Tell me I shouldn't...... MBZ CLK content - Now Viewed/offered

EssDeeWon

2 minutes ago, EssDeeWon said:

Sorry admin I did not mean to post this in the For Sale section, please move to the normal forum, sorry my bad. @chaseracer

Easily sorted just delete this one and start another in autoshite forum.

Probably call it something like "I've just bought a clk on ebay - collection thread to follow"😄

2 minutes ago, Agila said:

Easily sorted just delete this one and start another in autoshite forum.

Probably call it something like "I've just bought a clk on ebay - collection thread to follow"😄

Looks smart doesn't it?  I only want a reliable run about mind...

4 minutes ago, HMC said:

Looks like a special order interior option. Perhaps an overseas vendor “mot to OKT 21” sounds a bit German. My main beef with these is the injector seals; sloppy and inadequate design; aside from that lovely!

I think the Okt 21 is a typo.  Is a UK car with no export markers.  Has a really clean MOT history. Seems a good price to me, and local.

Yep had a change of plate.  Going to view it saturday morning if its still available. Foreign sounding chap, seems friendly and genuine enough but I asked has it been reliable he said sometimes it needs things but I think it was more a breakdown in comms rather than him saying its unreliable.  Had all fluids and gearbox oil changed, parking sensors and leccy seats fixed. 

3 minutes ago, EssDeeWon said:

Yep had a change of plate.  Going to view it saturday morning if its still available. Foreign sounding chap, seems friendly and genuine enough but I asked has it been reliable he said sometimes it needs things but I think it was more a breakdown in comms rather than him saying its unreliable.  Had all fluids and gearbox oil changed, parking sensors and leccy seats fixed. 

Good luck! Watching with interest. I’m tentatively looking for one of these myself...

It had 'fuel lines and seal' replaced in 2015 due to a non start issue costing £262 @95K miles

It has only done 300 odd miles since March 2018.  Has been off the road without an MOT for 18 months March 2019 until Oct this year!?  I can't get my head around this one.

To summarise for my own sanity -

owned last 6 years, but for the last 3 years it has been parked in his garage, not MOT'd for half of that time and only covered about 300 miles since early 2018. 

I can't work out if its an absolute gem or a potential PITA riddled with problems. 

It looks mint condition with a clean MOT history but a lack of any real S/H.

I got all excited about buying one of these once - I was going to be all adult and get a sensible modern Diesel. It didn't happen because I got sidetracked by less sensible options (the petrol V8s were similar money to buy) but I do recall that this 2.7litre engine does have a bit of a reputation for leaking injector seals which can be difficult to repair. So have a quick google and have a good look under the plastic engine cover.  Good luck.

Just ask him how long he's owned it, and if he says longer than the DVLA site seems imply, ask him why this is. If it's because he's moved or had private plates taken off, then surely he can prove it?

Ref. sending him your number, I've found asking how long it is, then making a really crude drawing of a car with your telephone number scrawled below it works. Send him a picture of the drawing and ask him to check it thoroughly to make sure the size looks correct. Have found maybe 85-90% of people twig and see your number.