The grumpy thread

outlaw118

For the past couple of weeks, I've had some almighty mouth ulcers. 1 wasn't too bad, but the second came up right above a canine and so it rubbed.... A lot. It started, gradually, to go down, but it's still there, which just tells you how big it is, but another one then appeared above that one, and almost simultaneously one next to that heading to the front too. To add insult to injury, a 5th one has opened up on that tendon bit that goes from your top lip to your gum.... it's literally eye watering, and if I catch it with my tongue it simulates a tickly nose which makes me sneeze a LOT, grrr

Missus has a strange viral thing going on too with her ears. Docs couldn't offer much help though, so we're both a bit meh atm

I get ulcers pretty quickly when I get run down but the worst batch I had was when I had glandular fever . I must have had dozens of them .

I had been poorly for months but I was the only MOT tester where I worked and didnt want to let anyone down . I ended up on a drip in AnE with badly compromised liver ( good on kernowdoc who said keep taking the paracetamol) . I had to rest totally for a month and couldnt drink for at least 6 months .

Try and get some blood tests at the doctors

Welcome to my world. Buyers of sub £3k cars expecting them to be fresh from the production line with no sign of ever being used.

I'm currently trying to buy a small 5 door hatch for my girlfriends cousin in the £1-£2k range. Apparently the last service in 2008 counts as "lots of history"

If you have history, fine. If not, price accordingly. It is indeed a buyers market, I'll keep going til I find a good one. 

Also traders posing as private sellers. Douchebags

Was going to put the BGD away in the garage as the sky is looking ominous and heavy rain is forecast. Got up there and I had forgotten the flaming key to the garage/Kia and the lousy landladies heap of shit BMW convertible is parked right in front of my garage door and she is not answering her phone...

It's going to get wet...

Luckily I don't get hassle from the neighbours for parking a 7.5 ton iveco slide bed in our cul de sac,but one of the other guys,who lives in a new estate got his 18 ton scania blocked in with 2 massive boulders put there with his JCB.Said scania has a big hiab......I wouldn't have just moved the boulders to the side.....

Chap in a silver new shape Range Rover dangerously cut me and several motorists up on the A14 near Cambridge this evening.

Judging by his private registration 999S and the way he then shot off at about a ton I can only assume he was responding to some kind of terrible emergency.

I can only that hope everybody involved is OK.

Got stuck behind a combine harvester (in convoy with a couple of tractors) on the way to work this morning.  This kind of thing occasionally happens and is one of the joys of living in the arse end of nowhere, but normally they a) pull into a layby to let faster traffic past and b ) usually turn off into a field / farm track after a relatively short distance.  Not this time.  We sat at 25 mph (not bad going for a combine but bloody frustrating on a NSL A-road) for 7 miles - all the way to the outskirts of Norwich.  I thought to myself "he's got to turn off now".  Nope.  He kept on driving into Norwich, all the way to the ring road.  With the result that I was late for work, three days after getting a bollocking for being late too much.  At least it was only a minute late today - thank feck I left early.

What a monumental fuck up today was. As if having an FTP in a 56-plate (that's 2006) Corsa and ending up getting home at 11pm yesterday for an early 6am start today wasn't enough...

From being picked up around 6:30am this morning I didn't get dropped off to my first car today until gone 11am (as we had to get to Stoke via Nottingham and Telford) car picked up and dropped off just before 2:30pm, this left me with a very tight schedule to get my next car, 22 miles away in Sandtoft before 5pm. Got to a very lonely Crowle station and called up, a few taxi companies, no one could help me get to the place before 5pm as they all had jobs in sCUNThorpe :angry:. However, thankfully the car place had an after-hours security guard who'd sort me out my vehicle so at least I had something to go home in, except.... the office had forgotten to give me a bloody release code. :angry:

But this was minor hiccup compared to happily arriving on to the A42 just off the M1 to be confronted with a line of traffic that wasn't moving. Yep, you probably guessed it, a lorry had cheerily jackknifed spreading most of its contents onto the carriageway. The Police/Traffic wombles(?) decided to shut the motorway for 2 hours, I could feel my sanity honestly slipping away as I began to lose my grip on reality, once is fine but twice on the trot? :angry: Yep, it's probably why I began talking to myself and shouting to the world as I had nothing more than a Vauxhall Insignia to keep me insulated from the horrible outside world (and I like Vauxhall Insignias) So once again, instead of getting home at 8:45pm, it was once again an 11:30pm stroll into the door.

Thankfully, it's not an early start tomorrow. :|

I'm just in from work, ready to get my head down for a good nights kip except this is happening right outside my bedroom window

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

network rail have decided that 3am is a perfectly suitable time to chop down and wood-chip all of the trees on the embankment that runs by my garden - fuckers !

The fuckers are back again, an angry neighbour has just given them a piece of his mind !

Hats off to the knobrocket behind me going down the (narrow) back lanes yesterday. It's always helpful to have some to have some self important tit weaving alll over the place like he wants to overtake me when there isn't even room to do so.

Anyhow, I hope slowing down to 25mph and him having to wait a couple of miles before you got past me made him even later. Fingers crossed he's there again this morning.

Fucking work and zero hour contract. I love the job but i dont know where i stand over christmas or even in a few weeks time when rush ends. Its alright for some knowing they have security. I dont know what ill do over quiet time if told im not needed.

^ Me and the other half are both on zero hours contracts (we're carers). Don't know one week to the next what we're doing. When we do plan stuff so we have a life, they moan like fxxk about our availability. They can fxxk right off as we want a life as well. As far as we're concerned zero hours works both ways!

People shouldn't have to work jobs like that - it's a horrible way to make a living.

That's why they volunteer.

I agree though, there's no need to be more infuriating than car salesmen, acting like they've got a stick up their arse and a gun to their head.

What really irks me is when they come door knocking, they can FRO then.

I'm looking at you, Barnardo's.