Practical Classics - Broken

Father Ted

if my memory serves me the busted allegros belong to a Mr S Glover who gleefully told me he had just bought a wonderfully shite example last month....the caravan is "Glover Towers".....see the poverty that Compulsive Heap Buying Syndrome can result in? let that be a lesson to us all

A bit of a clear out form the museum of automotive mediocrity methinksI think he's passed off that shite rusty blue daimler I sold him and Campbell to Neil full time amazed it made an MOT - more filler than metal and the warning lights were like a discotheque!BTW was very very very tempted by your Bond but with the Xmas costs and the new XM and Daf in the stable together with MOTs needed for the XM, Golf, Daf in February - I am unable to do it...curses - lovely wee car as well

Maybe they've been hacked by legendary Wolseley-loving cyber-maniac and part-time OAP internet Nazi 'Johnno', now hell-bent on revenge for PC's INSISTENCE on filling their pages with 1980's and 90's RUBBISH, for which they must now pay the ULTIMATE PRICE due to their TOTAL FAILURE to REPENT etc etc.

Maybe they've been hacked by legendary Wolseley-loving cyber-maniac and part-time OAP internet Nazi 'Johnno', now hell-bent on revenge for PC's INSISTENCE on filling their pages with 1980's and 90's RUBBISH, for which they must now pay the ULTIMATE PRICE due to their TOTAL FAILURE to REPENT etc etc.

I would have thought that Johnno was too busy polishing his Stag and sneering at anyone not wearing an identikit flying jacket......oh how I want to take an FSO Polonez to a Stag show!!! :P

Serves you right Seth - spending most nights wheelspinning around Morrisons car park blasting your Scooter tape, you were gonna get caught out eventually.I've been buying PC every month lately too, they seem to be catering to my taste in cars quite well.

MEGALOL

I'm not totally with you on this - PC for the last few months has been getting better but there were a plethora of comparsion articles that were heavy with the "life on mars" - guy ritchie pseudo shit but light on detail about the cars and the whys and wherefores - fortunately this seems to have stopped I especially liked the article in December about BL's desigers.Classics monthly I do like mostly because it actually teaches me the jobs that are within my technical ability and therefore allows me to run my shiite - eg - electronc ignition, steering, suspension, fitting seatbelts - that sort of crap.PC's tech section is real propellor head stuff - rebuilding autoboxes indeed! -

I never buy Classics. 'Least not since they used a picture of my car under the headline "Modified Idiots" :roll:

LOL!! Better than being a standard idiot at least, shows initiative if nowt else. What did you do to be classified an idiot?
what about the 14 in a row triumph stags in identikit flying jackets I saw at a show last year - "Original Idiots" perhaps?how much I wanted to be there in a RAD MODED SAXO WIF WKD HOME AID BODY KIT N EXORST G8 4 CHICS

I never buy Classics. 'Least not since they used a picture of my car under the headline "Modified Idiots" :roll:

LOL!! Better than being a standard idiot at least, shows initiative if nowt else. What did you do to be classified an idiot?
The Oxford was photographed as part of a feature on Modified Farinas, the write up of which included some shocking errors.

Posted Image

Then about a year later there was some sort of press release by an insurance firm about being uninsured if you don't declare modifications. They chose to splash this across their news pages with a picture of my (quite recognisable) car.

Hirst, I've told you before to keep quiet about that!

Have to agree, PC does seem to have got better of late. Although I did feel that the article on 'future classics' (Cortina et al) was almost apologetic for featuring them and not putting something shiney, red, chrome bumpered and on wire wheels instead as some sort of way of trying not to alienate anyone at all.

Another thumbs up for PC, It has got very good lately, I wonder if that's because many of the staff are now younger as the magazine does seem to have a more youthful appearance to it than it did say 4-5 years ago.I've just got a years subscription to it from the wife for a Christmas present in fact.I was reading some issues of old Popular Classic that I've got the other night, I forgot how good that was, That was the magazine that got me really interested in classic cars in the first place.

I was involved in a Classics Monthy comparison artical around two years ago , me in the Singer , an Anglia and a riley elf , said over the phone would only take 2 hours max , took 7 , the Elf owner was furious as they had to pick their kids up from school and the shoot was 2 hours from where they lived , said they would pay for petrol , they didnt , said id get a free copy , I didnt , said it would be out in two months , came out over a year later , got some facts wrong on all three cars , NEVER AGAIN :twisted:

I'm definitely enjoying PC more at the moment because they're actually restoring their own cars and explaining some of the 'nitty-gritty' of it, rather than just writing about someone elses car and glossing over the agro bits. No matter which mag I buy (usually PC, PPC and retro cars -occassionally french performance car but that's sometimes it's a bit too chav), the first thing I turn to is there equivalent of staff car sagas. It prooves they're real people.