Christmas Collection Caper.....................my 1st AS collection thread!

volvoman

19 hours ago, Jim Bell said:

That looks tidy as F. !

Thanks.

Ive just checked the MOT history, an i made a mistake on the mileage per years/usage??!!...its actually done less than 4000 miles, in the last 12 years!!! Probably been tucked away in that garage for most of the time, an only venturing out on occassion. She did say she hardly used it, because it was their 2nd car.

Which might account for its condition/appearance

3 minutes ago, bezzabsa said:

what are these like to drive??? and at 6 foot and deffo not anorexic - will i fit???

They drive very nicely. Very willing and with the tiny engine they scream. Quite a lot of fun I think. Driving impressions may be different with how tall you are but the steering column does move up and down if you buy a nice specced car.

1 hour ago, bezzabsa said:

what are these like to drive??? and at 6 foot and deffo not anorexic - will i fit???

I've driven a couple of these , I'm 6'1" and also not anorexic and fit quite comfortably in them. Wouldn't be my vehicle of choice for cross country runs but that's more down to engine size and gearing than interior space. I'd prefer the 1.3 just for extra powah but the 1.0 will get you about nicely.

Nice Starlets btw. About 7 or 8 years ago I bought my ex MiL a 1996 1.3 Starlet auto, 40k miles and a years mot for £400 iirc and I loved hooning around town in that. An auto one would certainly be my daily if I lived in a city, it bloody flew from a standing start up to about 40 and you could sling it round corners for fun. 

On 12/16/2020 at 5:14 PM, Jim Bell said:

Bloody hell! It's barely seen the road. Top buy indeed.  

Cheers, its starting to look like a top buy.

On 12/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, bezzabsa said:

They are great to drive(see Fumblers opinion). 

Im short in the leg, so a lot of the smaller cars out there, kinda "fit me like a glove". Just depends on your motoring needs, an what you are prepared to put up with. "Scudding about" on short journeys is a breeze, but if you were to take on a long road trip, then your comfort could be compromised.

On 12/16/2020 at 6:16 PM, Fumbler said:

They drive very nicely. Very willing and with the tiny engine they scream. Quite a lot of fun I think. Driving impressions may be different with how tall you are but the steering column does move up and down if you buy a nice specced car.

What he said above^^^^^^^...A couple of decades ago, my Granada "Scorpio shape" was rear ended whilst i was stationary!!! the result was a red K11 micra courtesy car. My brotherinlaw needed to get to Yorkshire in a hurry that weekend(im in Kent) so i drove that little Micra flatout, there an back! The Micra behaved well, but hitting freezing fog patches (doing 95mph) on the way back, was a little hairy!!.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:13 PM, barmatt said:

I've driven a couple of these , I'm 6'1" and also not anorexic and fit quite comfortably in them. Wouldn't be my vehicle of choice for cross country runs but that's more down to engine size and gearing than interior space. I'd prefer the 1.3 just for extra powah but the 1.0 will get you about nicely.

Nice Starlets btw. About 7 or 8 years ago I bought my ex MiL a 1996 1.3 Starlet auto, 40k miles and a years mot for £400 iirc and I loved hooning around town in that. An auto one would certainly be my daily if I lived in a city, it bloody flew from a standing start up to about 40 and you could sling it round corners for fun. 

Thanks about the Starlets, we love em(me an my youngest son). Ive driven our Auto "spares" GLS Starlet(but not in anger) an it seemed to go pretty quick off the lights. The guy i bought the Auto from, said the same thing, he used to beat most "normal cars" off the lights.

22 hours ago, Talbot said:

Cheeky of the previous owner to steal all the letters and numbers off the number plates.

Yeah, that sort of shit happens to me a lot!!... my last 2 cars i bought were the same too!!

19 hours ago, CaptainBoom said:

Liked for the K11 Micra and Starlet, extra like for Split Enz.

Cheers for that.

I didnt think many people would remember that Split Enz song, that stuff was pre 1980's!!

P1780179-to-800.jpg

P1390330-copy-to-800.jpg