The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Small problems really but it's been one of those days today.

Dropped my new to me motorbike this morning, on the corner of my street.   Low speed so just a couple of scratches.   It's old, I can cope so picked it up and carried on.   Had a nice ride, stopped for petrol, then the ignition key wouldn't turn in the lock, just couldn't get it to turn.   Steering lock on, can't even push the thing in a straight line.   Still being a grown up I got towed home only to find that the bloody tow truck had put a sling around the front brake pipe and that's now leaking.   At this point I may have had a bit of a childish tantrum.  

So need a new front brake hose, new mirror and will need to pay a locksmith to get the ignition lock out.   Then will need to pay to get it keyed as all the locks for the hard cases are on one key.   FML.

Yeah, thought about this but I would need to prove some sort of negligence on the neighbours part and considering the tiles came off in a storm its negotiable as to whether it was his fault. I do wonder whether the insurers attitude would have been so casual if a child had been hit and killed but there you go....

And what's more, he wouldn't show up or respond to paperwork as whilst he is a nice enough guy, he is fucking incompetent. How many men do you know who need to ask their neighbour to help them change a lightbulb for example?

he rents the house now, I bet he isn't insured. Might ask the tenants as I am sure it is the landlords responsibility. I mean I dont care about his place, but if his burns down and takes mine with it and he isn't insured, I will probably murder him.

Is he renting? I'm near sure his landlord is responsible for maintenance, and I think has some sort of legal obligation to insure the building.

Maybe nip into citizens advice for a chat?

It might prompt the landlord to check the condition of the rest of the roof, which wouldn't be a bad thing

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Nah, he's a nipper.....My music heroes are all from the 1950s.    Every now and again I realise I am leaning on the stage, bottle in hand, rocking to an octogenarian.    Last time I saw Bill Haley's old drummer play a shit-stomping solo he was fucking 90.     

Keeps yer young, rock and roll.

I was bringing an artic back this morning, going up the M1 and a lane was closed due to broken down vehicle. The signs said 40, I'm doing 40 and no one else is.

We pass the vehicle, the gantry then showed NSL. So I do 55, the next gantry is blank, the next gantry is also blank, but I'm pretty sure a double flash went off when I went past. There was a car in both the lanes next to me, but it seemed like they were both doing below 70.

It was weird why it flashed as it was daylight and it didn't flash at the cars in front.

I was bringing an artic back this morning, going up the M1 and a lane was closed due to broken down vehicle. The signs said 40, I'm doing 40 and no one else is.

We pass the vehicle, the gantry then showed NSL. So I do 55, the next gantry is blank, the next gantry is also blank, but I'm pretty sure a double flash went off when I went past. There was a car in both the lanes next to me, but it seemed like they were both doing below 70.

It was weird why it flashed as it was daylight and it didn't flash at the cars in front.

They flash in day light too. Can be difficult to spot unless they catch your eye.

Has anyone ever had a response from an email,on gumtree? I can't claim to be a regular user for have sent getting on for a dozen messages over a couple of years and never had any response. Do they even get through?

I have had loads of responses from folk on Gumtree, I have had success with both buying and selling.

I do tend to avoid emailing people who's advert is written in text speak though!

I have had loads of responses from folk on Gumtree, I have had success with both buying and selling.

I do tend to avoid emailing people who's advert is written in text speak though!

I must just be unlucky, never bought a thing off there despite chasing a few up as they were Capri bits I really wanted. Have sent a couple more today so will see what happens.

there are a couple of camera things mounted on the back of gantries, around junction 29 or 30-ish on the M1 northbound, they flash anything and everything cos they are either deranged or just plain broke, assuming of course that is where you were?

i see them flashing all the time, but usually i am at or very close to the NSL and hence don't give them much thought.....

oh and my grump?

well found out this morning that the metal strap that holds the back section of the exhaust on to the Rover 75 has snapped and that the exhaust is still on the car more by good fortune rather than anything else. 

i came out of the house, and as i walked over to the car, i saw something hanging down, and i wondered what it was. now i know, and probably a good thing that i did get on my hands and knees to have a look.

so as i darn't risk the M1 with it just sort of dangling i've gotta use the little gay jeep next week for work.

bloody marvelous, i find that car uncomfortable to sit in for anything more than an hour or so, and its 2.5-3 hours down to nottingham.....

bugger doesn't come close, and the worse thing about it is that it was an advise on the MOT earlier last the month about the exhaust not been securely supported, or the support been weakened i forget exactly how it was worded, which was supposed to have been sorted by the garage at the time.

bastards.

Has anyone ever had a response from an email,on gumtree? I can't claim to be a regular user for have sent getting on for a dozen messages over a couple of years and never had any response. Do they even get through?

Yes, it's a pain. It's because more times than most, emails via that website go straight into the recipients 'spam' box. When I remember I ask state on my adverts for people to check their spam box for replies from me.

o.k, so I must have missed something about Picassos/MPV's somewhere but is it related to my post about ours on Tuesday? Probably made by someone that doesn't know my shite either?  

No actual Autoshiters were targeted, or were intended to be targeted, during the making of whatever rants were or weren't recently had, not that I'm allowed to talk about it or I'll be kicked out of the club ;-)

Had a brief laps out of Autoshiteness and though I'd look at new vans. Considering the new Mk3 Jumpy/Dispatch/Expert is out I thought they'd be discounting the old model.

Are they fuck.

Considering the Scudo is being deleted and being replaced by the Talento (Renault Trafic clone) I thought the Scudo would be on super dooper discount.

Is it fuck

Current Jumpy now on 390000, still wont die.....

Think I might get an ex ERDF Kangoo and a roof rack instead.

A bloody Renault

Or is there a Picasso van ?

oh and my grump?

well found out this morning that the metal strap that holds the back section of the exhaust on to the Rover 75 has snapped and that the exhaust is still on the car more by good fortune rather than anything else. 

i came out of the house, and as i walked over to the car, i saw something hanging down, and i wondered what it was. now i know, and probably a good thing that i did get on my hands and knees to have a look.

so as i darn't risk the M1 with it just sort of dangling i've gotta use the little gay jeep next week for work.

That must have been what happened to my 75 back box then as its held up with some rope, and what looks like an old drive belt, I have no idea who carried out this fix but fair play to them because its not going anywhere soon!!  Although it does look a right bodge! 

there are a couple of camera things mounted on the back of gantries, around junction 29 or 30-ish on the M1 northbound, they flash anything and everything cos they are either deranged or just plain broke, assuming of course that is where you were?

i see them flashing all the time, but usually i am at or very close to the NSL and hence don't give them much thought.....

I believe it was around that area.

I've seen those gantry cameras randomly flashing loads of times with no-one around speeding.

Hopefully I won't hear anything then.

Yes, it's a pain. It's because more times than most, emails via that website go straight into the recipients 'spam' box. When I remember I ask state on my adverts for people to check their spam box for replies from me.

Is the number their real number or some holding mailbox thing? I have sent a text saying I will pick up today or tomorrow if still for sale and nothing back.

That must have been what happened to my 75 back box then as its held up with some rope, and what looks like an old drive belt, I have no idea who carried out this fix but fair play to them because its not going anywhere soon!!  Although it does look a right bodge! 

cable tie it - job done.