Tell me I shouldn't...... MBZ CLK content - Now Viewed/offered

EssDeeWon

Been to view this this evening, its actually rather nice!  immaculate inside and pretty good outside but it was dark.... owner took me for a spin and it seems spot on.  I have offered £1600 but there is another chap viewing it first thing tomorrow morning so he is going to wait on him,  To be fair I arranged my viewing this evening pretty last minute and the other chap was already confirmed for tomorrow morning 9am, nonetheless £1600 is the offer, that is about as much as I want it and he will let me know tomorrow.    We will see....

• EssDeeWon changed the title to Tell me I shouldn't...... MBZ CLK content - Now Viewed/offered
6 minutes ago, Agila said:

Good luck with it. Hopefully for you the other bidder doesn't turn up and the seller gets pissed off and accepts your guaranteed £1600.

Thanks!  He said he has been bombarded with loads of  "£800 / £ 600 collect tonight bollox"

They don’t like to sit unused, my FiL bought a saloon of similar vintage. Looks immaculate but has had no end of niggling problems, most of which I am sure are due to sitting for a couple of years doing nothing before he bought it. It did look nice but you may have dodged a bullet.

42 minutes ago, Tamworthbay said:

They don’t like to sit unused, my FiL bought a saloon of similar vintage. Looks immaculate but has had no end of niggling problems, most of which I am sure are due to sitting for a couple of years doing nothing before he bought it. It did look nice but you may have dodged a bullet.

Yeah quite possibly. The communication wasn't ideal (he was Russian) .   The odd thing is I pulled up just down the road and text him saying "are you free now"  (this is after earlier comms about me viewing the car but I hadn't confirmed a time so he had no idea I was already there)  so he didn't know I was parked in his road.  He read my watsapp and came straight out of his house and got into the Merc, in this time I had walked towards the address he gave me and saw him getting in it... He jumped as it was dark and wasn't expecting me so soon....I thought here we go it needs warming up... but it started and run fine, however he did mention the battery isn't great so maybe it had some starting issues? I don't know, I mean a battery is no big deal.  I was slightly skeptical about this however it doesn't matter now.    I said "sorry were you just going out?" but he kept dodging the question.    Ah well its all done now, thanks for everyone's input and encouragement.