The grumpy thread

outlaw118

AND IN TODAY'S EPISODE OF BUM GRAVY: PEEBO - 

OhFWqar.jpg

605 failed its MoT on some pretty serious structural corrosion. 
Any shiters want to take it on as a project? 114k, sweet 2.1 XUD engine, very good interior, working tow bar electrics. £300 and a trailer takes it away from Peterborough. The engine has to be worth £200 alone. 

Proper ad to follow. And no, I'm not breaking it. I don't have the space. 

The vectra has shit itself. It took nine bastard days.

On motorway, spanner light illuminated - loss of power. Car is still capable of the legal limit, but takes ages to get there. Going in to be looked tomorrow - not hopeful.

I think my second stint of vectra ownership is going to be very short.

On motorway, spanner light illuminated - loss of power. Car is still capable of the legal limit, but takes ages to get there. Going in to be looked tomorrow - not hopeful.

Have you sold the Focus yet?!

Regardless of the sentiment expressed by Trigger or the screenshots quoted, it is political. Denying that is being extremely charitable. Besides, if it is a valid grump, then why was it posted originally in the grin section?

Tl;Dr : More Ranchos and less Friendface.

Your opinion - for that is what it can only be - is duly noted.  As is Trigger's.  And that of Dai Wobbler.  And, indeed, of any other shiter who cares to comment in an open and respectful way.

AS is a broad church, and it should stay that way.

Moving on...  :)

Have you sold the Focus yet?!

The new owner collects the focus tonight. Assuming he picks it up I will divulge what it went for.

Oddly, the warning light has now gone out on the vectra and normal service has resumed - these kind of faults can be a PITA.

Had a couple of hours off today so had a poke around the baby Austin hopefully the bit of tin with underseal on the bottom and black tape on the top on the drivers side floor is a *period repair and not a recent addition. .. I haven't seen a repair like this since I scrapped my old alfasud in the 80s

post-18157-0-60232800-1476896355_thumb.jpg

Some dickhead is parking a massive caravan on the main road around our estate, it's been there a week and is completely unlit at night and to make it just perfect, on a sharp bend opposite the shop just where the kids cross.

http://democracy.tamworth.gov.uk/documents/s4496/Parking%20Toolkit%20FINAL%20NOV12.pdf

Also...

Section 22 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 makes it an offence for the person in charge to leave a vehicle or trailer on a road in such a position or condition as to cause a danger to other road users.  

Section 22A of the Road Traffic Act 1988 creates the offence of intentionally taking some action (e.g. putting an obstruction in the road, tampering with traffic lights, deflating tyres) which causes the potential for danger to someone on or near a road. 

Regulation 103 of the Road Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations 1986 creates the offence of unnecessary obstruction. No person in charge of a motor vehicle or trailer shall cause or permit the vehicle to stand on a road so as to cause any unnecessary obstruction of the road.

Section 137 of the Highways Act 1980 (as amended by sections 38 and 46 of the Criminal Justice Act 1982 and the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984, Schedule 7) provides an offence of wilful obstruction of the highway. An offence is committed if a person, without lawful authority or excuse, in any way willfully obstructs the free passage along a highway.

The M27 !!!!! WTF Is wrong with some of the drivers on this road. I had the pleasure of going to Hayling Island today and whilst happily bombing along in lane 3 at about 75 and the stupid twat in one of those silly double cab pick ups decides he wants to pull in to lane 3 for no reason. I found out that you can lock the brakes on a 2012 Toyota Auris even with all the modern toys. I was surprised how well it handled it to be honest but would rather not have to do that again. The idiot just gave me a wave as he moved back over. It does seem that this is fairly normal practice on the M27 though I will try to avoid it in future.

Pissed off with local post office. Have filled in an online complaint form to lower my blood pressure but Still annoyed about it all. My only real power is to go to sunninghill po instead - nice people I've seen since 2001.

Being sworn at is not something you really need. My fault for going in my cycling clobber apparently.

Ho hum, this 2015 Rioja smells nice anyway!

The M27 !!!!! WTF Is wrong with some of the drivers on this road. I had the pleasure of going to Hayling Island today and whilst happily bombing along in lane 3 at about 75 and the stupid twat in one of those silly double cab pick ups decides he wants to pull in to lane 3 for no reason. I found out that you can lock the brakes on a 2012 Toyota Auris even with all the modern toys. I was surprised how well it handled it to be honest but would rather not have to do that again. The idiot just gave me a wave as he moved back over. It does seem that this is fairly normal practice on the M27 though I will try to avoid it in future.

Those double cab things are rapidly becoming the idiots to avoid at all costs. Bmws seem predictable ( if not sensible) in comparison.

Pissed off with local post office. Have filled in an online complaint form to lower my blood pressure but Still annoyed about it all. My only real power is to go to sunninghill po instead - nice people I've seen since 2001.

Being sworn at is not something you really need. My fault for going in my cycling clobber apparently.

Consider yourself lucky. Our local post office closed two years ago and now the nearest, the Crown PO 12 miles away in town, is being closed down with a new one being crammed into WH Smiths. RUBBISH.

I had a problem with my local post office and filled in the online complaint form and did get a nice reply. Apologising for their staff and said that they would be sending the staff on a customer service course for re-training. I don't know if it has worked or not as I never went back to that post office. Hopefully the post office will take your complaint seriously and bring back some proper customer service that seems to be seriously lacking now days

Consider yourself lucky. Our local post office closed two years ago and now the nearest, the Crown PO 12 miles away in town, is being closed down with a new one being crammed into WH Smiths. RUBBISH.

I agree. And always use the locals for work - only a few hundred quid a month but still.

Perhaps I shouldn't have laughed at the swine. Live and learn!

My parents local one seemed to be on the diddle too in the past- short changed my 90 yr old grandmother of£20. She may have been old, but by god she knew how much she was due. Was also rather heavy on the scales when my dad was sending packages that had been weighed already.

Mind you they also wrote Citreon on a tax disc, so perhaps this clouds my judgment!

Some dickhead is parking a massive caravan on the main road around our estate, it's been there a week and is completely unlit at night and to make it just perfect, on a sharp bend opposite the shop just where the kids cross.

My neighbour had a t25 camper he used to park on the bend of the road we lived in. It was a busy main road and caused an obstruction.

One night there was a massive crash and a low loader carrying a jcb had to swerve to avoid the badly parked van. This loosened the jcb which broadsided the van almost crumpling it in half.

Felt very smug that day.

My Signum did something like this shortly after I bought it. Cleaned the EGR valve out and replaced a split vacuum pipe or two and it has never done it since. Assumes diesel of course.

My walk to work was made harder by this inconsiderate parking:

c9892ee5fb082aba08eb28256d8408c0.jpg

It's an Amazon driver, stopped blocking pavement, right on a t junction, yellow lines, facing oncoming traffic and right beside a no parking sign.

Was going to tweet at Amazon but having noticed recently another driver being filmed going the wrong way around a roundabout who was the sacked I figured it wasn't that bad. Difficult to complain without Amazon taking that type of action.

Oh and other grump is Heathrow. Many years ago ( 1997-2001) I lived in colnbrook. The flat was in a place called "the lawns " as it was in the garden of the house of cox's Apple fame. Whenever Concorde went over you had

to ask callers on the phone to wait a few seconds! I was treasurer for the church and helped resurrect the old vicarage garden as a quiet haven ( just 100m from the spearmint rhino club on the a4 - where top gear was heading in their Italian car special. but hey ho).

Anyway, I still have contacts there and they say the indecision is causing real pain. It's been going on for nearly twenty years now. The locals don't know whether to move now at a low price or wait for compulsory purchase orders- most of the historic village will be bulldozed ( third oldest pub in the U.K.).

Online shops - here is a top fucking tip. If you dont have something in stock, dont say its in stock on your website. Dont take my money, confirm my order then email me a day later telling me its no longer available. Dont try to fob me off with a credit note instead of a refund.

Not once, but twice - two different places in the same day pulling the same shit.

And while Im on a roll.....Over here there are a fews equivalents to eurocarparts and that type of online parts suppliers.

Increasingly I find they are using shady business practice. Enter the car details, and it comes up with a selection of parts by different manufacturers at different prices....fine. Except if I take one part number and wang it into an online part number cross reference site and use the alternative part numbers back on the original website it comes up with the other manufacturers parts in stock and quite often they are cheaper.

Perhaps their database doesnt cross reference very well? or a cynical person might think they are deliberately not showing the cheapest options.

Then there is the old favourite of taking an order then being temporarily* out of stock, but hey we have this equivalent at only a 30% higher price....

Robbing twats.