National Trust spec 7 series: half arsed review and introduction

TheXUDfiles

34 minutes ago, TheXUDfiles said:

You'll probably end up paying more for the alloys than you will the car! For some reason those Alpina things are worth more pound per pound than gold.

I know :( , but they do suit the 7 series well

1889cc29740d719c847c4ae1c52fc9ba.jpg

On 12/22/2020 at 2:53 PM, TheXUDfiles said:

Because this car is very good at that. It's only now that I really understand the difference between an executive car and a luxury car - something like a 5 series is there to pleasant and competent - this does something to you (other than bankrupt you). Maybe it's the way it's quiet on the motorway and seals you off from reality around town, being your own personal, impenetrable, luxurious bubble. The classy, old money charm  is almost enough to cancel out the turd circus 2020 turned out to be. Anyone else think the '90s were the pinnacle for the luxury car? 

Totally agree with this, I had the same feeling with my Volvo S80, after a shit day at work sliding into the leather seats just felt so relaxing. I would get in raging and be completely calm by the time I got home. 

On 12/31/2020 at 10:36 AM, dome said:

My Rangey came with this effort. Sadly* the original stereo has been replaced so I can't do anything with it. Would've been cool to get it working though

IMG_20201231_103407589.jpg

You know in petrol stations, they have a picture of a little phone with a cross through - that actually looks like the phone in the picture.