The grumpy thread

outlaw118

The postage charge was clearly stated up front. When you bought the item you agreed to the charge.

Too late to whinge now.

Not sure why you are bothering to advertise your gullibility on here!

Ben

Ebay have refunded me the full amount! Got on the phone and they accepted my documentation.

Seller shouldn't have dipped me then, should he? Had he actually paid $145, I'd have accepted it (because I did accept it, well observed, I wanted the items and was prepared to pay for them).

But (and here's the really crucial part) he didn't pay [the equivalent of] £118! He paid £71.80! He tried to scalp me and couldn't provide a single fucking shred of evidence explaining why.

Had he fessed up and refunded the difference, it would have been fine. I'd have accepted £15-20 for (decent) packing materials, because I'm reasonable. But not £47 different; would you, o sage? Really? If a package arrived and there was £47 between what you paid and what was declared, you'd take that? Gullible? You would be, yeah.

He can have back what I paid for the mats and what he *snigger* actually paid to post my item! I'll even give him £10 for the bubble wrap and tape, you know, because I'm not a swindling arsehole.

Struggling to see what's 'gullible' about that to be honest, HarBen.

Jon

Sounds fair, I think if you were being a bastard you could pocket the lot (what can he do from that distance, realistically?) but that reads like you're paying him the purchase price plus 9000 yen, right? Then you're spot on, can't fault you, and he can only grumble that he's not got away with his little wheeze.

Sounds fair, I think if you were being a bastard you could pocket the lot (what can he do from that distance, realistically?) but that reads like you're paying him the purchase price plus 9000 yen, right? Then you're spot on, can't fault you, and he can only grumble that he's not got away with his little wheeze.

Depends.

If he refunds me the money of his own volition and apologises, he can have the money back minus the difference in postage costs.

I do so hope pound sterling rises against the dollar in the next week.

If he refuses and claims he's been done, I might just keep all of it; eBay decided in my favour.

I can be reasonable if treated with respect. The fact he's taken a flying dump over this little arrangement so far means he's got a long way to go.

His choice. The money's been frozen. He can have what he's actually owed or he can have none of it for the sake of trying it on.

I genuinely think he guesstimated the amount and then hoped I wouldn't notice.

If I keep all the money on principle the system gets abused and I'm no better than he is - and the world's full of bitter little shits desperate for one upmanship.

Neutral feedback y0. I shouldn't have had to go through eBay to sort this.

Right, so I'm supposed to know the specific weight of floor mats by looking at a photograph? I trusted the seller not to royally take the piss with the postage costs.

He royally took the piss with the postage costs.

The seller guessed how much they were to post and didn't bother to offer me the difference back. I've overcharged people in the past and refunded them the difference - mostly because I'm human and humans get it wrong. Had he admitted this and refunded me the difference, I'd have accepted his apology and moved on.

The seller broke the contract by overcharging me and making me (in effect) pay for his listing fees, something he openly admitted. He needs to read eBay's terms and conditions, not me.

Whinger here is prepared to pay what it actually cost (ROFL) to send plus a bit of P&P, because.......well, why the fuck not?

I think my offer of paying him what it actually stood him to post and the actual value agreed for the item is more than fair.

I might not refund him anything if his attitude's the same as yours.

We're not going to agree on this, so let's just sack it off before the self righteousness descends.

Right, so I'm supposed to know the specific weight of floor mats by looking at a photograph?

The seller guessed how much they were to post and didn't bother to offer me the difference back. I've overcharged people in the past and refunded them the difference.

The seller broke his end of the contract by overcharging me and making me pay for his listing fees.

How's that fair?

Hilariously, I'm prepared to pay what it actually cost (ROFL) to send. If that makes me a whinger, er......righto.

I didn't realise I was in the presence of the perfect citizen, yo.

I might not refund him anything if his attitude's the same as yours.

Prick? Well, he started it.....

Ebay.....

They probably feel the same way!

At least they aren't electricians though, eh?

I don't get it?

It's annoying to wait around for someone and have them not show up isn't it? To most people? I'd have thought?

When I was working we'd get a bollocking and lose points towards that months bonus if we missed a 4hr window. Including if we went to an "afternoon" job at 5 to 12. Maybe it's skewed my expectations but Monday isn't Tuesday in my book.

I'm happy to accept a job has over run but might they have most likely envisaged that this one might need to start late on Friday? I dunno.

Communication often solves grumps.

ETA: I'm still optimistic about this firm and about the job: so far they have been helpful and very organised/professional about the planning. This was just a minor blip. It was just irritating because I hadn't been organised and got up super early to finish emptying and cleaning they rooms the are going to be working on and ran round checking the yard for dog mess, moving bins and trying to do all the jobs that might have meant me getting in their way, before 8o'clock. I guess I'm just not a morning person!

Update for the uninterested:

The builders were early. I was fresh out of the shower and I'm pretty sure at least one of them saw too much. I'm embarrassed and in hiding.

So, for anyone who may or may not be cross, for reasons I still don't understand, that I made a grumpy comment on the grumpy thread about the builders... Karma got me. I hope that goes some way towards making you feel better about my situation.

Update for the uninterested:

The builders were early. I was fresh out of the shower and I'm pretty sure at least one of them saw too much. I'm embarrassed and in hiding.

So, for anyone who may or may not be cross, for reasons I still don't understand, that I made a grumpy comment on the grumpy thread about the builders... Karma got me. I hope that goes some way towards making you feel better about my situation.

I think you've pretty much guaranteed that those builders will turn up early every day with your , accidental*, fresh out of the shower ruse. Well played.

I can't stand them at our local tip. There's nails and shit all over the floor, instead of sweeping up and concentrating on doing their job properly, they are too busy trying to find stuff to sell on out of the boot of your car. I'd be fine with this if they did a half decent job of keeping the place tidy. Cretins

Where on earth do they charge £3 to drop a rubble sack off??? I'd do everything in my power to hide it in stuff to outwit them.

I don't know if I am being paranoid but I fear the levels of "taking myself seriously" in my posts has been misconstrued...

I didn't have this place down as a somewhere asterisks and smiley faces were necessarily required to highlight the subtleties of lightheartedness. But maybe, seeing as I'm struggling right now.... ;-)  :blink: 

So, just in case, sorry if I have upset, offended or annoyed.

First rule of the internet, if you haven't offended anyone - try harder.

I've managed it effortlessly with a range of things from my avatar all the way through to my wife's headlights. (Stop that sniggering down the back there)

There's an old adage that goes, 'People who actively seek offence, seldom fail to find it.'

I managed to lose control of the MG this morning,ending up about 30 feet down an embankment amongst a load of trees which I somehow missed.The 1st recovery truck wasn't big enough,so they had to call another one which pulled it back up the slope.The damage doesn't look as bad as I was expecting,front bumper is wrecked but nothing behind it looks too bad.

I'm sitting at home now feeling slightly shaky & looking forward to dealing with insurance companies  :-(