The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Parking Eye.  They can FRO.  In the post today was a 'parking charge notice' for £85 (or fifty quid if I bend over within 14 days like a good boy), claiming I hadn't bought a ticket for parking at some shitty retail park in Walsall.

Lucky I kept the ticket, then.  Appeal with photographic evidence duly lodged.

Chancers...

The best course of action is to just ignore them.

As soon as you reply, they realise you're real and apparently start harassing you even more.

I keep getting notices through the post for a ticket I got at work. The twunts at the university have Parking Eye or Smart Parking or who-the-fuck-ever patrolling the place. They dobbed me in for not having a valid parking pass, even though I was displaying one on the dash.

It's hilarious how much the charge goes up and down with the letters. The letters have also come from about 3 different companies so far, all claiming to be working on behalf of the parking shitehawks, and every letter has a different amount on it. I've also lost count of how many times they've threatened to take me to court. My reaction is "Go on then! Fucking do it already!"

They also keep citing a 'landmark case' called Beavis Vs Parking Eye, neglecting the fact that the guy fighting Parking Eye made the mistake of admitting he was driving the car at the time. In my case (and many others) they need to prove who was driving the car when it was parked. Meaning their claim that it's a 'landmark case' is complete fucking bollocks.

Utter shitehawks.

/rant

Can you tell I absolutely hate private parking companies? They're the sort of people I wouldn't piss on even if they were on fire.

As soon as you reply, they realise you're real and apparently start harassing you even more.

I keep getting notices through the post for a ticket I got at work. The twunts at the university have Parking Eye or Smart Parking or who-the-fuck-ever patrolling the place. They dobbed me in for not having a valid parking pass, even though I was displaying one on the dash.

It's hilarious how much the charge goes up and down with the letters. The letters have also come from about 3 different companies so far, all claiming to be working on behalf of the parking shitehawks, and every letter has a different amount on it. I've also lost count of how many times they've threatened to take me to court. My reaction is "Go on then! Fucking do it already!"

They also keep citing a 'landmark case' called Beavis Vs Parking Eye, neglecting the fact that the guy fighting Parking Eye made the mistake of admitting he was driving the car at the time. In my case (and many others) they need to prove who was driving the car when it was parked. Meaning their claim that it's a 'landmark case' is complete fucking bollocks.

Utter shitehawks.

/rant

Can you tell I absolutely hate private parking companies? They're the sort of people I wouldn't piss on even if they were on fire.

You can't ignore them now unless you're in Scotland. Outside Scotland the vehicle keeper can be made to disclose who was driving or held personally responsible. The other oft-quoted advice that they can only claim what your parking cost them doesn't apply any more either, there was a test case a year or two ago- the name Beavis springs to mind.

Not since Beavis, my friend - in England & Wales anyway.  The requirement is that due appeal process should be followed, utter ball ache though it is, including POPLA if the parking company decides to compound their error by playing silly bastards.

I will invoice them for my time at a multiple of my normal rate if they try that one...

The first thing we heard from parking eye was a county court summons for an overstay at Morrisons. Store staff were utter shit kept promising to cancel it and never did. In the end I put a shitty letter saying what I thought of Morrisons on their Facebook page and it was cancelled the next day. Parasites they are.

I had a Parking Eye jobbie for an overstay.... Except it was a store I was working in and I watched the guy tap my reg number into the system as soon as I got there.

Apparently they often "lose" numbers off the system and send letters, the store manager reckoned the ones where he knew he'd entered the number properly were always a week later than the regular overstays, he reckoned they manually pulled some out and fired off letters.

The lease company who had to forward me the letter were equally frustrated at the ineptitude, they do dozens a week and also reckoned they were chancers as they see patterns with which retail parks generate more than their fair share.

TL;DR - Wankers.

Mine needs uninstalled an reinstalled every now and then. This is particularly tedious as installation takes literally hours, which I just dont understand since the software appears to have the complexity of a handfull of Ceefax pages.

What version do you have?

I've managed to overcome the earlier problem with a fresh install of Diagbox 7.02 but I don't know if that's new enough to talk to the car I need it to

I had more corticosteroid injections into the ligaments in my hand yesterday, fook me it makes my eyes water , the GP was apologising all the way through as he knew how painful it is ,  it's usually kicked in by the next day but my fingers are still bastard locking.  GRRR 

You can't ignore them now unless you're in Scotland. Outside Scotland the vehicle keeper can be made to disclose who was driving or held personally responsible. The other oft-quoted advice that they can only claim what your parking cost them doesn't apply any more either, there was a test case a year or two ago- the name Beavis springs to mind.

I've got a letter here from Parking Eye for £100 as I fell asleep at Oxford- Waterstock services and slept for over 2 hours..after driving from Koblenz. Should I ignore it?