The grumpy thread

outlaw118

People & there fucking kids why is it people usually single parents can't seem to grasp haveing kids meens you have to alter your lifestyle & look after them this summer myself & neighbours have had cars scratched,crap dumped in the street etc I've ended up modifying my drive to get the Ute off the street to this evening find mud,grass etc all over the bonnet (it's a metre away from opening) after going Apeshit at anyone within earshot I've been told to stop moaning its just kids!

So now instead of going away for weekend I'm going to build gates & buy cctv.

I sound like my father but what happened to respect for others & thier property.

I live in a nice street so it now seems I did live in a nice street.

Is it jealousy,or indifference,or the fact I don't join in thier vain life? no doubt I'll end up the villain in all this.

HP Enterprise support.

My employer has a lifetime warranty agreement for HP network switches. I log a call by entering the serial number of a product into HP's web form, then filling in boxes to describe the problem etc.

However, I've encountered the same problem a few times now. Their system doesn't always recognise the serial number of their own bloody product! This results in me on the phone to a call centre drone in India with an incredibly thick Indian accent, telling me that they can't verify the serial number and that I need to provide proof of purchase.

OF COURSE YOU CAN'T VERIFY THE SERIAL NUMBER. THAT'S THE POINT I'M TRYING TO MAKE. YOUR SYSTEM IS SHIT. Also, why should I be made to even think about starting the insurmountable task of trawling through several years' worth of an entire IT department's invoices because of a fault with your system?!

I've just hung up while on hold to go and have my lunch instead. They piss me right off and just go round and round and round in circles.

...and breathe.

Almost every big company is like this these days. Make it so much hassle they give up and buy a new one seems to be the plan.

Almost every big company is like this these days. Make it so much hassle they give up and buy a new one seems to be the plan.

Instead I wrote a massive rant about their crappy system back to them, CCing in both my boss and their boss.

Today I got a reply "The replacement has been approved, sorry for the inconvenience."

Twats.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-09-16 at 07.10.44.png

I am literally going to kill these incompetent bastards.

Had this exact problem with T Mobile.   Took 12 months DD in one month.  Not as much as that, admittedly but it still wiped me out for the TEN FUCKING DAYS it took them to put it back.   No telecommunications company is ever, ever, getting my bank details again.   PAYGO  Asda mobile for me now, and if anybody complains that I never ring them or return calls other than by text - Fuck 'EM.   Never again.

Had this exact problem with T Mobile.   Took 12 months DD in one month.  Not as much as that, admittedly but it still wiped me out for the TEN FUCKING DAYS it took them to put it back.   No telecommunications company is ever, ever, getting my bank details again.   PAYGO  Asda mobile for me now, and if anybody complains that I never ring them or return calls other than by text - Fuck 'EM.   Never again.

I've been with giffgaff for a while, on a rolling monthly thing set up automatically. They seem perfectly competent. *awaits bank account getting emptied in one fell swoop*

People & there fucking kids why is it people usually single parents can't seem to grasp haveing kids meens you have to alter your lifestyle & look after them this summer myself & neighbours have had cars scratched,crap dumped in the street etc I've ended up modifying my drive to get the Ute off the street to this evening find mud,grass etc all over the bonnet (it's a metre away from opening) after going Apeshit at anyone within earshot I've been told to stop moaning its just kids!

So now instead of going away for weekend I'm going to build gates & buy cctv.

I sound like my father but what happened to respect for others & thier property.

I live in a nice street so it now seems I did live in a nice street.

Is it jealousy,or indifference,or the fact I don't join in thier vain life? no doubt I'll end up the villain in all this.

little bastards, you not going blackpool now then?

Not slept again. Not one minute of kip did I get last night. strangely, I don't feel too bad yet but I bet I will later. Oh and Paul has just rung me to say that my newly repaired fog light switch just ended up in his hoover!

I suppose I should be happy he's hoovering the car... he's a braver man than me as I NEVER clean the back of it due to dogs. I think there are new and interesting life forms dwelling underneath the quilt on the back seat :)

This goes beyond that. I phoned them furious with the service in May after six months of them failing to collect payment by DD and shit service, and having to manually remember to go and pay for the shit service, and they amazingly offered an insane deal for a new iPhone, nuking my contract six months early to do it - with no termination fees. Except the shops needed a letterheaded purchase order to give me the phone, and the online shop didn't have any.

So I called back, and the next person I spoke to wanted 4x the price for the handset and wouldn't match the line discount. I told them to go shove it, and give me a PAC code, since they'd taken me out of commitment.

Retentions then called back, reinstated the deal, with a discount on the original phone price (iPhone 6S Plus 64GB for £49, not too shabby). Fine. Done.

Then I couldn't get the included Spotify to work. Took four phone calls to sort that.

Then the line went dead in July while my housemate was in hospital - they'd cancelled the line! Lost my shit with them, they reinstated it and gave me a month free.

Turns out that although they reinstated the line, the termination fees on a full two year contract had been applied to my (live, two year commitment) account.

This is the second time. The first time I recalled the direct debit after talking to them. Now I need to phone them and get it sorted out at their end, 'cause the bank isn't going to keep recalling the direct debit for me - if it's taken twice they think it must be legit it seems.

Fucks up my plans and finances no end, but more than that, it seems I can't actually stop being a customer of theirs very easily, so I'm stuck with them until the contract ends. Tempted to cancel the DD though so they can't do this again. I wonder if there's a legal break clause in the contract for "Mind blowing sheer buggering incompetence".

This goes beyond that. I phoned them furious with the service in May after six months of them failing to collect payment by DD and shit service, and having to manually remember to go and pay for the shit service, and they amazingly offered an insane deal for a new iPhone, nuking my contract six months early to do it - with no termination fees. Except the shops needed a letterheaded purchase order to give me the phone, and the online shop didn't have any.

So I called back, and the next person I spoke to wanted 4x the price for the handset and wouldn't match the line discount. I told them to go shove it, and give me a PAC code, since they'd taken me out of commitment.

Retentions then called back, reinstated the deal, with a discount on the original phone price (iPhone 6S Plus 64GB for £49, not too shabby). Fine. Done.

Then I couldn't get the included Spotify to work. Took four phone calls to sort that.

Then the line went dead in July while my housemate was in hospital - they'd cancelled the line! Lost my shit with them, they reinstated it and gave me a month free.

Turns out that although they reinstated the line, the termination fees on a full two year contract had been applied to my (live, two year commitment) account.

This is the second time. The first time I recalled the direct debit after talking to them. Now I need to phone them and get it sorted out at their end, 'cause the bank isn't going to keep recalling the direct debit for me - if it's taken twice they think it must be legit it seems.

Fucks up my plans and finances no end, but more than that, it seems I can't actually stop being a customer of theirs very easily, so I'm stuck with them until the contract ends. Tempted to cancel the DD though so they can't do this again. I wonder if there's a legal break clause in the contract for "Mind blowing sheer buggering incompetence".

Worth contacting Citizens Advice Bureau?

Not slept again. Not one minute of kip did I get last night. strangely, I don't feel too bad yet but I bet I will later. Oh and Paul has just rung me to say that my newly repaired fog light switch just ended up in his hoover!

I suppose I should be happy he's hoovering the car... he's a braver man than me as I NEVER clean the back of it due to dogs. I think there are new and interesting life forms dwelling underneath the quilt on the back seat :)

So he's replacing the fog light switch for free then, right? 

You're getting reamed on this car, xtriple. Time to find somewhere else, surely? 

I bet you get charged the full £80 an hour for hoovering it!

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 07.10.44.png

I am literally going to kill these incompetent bastards.

Id mobile sim only here too, they would have a 6 hour window to be able to take that amount out of my account once a month, the rest of the time I would just laugh at them!

our money sits in the savings current account we have, with no direct debit attached. The joint account holds those, and has enough put in every month to cover itself.

Maybe open another account and pay the thats out of that? that way if they try it again you can laugh at them when the dd fails?

Today has been a comedy of errors...

The boy is poorly, projectile vomiting if his temperature goes above 38.265 degrees, which then cools him down enough to be happy and fine, for 25 minutes until it happens again. Had the paramedic out last night to check he was ok. Bed @ 1.30am.

Supposed to be doing an early today, woke up 20 minutes before I had to start. Bollocks, rush around, leave 2 minutes before my start time

Which wouldn't usually be an issue, would arrive at 8.30, sneak out the door at 4.10.

Except due to the fucking monsoon we had (wipers couldn't keep up, roads instantly flooded etc, Xantia wafted over it all nicely though)) someone crashed which shut the M40, everywhere fucked. Turned around, back home. Got sicked on, change of clothes, have breakfast.

Left again at 9.15. Everywhere still a bit fucked, but sneak through the back way. Arrive at 10.20am...

So I'm doing a late now, have stuff to do, Dysons to strip and get in soak, Eva to bath, probably not going to happen tonight

And now the person I work with took the opportunity to leave at 4 instead as I am now covering the late, and just walked out the door as 'she has a train to catch'

Bah, fuck it, time to browse here, not been on all day properly...

Anyone remember the story of that disabled pensioner who got beaten up, and a stranger set up a fund that raised £330k? That was a really heartwarming story that shows you there some good people in the world.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alan-barnes-defends-himself-after-8846811

Except said stranger now has a £7k bill for the PR company, and he's said he'd donate a tenner towards it. Then we wonder why no one stops and helps any more

Anyone remember the story of that disabled pensioner who got beaten up, and a stranger set up a fund that raised £330k? That was a really heartwarming story that shows you there some good people in the world.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/alan-barnes-defends-himself-after-8846811

Except said stranger now has a £7k bill for the PR company, and he's said he'd donate a tenner towards it. Then we wonder why no one stops and helps any more

Tricky one. Roping in a PR company at that sort of rate was a rather naive move. Presumably she did actually know how much it'd cost ahead of signing on the dotted line. The elderly chap didn't tell her to sign up to anything like that did he? And people donated so the money would go to him. Would they have donated if they knew several grand was going to a PR company?

Strikes me it's now turning into one of those bloody stories that causes mass OUTRAGE and mob mentality to sort it out. I'm mighty sick of that kind of thing.

Today has been a comedy of errors...

The boy is poorly, projectile vomiting if his temperature goes above 38.265 degrees, which then cools him down enough to be happy and fine, for 25 minutes until it happens again. Had the paramedic out last night to check he was ok. Bed @ 1.30am.

Sounds like HGF, give him some K-Seal for breakfast.

Tricky one. Roping in a PR company at that sort of rate was a rather naive move. Presumably she did actually know how much it'd cost ahead of signing on the dotted line. The elderly chap didn't tell her to sign up to anything like that did he? And people donated so the money would go to him. Would they have donated if they knew several grand was going to a PR company?

Strikes me it's now turning into one of those bloody stories that causes mass OUTRAGE and mob mentality to sort it out. I'm mighty sick of that kind of thing.

I agree that she was at best naive, but being £6,000+ out of pocket when trying to help someone is very harsh.

A gentleman will always have someone else to vacuum his motor car:-)