GeoGuessr Tat Finds

This started out as a "what is this car" thread, but has changed into a "look what shit I found on GeoGuessr/streetview" - feel free to add your tat finds.

I'm sure there was a thread for this previously, but a quick Google didn't turn it up. Mods; please merge it if a thread already exists :)

I've been playing a bit of GeoGuessr tonight and it turns up a huge amount of old shite as you find your way around. Not sure what this is though - anyone?

car1.thumb.PNG.9ed519a9e9ccb43d105b3bd277fdd01b.PNG 

Thanks both. The eventual GeoGuessr answer was Argentina. I found a battered Sierra and a Renault 21 Estate right round the corner.

Not a shill for them or owt, but GeoGuessr is quite a nice way of turning up all manner of obscure shite, especially when you are dropped into Eastern Europe or South America. 

4 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

Might have a go at that as opposed to my picking a spot on the map myself and having a mooch around for old rammle!

I enjoy it and pay for a monthly "pro" membership. I mostly like it for the puzzle solving element, but its nice to see the old heaps that you encounter along the way - and quite often they offer a clue as to which country/city you are in :)

• Nyphur changed the title to GeoGuessr Tat Finds
5 hours ago, ChinaTom said:

I assume that is Ukraine. There are loads of 80’s Fords knocking around there - especially near Poland/Moldova.

I follow 'Russian Crash channel' Utoob.

Lots of quality rammel [...& Dacias] ... usually spinning on their roof....

Uruguay is probably the most diverse for motors. Add a bit of Argentinian border and it's ground zero.  I was sure I clocked a Maestro on a road to the mill we were dealing with and failed to photograph it. However, GE is your friend in such circumstances. 

Uruguay#8.jpg

16 hours ago, ChinaTom said:

I assume that is Ukraine. There are loads of 80’s Fords knocking around there - especially near Poland/Moldova.

I find that surprising, most 1985 Fords didn’t see 6 years out in our cold weather let alone a Ukrainian winter. 

42 minutes ago, ChinaTom said:

Uruguay is probably the most diverse for motors. Add a bit of Argentinian border and it's ground zero.  I was sure I clocked a Maestro on a road to the mill we were dealing with and failed to photograph it. However, GE is your friend in such circumstances. 

Uruguay#8.jpg

There is a bonus Citroen Visa in front of it, for extra points!

I don’t think I have ever seen the sheer diversity of cars anywhere in the world than Uruguay. Russian, American, European and home grown versions of them, and more modern ones were Korean or Chinese. The back streets of Bella Union (they’re all back streets actually!) are a treat. I wouldn’t be surprised if you opened a garage door to find a YD26 Estate. The chances of returning there are next to zero for me but if I could go back it would be more than the 36 hours I had there.

1 hour ago, sierraman said:

I find that surprising, most 1985 Fords didn’t see 6 years out in our cold weather let alone a Ukrainian winter. 

I don't think they put salt on the roads over there, Ukrainian nights can be very very cold, too cold for salt to have any affect. In theory salt will only work down to approx -21C but that requires 30g salt per kg water, well mixed in - not easy to do on a road. In other words your left on your own to negotiate the ice rink. The plus side - less body rot, the negative side - more panel beating required.