go snuffle bait bags & jump in the water right in front of them etc if given chance.

The footpath in this case is about 6ft from the canal bank, so absolutely no need to block it with poles. I understand to put them in/out (dunno the term, but it's not casting with a pole right?) is to slide them back n forth so they'd be in the way then, but no need to leave several across the path continuously.

Every normal regular angler down there leaves the path clear, but on match days there are always a few morons who think they are the most important thing in the world. Bit like cyclists who think because they are racing then they can ignore giveway lines etc, if your doing your sport in a public place then the laws of the land override any ego about how important your sport is.

Talbot needs exhaust manifold removing, facing off and snapped off studs drilling out. Attic needs the 7 layers of manky old carpets ripping up and taking to tip then I need to build a new wall and redecorate it. I've got loads of furniture to move and stuff too. T25 has a set of stainless coolant pipes and a new radiator to go on as well.

I can't do any of it because I fell over like a clumsy twat last weekend and I've done something to my ribs and I can't even breathe properly let alone lay on my back under some vans - I've had to get the mrs to help me out of bed and put my socks on for me all week!

I wouldn't feel so bad if I was on the mend, but it doesn't seem to be getting any better! FFS, I've got things to do.

I have used Richer Sounds for electrical equipment.

https://www.richersounds.com/

You have to be careful though.

I bought my first CD player there. A Marantz somethinoreother. £120.

I had wandered in to a HiFi shop around the corner before going there - exact same one - £240!

My daughter and I were on our way to Richer Sounds for some new Mission speakers for her stereo for her birthday.

Wandered in to the same HiFi place, now in different hands and changed name  (Was Hutchinsons, changed to Global HiFi)

Never made it to Richers to spend the sixty quid - came out having parted with £1600 instead - Bargain :(

OK, I did buy a pair of Jamo Concert floorstanders and she came out with a pair of Wharfedale floorstanders the combined cost of which should have been well over £2k :)

Plus another £1600 a week later for a new CD player I just had to have :(

But, a while later took my SIL there and then to Richers to compare stereos.

He didn't buy the Richer ones but got a far better one from the 'expensive' shop for about 2/3 of the Richer price.

Global is gone now and if I need anything I use Lintone in Gateshead, great place.  Just bought said daughter a Rega Planar 2 there at a lower cost than eBay could do it for and a simple and pleasant transaction with nice people.

Easier parking than Richers too :)

Halfords are absolutely fucking useless. Went in for some brake cylinders and they've sent wrong ones. This is what happens when you employ children to work in your shops.

Every time I go in the one near us, the staff are usually about 15, no knowledge whatsoever about what they are talking about. Set of cunts.

Halfords are absolutely fucking useless. Went in for some brake cylinders and they've sent wrong ones. This is what happens when you employ children to work in your shops.

Every time I go in the one near us, the staff are usually about 15, no knowledge whatsoever about what they are talking about. Set of cunts.

Mate just give up with Halfords, they're not a car spares shop anymore and haven't even tried to be for 20 years in any serious way. When I worked there 12 years ago it was a joke even then - they wanted the shelf space from brake disks and fanbelts to sell air fresheners and phone holders (seriously), so they got each store to send the lot back to head office, where they put them in a container to "donate" them to Africa as it was cheaper than paying to dispose of them properly. That's how little of a shit they give about car spares!

You can't take it out on the staff, they're minimum wage and not trained in any way at all - literally "here's your tshirt and badge, crack on" - They're pushed like fuck to sell wiper blades fits and bike lights etc, otherwise they get bollocked. 

Car parts are just a throwback to the old days and they haven't got the bollocks to man up and officially stop bothering

The reason you got the wrong bits is that child just put your car details in the computer and it sent the order to Euro Car Parts where another child picked them (probably wrong) and sent them to Halfords on the van the next day. In future, just go straight to ECP if you want the wrong parts, it's quicker and cheaper.

Fishermen.

Or more precisely the self important pricks who just because they are taking part in a fishing match think it's ok to leave their poles blocking a public footpath on those silly stands so they are about 6" high. They tend ignore you when you ask them to move them so people can walk past to ensure you know they are self important prick. Then to top it all off, when your dog jumps them & makes one rattle the self important prick starts shouting claiming you stamped on his pole.

When I left two stewards were walking down to have a word with him as they don't expect such behaviour & always remind them not to block the footpath. I do hope he enjoyed the rest of his day :)

I used to encounter these pricks a lot when cycling on towpaths. They would act like I was in the wrong for daring to cycle there.

They don't like it when you throw a large stone in the water then cycle off sharpish