Stuff that will never be shite

Bren

1 minute ago, loserone said:

To be fair, the same could be said about a Focus or a Mondeo.

Yeah I guess you could but at least it makes some nice noises when you put your foot down. A lot of the newish cars now are very dull, I can’t imagine someone going mad for a Qashqai in 20 years or one of the myriad of BMW models available etc. Maybe that’s just me or perhaps by that point people won’t be interested in cars, it’ll become a minority interest like there’s people out there interested in old microwaves.  

Not as far as I know but there's been threads on Corsas, Picassos, Mondeos and Golfs so it's only a matter of time.

Incidentally I'm not complaining about any of them.  Two really good threads on here from Blackboilersuit and Andyrew have some brilliant work on Mk 4 Astra's, a car I can't get even slightly excited about but it's still good to see.

5 minutes ago, loserone said:

At least an electric car has entertaining torque.  I agree, a Qashqai seems a stretch too far.  Are there any on here?

I saw a BMW yesterday, it was a sort of 1 series 4wd type thing, they’ve such a bewildering array of cars. Pick up a copy of What Car these days and it’s such a boring tome about an incredibly boring subject, a world of benefit in kind figures, emissions, target prices for a lease and residual values. It’s hard to imagine in 20 years anyone getting wet over the sight of a 114D, whatever you used to think about the old XR3i it said something about you, it was memorable, a laugh if you like, it said you were working class probably enjoyed 10 pints of Stella at a weekend and a kebab and slept with a succession of morally vacant women in the back of it. A new BMW Compact SUV just says your called Nick and work in IT and you wear red corduroy trousers  and a padded gilet. And your wife’s probably sleeping with her boss.

35 minutes ago, loserone said:

A Qashqai seems a stretch too far.  Are there any on here?

hzDRawK.jpg

'That'd be me Ted'

Mine was a hand me down from Mrs warch. Nowhere near as bad a car as it is commonly perceived to be, and has the crucial benefits for me of cheap running costs, being cheap and easy to repair and source parts for and having decent cross country and rough road performance where ground clearance is an issue plus good ability in floodwater. I do like a car I can just get in and drive without otherwise worrying about it, it's just a tool for getting from A to B.  

jPqTGjB.jpg?1