The fenlanders journey from the Doctor to myself

Daviemck2006

Could you not get it Shiply’ed [mention=21966]Daviemck2006[/mention]
That be the most time / hassle-free means of getting it to you, wouldn’t it? 
I have got quotes from shiply. All over £450 which is unaffordable at the present time. I can get a bus to the airport, east jet to Luton, and train to the docs for less than £60 all in in the new year. I have no idea how easy her can do £19 for a flight, cant be paying them at that!

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

This is getting picked up from the doctor on Sunday, and delivered to me on Monday. Good luck to the recovery driver who is driving 598 miles to ne, then presumably back again. For £413! It would cost me more to drive down with my hilux and trailer for it.

41 minutes ago, Daviemck2006 said:

Did you have a poo this morning Doc? I will probably have one before it gets here lol. I'm actually a little disappointed that I'm not doing the collecting of it my self. It would have been an epic journey, a fly drive!

Probably. I don't tend to keep score. 😂

It would have been an epic journey. The good thing is that in spite of it sitting idle for several weeks, it fired into life straight away. Felt odd to drive after the Metro though. I will miss it, and will probably have another, just not a diesel next time. 

I had a 216 back in the day, one of only 2 cars I ever bought brand new. I loved it. I know that there is a vast difference between a brand new 1.6 petrol and a now elderly n/a diesel, but still looking forward to getting it tomorrow. It will be a bit slower than the 1.6 I had, but I have also owned a 1.9 n/a berlingo and it was ok.

I'm quite impressed with it so far. Yes, the paintwork is not great having lots of fading and lacquer peel, but for a 25 year old rover it seems to be a solid rust free thing. The one I bought new in 1993 was only taxed until 2001, presumed dead at 8 years old. Yes it's got the xud rumble, would possibly wake the neighbours up on a cold start, but it's not too bad once its warmed up. I like the styling of these, always have done, it's a comfortable and nice place to sit in. It's not what you would call fast, but it's ok, it wont need flat out everywhere it goes.