The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Taking anything to the tip is a military exercise now, everything must be sorted by its base element and they have sentry guards on the 'general waste' section, waiting to be smug cunts about it if any small unauthorised quantitiy of recyclable matter is attempted to be dumped there.

And they charge you for any sort of building waste at about £3 per bag, so they've just taken the last of it smuggled into the general rubbish bin this morning

Order stupid JDM mats. 

Seller ships them.......minimally and declares how much he paid to post them. 

He's overcharged me by nearly £50. Sent him a polite email asking for the difference back - otherwise I'm getting eBay involved and he's being negged back to the stone age. 

Update: according to matey-san eBay charged him the £47 difference to pack and ship it. 

Fuck off, sunshine. Do you think I was born yesterday? You posted it, with your signature, from your local post office in Saitama. Let's not muck about, eh? 

You thought because you had a rare item you could gouge the postage to make yourself a few quid; you had a good go and it didn't work. 

The more you fight me, the more this will hurt your pocket. 

And the joys of Alfa ownership continues with battery faliure for no reason whatsoever mid way through the day. Now the radio wants a code which I obviously haven't got. Nor have I got the serial number sticker which someone has thoughtfully removed.

This thing is going to get bridged. It's pushing me too far.

Taking anything to the tip is a military exercise now, everything must be sorted by its base element and they have sentry guards on the 'general waste' section, waiting to be smug cunts about it if any small unauthorised quantitiy of recyclable matter is attempted to be dumped there.

And they charge you for any sort of building waste at about £3 per bag, so they've just taken the last of it smuggled into the general rubbish bin this morning

And don't you fucking dare try to take a panel van without booking it in - even if it's a Kangoo so smaller than a decent 7 seater.

And the joys of Alfa ownership continues with battery faliure for no reason whatsoever mid way through the day. Now the radio wants a code which I obviously haven't got. Nor have I got the serial number sticker which someone has thoughtfully removed.

This thing is going to get bridged. It's pushing me too far.

Since when the b0llolograms have you had an Alfa, kid? 

Update: according to matey-san eBay charged him the £47 difference to pack and ship it. 

Fuck off, sunshine. Do you think I was born yesterday? You posted it, with your signature, from your local post office in Saitama. Let's not muck about, eh? 

You thought because you had a rare item you could gouge the postage to make yourself a few quid; you had a good go and it didn't work. 

The more you fight me, the more this will hurt your pocket. 

Update #2: "I haven't overcharged you, eBay took the difference in handling fees [even though I didn't send it through eBay]. Ask them how much they charged me."

How about you prove it with screen caps instead?

The normal bullshit with eBay again. "Send them back for a full refund [or fuck all else]."

How about no? 

Update #2: "I haven't overcharged you, eBay took the difference in handling fees [even though I didn't send it through eBay]. Ask them how much they charged me."

How about you prove it with screen caps instead?

The normal bullshit with eBay again. "Send them back for a full refund [or fuck all else]."

How about no? 

Oh no, sorry - matey reckons the difference is in final value fees. 

I ain't seeing much proof.

And you're adding these to your postal costs - why? 

Am I likely to get the difference out of this tit or should I just neg him and move on? 

How much were the original postage fees if the actual postage worked out £50 less!

Postage as stated on the docket was 9000 yen (xe.com reckons this is £70.75 or thereabouts)

He took $145 off me (or £118.88) for shipping.

I reckon he guesstimated and gave me a random figure to make sure it was covered. 

So far he's claimed:

1. Ebay's shipping service took the difference off him (don't care, that isn't my problem, he didn't state this as a term of sale)

2. Ebay's handling fees took the difference off him (don't care, that isn't my problem, he didn't state this as a term of sale) 

3. Ebay's final value fees took the difference off him (why are you passing them on to the customer?!) 

Also, he stated that I paid $125 for the mats on a BIN (I didn't, I paid $90) and that I should be the one ringing up eBay to confirm how much he hasn't overcharged me by. Why? 

Shouldn't he be able to prove all this with screen caps? So far he's refused. 

I have all the documentation and can easily provide:

1. The final sale amount

2. The price he paid to ship the mats (plus another form with his signature on it)

3. Screencaps from Paypal showing the amount I paid him to post the mats ($145)

He either thinks I'm exceptionally stupid, or bubble wrap and tape is horrifically dear in the land of the Rising Sun. 

At the very least he's getting one star DSRs unless he gets this resolved. 

dont you agree to pay whatevr it says

so i if sell spark plugs £1 + £10 p&p thats up to you to accept or go elsewhere?   

decent sellers would refund an overcharge but i dont think you can do anything other than shite feedback

If the postage declaration had matched what he'd charged me on eBay, yes, I would have agreed. 

Do you not think a near £50 difference is a bit fishy? 

He's hiding behind the 'send it back or fuck off' terms of eBay's return policy. 

If the postage declaration had matched what he'd charged me on eBay, yes, I would have agreed. 

Do you not think a near £50 difference is a bit fishy? 

He's hiding behind the 'send it back or fuck off' terms of eBay's return policy. 

yeah it stinks ....but its up to you to argue before buying or go with another honest seller

dont think you will get anywhere  

£120 postage?! Was he flying them here on a solid gold Concorde?

Is it one of those sales where the majority of the item cost is added to postage, which they used to do to try and get around fees but I don't think works anymore because eBay charge you fees on it anyway...

He's added seller fees and handling charges on to the cost of postage, or at least that's what I can discern.

Gonna argue the toss with eBay but I doubt I'll get anything out of the robbing little shit.