The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Tax bill paid today, no quibble with having to pay it, but all at once still makes you want to curl up into the foetal position and sob like a big girl for a while.....

A bit like reversing into a handrail and breaking the tail lights on a car you have only just bought I imagine?

Ask me how I know.

The two Princess screens - one front, one rear - that I salvaged from that orange car I broke have vanished.  I don't mean they've been stolen or I've misplaced them, they've disappeared.  They're practically unobtanium, hence why I saved them, and moved them with me when I moved house, and put them in a place where it was incredibly unlikely harm would come to them.

I am just a teensy bit narked about this.

Did you clean them very very clean so they're now invisible.

Say a prayer to Saint Anthony and they'll turn up, Catholic superpower FTW.

In future, get your eyes tested for free at Specsavers or pay £15 or something, then get your glasses off tinternet. If you're anything like me you'll break your first pair of glasses within a month - I started wearing them a couple of years ago at age 29. Trod on two pairs of glasses within two months.

I saw a pair of Ray Bans, which are £160 in the usual places - I got them for £85 online, including all that fancy anti glare coating on the lenses, plus a free second pair as well

Gruff the dog, my little running buddy has been put on the injury bench by the vet :( and my ankle is killing me.

Marathon training problems!

Hoping the dog isn't injured :( She (the vet) is resting him to see if a twitching that has developed calms down, she thinks he might have a sore back. Next plan after resting from running is to get him stoned for 2 weeks to rule out a behavioural issue. Next suggestion was seizures as terriers can get epilepsy... Really hope it not that!

Seller lied about the condition of the bumper he was selling.

'No cracks or scratches' my arse. Deliberately angled photos; I think it'll go back for a refund.

It can't go on the car like it is without a lot of work. Kind of the whole point of buying a s/h bumper the same colour as the car.

Getting second hand parts for this car is a fucking joke.

In future, get your eyes tested for free at Specsavers or pay £15 or something, then get your glasses off tinternet. If you're anything like me you'll break your first pair of glasses within a month - I started wearing them a couple of years ago at age 29. Trod on two pairs of glasses within two months.

I saw a pair of Ray Bans, which are £160 in the usual places - I got them for £85 online, including all that fancy anti glare coating on the lenses, plus a free second pair as well

Aye - internet glasses for the win. I use spex4less. I found a pair that dont look too terrible on me and are only 25quid so I buy a few pairs at a time as inevitably fuck them up with grinder sparks or fall asleep with them on and bend them to fuck etc etc.

Also, drivers in Bradford - you can go quickly round roundabouts, too.

That's how the fat spazz in the knackered Peugeot keeps getting past you.

Also, it ran out of fuel near Ferrybridge Services and I fell over trying to push it up the sliproad. FUN.

Gout.

Everyone thinks it is funny. It isn't.

It friggin' knacks, and I have had it since October and it isn't responding to treatment. I can at least drive an auto, but I've got a perfectly lovely ZX that I want to drive because I like it and I can't because it hurts.

Taken all the NSAIDs going, had two injections  of steroids into the ankle and tried all the mumbo jumbo ju-ju treatments known to everyone who once knew somebody who said it worked for them.

Very grumpy.

Gout.

Everyone thinks it is funny. It isn't.

It friggin' knacks, and I have had it since October and it isn't responding to treatment. I can at least drive an auto, but I've got a perfectly lovely ZX that I want to drive because I like it and I can't because it hurts.

Taken all the NSAIDs going, had two injections  of steroids into the ankle and tried all the mumbo jumbo ju-ju treatments known to everyone who once knew somebody who said it worked for them.

Very grumpy.

I had an attack of Gout on Wednesday and played golf no problem today. The secret, Colchicine. Highly toxic, will give you the rampant shits but the pain was gone in about 4 hours, was walking normally 12 hours later and now completely recovered.

Gout is one of the most painful conditions I've ever had. At its worst, it was too painful to have a bed sheet resting on my foot. Heart goes out to you mate.

I'm in a grump for one of the following reasons:

1. I've been conned by an Optician into buying glasses

Or

2. I need to wear glasses.

Either way I'm £155 out of pocket - they certainly saw me coming!

I got my eyes tested at tesco for free, they give you your prescription and you can go wherever you like then £100 for 2 pairs of designer glasses didn't seem bad at all to me

I got my eyes tested at tesco for free, they give you your prescription and you can go wherever you like then £100 for 2 pairs of designer glasses didn't seem bad at all to me

I've had 2 pairs of designers glasses, with anti glare lenses, one pair are sunglasses and the eye test for £155, so although I'm sure the price could be cheaper, for my first pairs I was glad to choose in a shop and try on rather than guess online. The first style I thought I'd like just looked wrong on my face.

The reason I feel robbed is my prescription says I'm longsighted but by 0.25, looking on line that the smallest value you can get,hardly seems worth it, up to 3.0 is considered mild. Both eyes have slight astigmatisms but still only 0.75 and 0.5,I think this should be the biggest benefit,but we'll see.

Drivers who don't know what speed they are doing.

If I've overtaken you FOUR times on the same damn motorway & I've got cruise control on, then you sirs (several of them) are muppets who aren't paying attention to driving.

Had this a lot when I had the MG GS. And I'm not just talking very slight changes. I'm talking folk dropping to 55, then accelerating past at 90 moments later, before inevitably going back to a crawl. SOD OFF! Even without cruise, it isn't that hard to keep a consistent speed up. I've managed most of my sodding life without cruise!

Of course, people probably get fed up with 2CVs screaming past, then slowing down as they hit the slightest hill. Or a headwind. Or the bow wave from a truck. Or a leaf...

Exactly that!

I'd get passed by them doing about 90 & then 10miles later they'll be following a truck in Lane 1, a few miles later they scream past - repeat until bored.

I was stupid enough to have a goona, but I didn't pay for the experience. Why would I spent eleventy billion pounds on a VW camper to get the same effect?

Just buy a VW camper van, I have never driven on as many empty roads as when we had ours, there was never a car in front it seemed (just don't look in the mirrors).

Hey, speak for yourself! My T25 goes like a bastard. A bastard that does 0-60 in 12.5 seconds which is wank really but not bad for something you can sleep in.

Also, drivers in Bradford - you can go quickly round roundabouts, too.

That's how the fat spazz in the knackered Peugeot keeps getting past you.

Also, it ran out of fuel near Ferrybridge Services and I fell over trying to push it up the sliproad. FUN.

Do people not understand how gearboxes work? In the Rover 214 I'm forever being held up by people who crawl around the roundabout then accerale at a snail's pace until they get to 55mph. Just drop a gear.

And don't get me started on people who need a gap big enough to get a Convoi Exceptional through to enter the roundabout.