The grumpy thread

outlaw118

/\

Not to bad that, chief.

I'm not complaining too much as I've done well this last couple of days offloading cycles, but here you go:

'What size is it?'

It says on the advert

'Is it definitely a 52?'

Yes.

'It's too small'

Ok, not to worry cheers anyhow

'I'm still interested in it'

(silence from me)

'Would you take £40?'

No, it says no offers

'But it's too small for me'

Ok, no worries there's loads of second hand bikes out there, something will turn up if you keep looking'

'Can you knock me £10 off because it's too small for me?'

(Ignored)

????

????

*I've sold it now, but I'm not telling them that until they offer me the full amount.

That logic is absolutely spectacular. Which shallow gene puddle did they crawl out of?

So as I still haven't found a pumkin replacement I decided to have a look on the tree of gums, yes yes I know its supposedly full of time wasters.

This pops up saying listed a few minutes ago,

post-3747-0-32169900-1484412354_thumb.png

I try to call twice and no answer no voicemail to leave a message either,

I text to say I tried to call and would like to buy the car,

An hour or so later a text with the word sold,

Not much of a grump but if gumtree was indeed as bad as we keep hearing I would have had a new motor today.

Focus is on ebay for second time.

An hour from end of auction the halibut that is top bidder tells me he no longer wants item.

If it falls through again JF car spares in Widnes can have it and I will close my ebay account.

Walked on to a local-ish forecourt yesterday to look at a couple of non-shite 4x4s for Mrs T. Nice looking Volvo that I was interested in.

Went up to the counter in the office. Notice sign about £95 admin fee on all sales. Heart sinks. 

'I'm interested in the Volvo outside - can I take a look?'

'Did you call earlier?'

'Er, no, sorry'

Queue a nice bit of theatre between *3* sales reps all circling and telling me how many calls they've already had about it...

'OK, no bother, we'll give it a miss then. Sounds like it's as good as sold.' I walk away.

'Oh no, no, I'll get the keys' etc. etc.

Couldn't tell me anything about this particular car, the model, no offer to go and get the history, test drive.

Walked away anyway. Is it really easier to add on admin fees and deliver patter, than simply do a straight deal?

You did the right thing. The moment starts applying the pressure and all that 'someone else is interested' stuff is the exact moment to tell them to let them buy it and walk away as you said.

/\

Not to bad that, chief.

I'm not complaining too much as I've done well this last couple of days offloading cycles, but here you go:

'What size is it?'

It says on the advert

'Is it definitely a 52?'

Yes.

'It's too small'

Ok, not to worry cheers anyhow

'I'm still interested in it'

(silence from me)

'Would you take £40?'

No, it says no offers

'But it's too small for me'

Ok, no worries there's loads of second hand bikes out there, something will turn up if you keep looking'

'Can you knock me £10 off because it's too small for me?'

(Ignored)

????

????

*I've sold it now, but I'm not telling them that until they offer me the full amount.

You should open a bike shop called Menstrual Cycles.

"I'm miserable 'cos I'm on me period mate. Do you wanna buy this, or are you gonna get the fuck out of the road?"

Todays grump is booking tickets to see Robbie Williams in June for my better half to drag me to. Grump 1 is it's Robbie, grump 2 it's in Manchester and the biggest grump of all is the 175 fucking quid for 2 tickets right up in the top of the stands. When did gig's get so expensive ? Last time I went to a big gig was probably Guns and Roses at Milton Keynes, a whole days worth of entertainment for 25 quid as there were about 4 support acts. It has won me a shed load of brownie points though. Finally would it be a really stupid idea to take the Porsche and parking at the Etihad stadium, I can't really find any info about parking in the area.

That area of AOR is pretty gentrifed now, I wouldn't feel too bad taking a Boxster.

I'd take anything Man United out of it (if you have anything like that in there, of course).

Another solution would be to park out of town in somewhere secure and take the Metrolink in - it goes right in to the Ethiad now.

Went to the Etihad to see Springsteen last year and if that's gentrified , I'd hate to see what it was like before!

Was going to park in the big Asda next door, spoke to some coppers who were stocking up on doughnuts, they laughed and said " You can leave it her it won't get a ticket or get locked in, but don't expect it have any wheels when you come out!"

They pointed us towards a school right opposite the main entrance. There's an entrance next to a scruffy chip shop, where the school has made a gate in the back fence and a temporary roadway into the playground. £10 fully secure and literally 50 yds to main entrance. The only downside was that the road in front of the stadium is kept closed for 30 mins to let the crowds disperse.

FUXAKE

I'm at work on a sunday afternoon, trying to get a reluctant transit connect to start. It got an engine changed last week, everything is done except bleeding fuel through which is a pita at the best of times because ford - common rail, no lift pump, no hand primer.

Fill the filter up with diesel and crank it, it starts eventually and runs for about a minute then stops. Filter is empty again. Refill filter, same deal. Go to garage, buy more diesel, put a couple of gallons in the tank just in case it ran out - same. Remove from 2 post in case funny angle is preventing it pulling fuel - same. (please note that each step requires the filter removed and filled by hand using a tiny funnel. I'm 100% sick of it now and also covered in bloody diesel.)

Luckily the battery has gone flat, so I can go home. FUCKING TRANSITS :(

I bet it comes back next week for a starter motor.

Todays grump is booking tickets to see Robbie Williams in June for my better half to drag me to. Grump 1 is it's Robbie, grump 2 it's in Manchester and the biggest grump of all is the 175 fucking quid for 2 tickets right up in the top of the stands. When did gig's get so expensive ? Last time I went to a big gig was probably Guns and Roses at Milton Keynes, a whole days worth of entertainment for 25 quid as there were about 4 support acts. It has won me a shed load of brownie points though. Finally would it be a really stupid idea to take the Porsche and parking at the Etihad stadium, I can't really find any info about parking in the area.

Parking near the EmptyHead is usually one of those industrial estate jobs, about £8 on match days. It's carnage coming out by the way, so leave handy or be patient. The ones we've used are manned to start off with, I'd imagine they disappear at the end so park at your own risk. Not altogether sure I'd take a Porsche there I have to say.

The other option I suppose is multi-story parking in town then cab or something, but it'll be a pain.

I am going to see Black Sabbath next week in Manchester - farewell tour, presumably because Ozzy is fucked.

The ticket cost £86. Robbing bastards..

You should open a bike shop called Menstrual Cycles.

"I'm miserable 'cos I'm on me period mate. Do you wanna buy this, or are you gonna get the fuck out of the road?"

That's a pretty good name. Guess what size the bloke was who used to run Phat Phuckers Motorcycles.....apparently the council objected to the original business name

its all council and will be permit parking same as round here (i live within sight of man u)

anything event is claseed as football on so ferked

you have pm

its all council and will be permit parking same as round here (i live within sight of man u)

anything event is claseed as football on so ferked

you have pm

Thanks for all the advice chaps, I think I will look into the public transport options. We are looking at hotels out of town to stop for the night so worth finding something near the transport links. No pm recieved yet though Hairnet

Went to the Etihad to see Springsteen last year and if that's gentrified , I'd hate to see what it was like before!

This. I don't like parking the BX at the Etihad. I go there regularly, and it's Scrote Central.

As alcyonecorporation says, best to park somewhere secure in town (or get the train?) and take the Metrolink right to the door.

Parking near the EmptyHead is usually one of those industrial estate jobs, about £8 on match days. It's carnage coming out by the way, so leave handy or be patient. The ones we've used are manned to start off with, I'd imagine they disappear at the end so park at your own risk. Not altogether sure I'd take a Porsche there I have to say.

The other option I suppose is multi-story parking in town then cab or something, but it'll be a pain.

clayton and beswick not the nicest part of town

bring summat you dont mind if summat happens to

All modernz etc

How tricky do you think it would be to change the front sidelight bulb on my Disco?

1. Remove grill
2. Release sliders and remove entire headlamp
3. Remove 5 set screws retaining plastic bracket 
4. Remove bung and finally get to tiny 4watt bulb

5. Put it all back together
6. Discard broken off brittle plastic bits

Bastards

Actually possibly the biggest surprise was the entire process being detailed in the handbook alongside the procedure for changing the HID burners - which actually takes less time as you don't need to remove the bracket.  I expected it to say "get your dealer/butler to do this". 

I am going to see Black Sabbath next week in Manchester - farewell tour, presumably because Ozzy is fucked.

The ticket cost £86. Robbing bastards..

My missus, my son and his girlfriend off to see that Bruno Mars fella. £615 for three tickets. SIX HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN QUID.

(They tried at 9.00am (or whatever it was) to get tickets, they sold out so those robbing bastards Ticket Master had them on a partner site. Obvs. I'm absolutely certain they have nothing to do with that site that other people sell their tickets on. Nothing at all. 

Edit: Just to put that into perspective, I got a 2005 Tigra, a 2004 Fiesta, a 2008 Fiesta, a 2006 Fiesta and a 2006 Scenic diesel for about the same cost. And if the engine exploded on anyone of them, it'd make a better noise than that tit.

When people stopped paying for recorded music, is the blunt answer to that.

Exactly - in t'stone age when I were a lad, gigs were break even or a loss leader to sell the album they'd just released - now it's the reverse.  Also the theory with "legacy" acts is fans will have the cash now and want to see them before they (the fans or the band) croak.

There are quite a few bands from my youth I wouldn't mind seeing - eg Fleetwood Mac, but I'm fucked if I'm paying the prices - prefer to see new bands I've never heard of with my Nieces

Exactly - in t'stone age when I were a lad, gigs were break even or a loss leader to sell the album they'd just released - now it's the reverse.  Also the theory with "legacy" acts is fans will have the cash now and want to see them before they (the fans or the band) croak.

There are quite a few bands from my youth I wouldn't mind seeing - eg Fleetwood Mac, but I'm fucked if I'm paying the prices - prefer to see new bands I've never heard of with my Nieces

For a cheap weekend, with camping try this. Not big names but good music and unbeatable atmosphere.

http://bulldogbash.co.uk/