Christmas Collection Caper.....................my 1st AS collection thread!

volvoman

So. after being a member on AS for sometime now, im ready to do my 1st collection thread.

Is it a Christmas thread?...well, yeah, its just over a week for Xmas, so this must qualify for a festive type collection thread.

The next 3 pics show, "Breakfast"..."The money shot"..."The choice of transport/collection vehicle duties" (my sons Starlet).

Poo count = Zero.................but im thinking about it, not touchin cloth, but not far off the situation!!

No clues to what im buying/collecting(if it all goes to plan) shit does happen sometimes, an it all ends in tears/failure, but im feeling good about this collection thread.

Clue to  car colour is here-    

P1390351-to-800.jpg

P1390379-to-800.jpg

P1390363-copy-to-800.jpg

33 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

That's promising!

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, the judge said:

Excellent beginnings. Chopspeed

Cheers.

25 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Good luck...

Thanks for that, i will always take a bit of good luck.

22 minutes ago, Andy F said:

Excellent, a collection thread during a quiet work day. Perfect. 

Good luck! 

Cheers, ive took the day off work for this, so i hope it all pans out well.

No guesses for what the car is yet!!...1st clue...it aint no Volvo(wish it was though).

"The Eagle has landed"...poo count is now a healthy 1 (thanks to that high fibre breccy).

An we are off collecting.

2 hours ago, beko1987 said:

Oooh chod speed collection newbie! 

Don't forget it's extra points for breakdowns, poos and petrol station shots

See my 2nd post(poo counts) "The eagle had landed"(poo count number 1) before I left. We did take some petrol we us, but no need, the fuel tank was over halve full, so no need for petrol station shot. Local collection point, so no breakdowns...but if it were a longer journey, then we could of had a breakdown situation, because by the time i got home, the temp gauge went into the red!!!...Im thinking a stuck/closed thermostate could be the culprit??

2 hours ago, eddyramrod said:

But not poo shots!  Points will be deducted wholesale for those!

It was never gonna happen...i might be of slight statue/frame/height...but im a world class/big shitter!

2 hours ago, Andy F said:

Saab 9-5? Like a Volvo but more GMy.

Audi A6 Allroad that's broken? or soon to be broken?

Not Saab or Audi.

2 hours ago, juular said:

No Ovlov.. ahm oot!

Just kidding. Chod speed and good luck! Keep us apprised of fuel input and bowel output.

47439673-15044761596224358_origin.png.6c4fa195072460554e8e1bd237b5ff47.png

Cheers.

Id love to buy another pre 2000 Volvo, but prices are on the up, an i cant find a "sensibly pitched" one for sale anywhere?!

10 minutes ago, The Moog said:

Ohhh interesting breakfast choice there ... a pint of milkshake, some pills and toast ... all the major food groups covered. 

And why buy anything else when you have access to a starlet! 

Cheers, its my breakfast of choice (7 days a week) down to 3 slices of toast nowadays, but when i were a "Nipper", it would have been 6 slices of toast!.......Its a pint of iced Coffee(no sugar) just a bigass spoonful of coffee into cold milk. A small spoonful of honey, wholemeal/brown thick sliced bread, Cod liver oil, Vit C. This breccy will keep your daily poo count in check!

Thats my sons Starlet, but yes i agree with you, i do have another Starlet for my daily, an we have a complete running Starlet (Auto) for spares.

22 minutes ago, wesacosa said:

I would love a V70 phase 1 but they seem to be silly money for a nice one

Ive had a few Pre 2000 P1 V70's, great cars, but like any other early Volvos, getting thin on the ground now, an most of the good ones are going for strong money.

So, we made it safe an sound.....................but the temp gauge went into the red, just as i was nearing home...The cars been left in a snug dry garage( attached to their house front) for a fair few months, so its the 1st time its ventured out for a run. Im thinking stuck/closed thermostate...the electric fan came on(but stayed on for awhile). Top/Bottom rad hoses were hot to touch, but overflow reservoir/Coolant tank was cool.

I'll sort out some pics of the event soon, just finishing a late lunch!

4 minutes ago, MJK 24 said:

Micra + £25 petrol?!

Yes sir, you are correct, a K11 Micra...an yeah, i guess there was about £25 squids worth of juice in the tank.

1 minute ago, Bitzer said:

You beat me to it.

Once i posted up those 2 pics, its was easy peasy.

The rest of the Micra pics then.

1st pic, Lurking in the garage...2nd Pic, After firing it up, an sitting on driveway idling away(interior shot)...3rd pic, Out on the road, in front of sons Starlet...4th pic, Getting ready for the off...5th pic, At home, having a faceoff(comparing redness) with my Starlet.

P1390380-copy-to-800.jpg

P1390387-to-800.jpg

P1390396-to-800.jpg

P1390398-to-800.jpg

P1390403-copy-to-800.jpg

18 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Wish my interior was as "inspiringly" orange and purple as yours. No tacho so 1.0 engine? Gr9 buyage BTW, mind the branflake composition crossmember on these things.

Cheers, im not that keen on this bright/dazzley interior, but its not that bad, after you adjust your eyes to it. Yes, just the 1.0 engine in this one. The notorious crossmember was welded for the MOT back in 2019, an last MOT had no advisories, so i guess its all good. Same elderly owners for the last 12 years, less than 5000 miles in the last 5 years.

I didnt plan on buying this, only got tipped off yesterday, it was offered to a friend of mine, but he didnt want it, he knows i like Micras, so he set it up for me. its not quite as good as my Micra Dot, but it aint far off it.

Heres a similar face off, from awhile back, but with my Micra Dot 93 Red devil.

P1770714-to-600.jpg

1 minute ago, volvoman said:

Cheers, im not that keen on this bright/dazzley interior, but its not that bad, after you adjust your eyes to it. Yes, just the 1.0 engine in this one. The notorious crossmember was welded for the MOT back in 2019, an last MOT had no advisories, so i guess its all good. Same elderly owners for the last 12 years, less than 500 miles in the last 5 years.

I didnt plan on buying this, only got tipped off yesterday, it was offered to a friend of mine, but he didnt want it, he knows i like Micras, so he set it up for me. its not quite as good as my Micra Dot, but it aint far off it.

Heres a similar face off, from awhile back, but with my Micra Dot 93 Red devil.

P1770714-to-600.jpg

Ah yes your Dot is where its at. Do you still have it or is this its replacement?

13 minutes ago, Andy F said:

That's definitely not an audi, well bought! 

Cheers for that...Its been a loooooooooonnnnnng time since i owned an Audi.

Just now, Fumbler said:

Ah yes your Dot is where its at. Do you still have it or is this its replacement?

I still have the Dot, but i think i will be selling it in the new year...I put a fresh MOT on the Dot last year, but have done less than 50 miles in it since!!!

No, this is not a replacement for the Dot...I kinder bought this for a family member/relative(1st car for her)...but knowing them/her, it will not be good/new enough for their needs!!!

2 minutes ago, volvoman said:

I still have the Dot, but i think i will be selling it in the new year...I put a fresh MOT on the Dot last year, but have done less than 50 miles in it since!!!

Ah I see. I seem to remember that you're quite close to where I am. Shame it's 3 doors though, could do with a 5 door myself.

9 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Ah I see. I seem to remember that you're quite close to where I am. Shame it's 3 doors though, could do with a 5 door myself.

Ah yes, i remember now, you bought that lovely low mileage silver Micra from a dealer in T/Wells. Whats your mileage now? im sure when you got it, it only had 16 000 miles on it?

My Dot has 26 000 miles on it now, i bought it with just 21 000 miles. But for the last year, Ive been using the Starlet, so the Dot has seen no action! Its been Sorned for over a year. The plan will be, fresh MOT, then sell it..................maybe?!

Yes, i live in Kent too. years ago, i worked in T/Wells. The young generally dont want 5 doors, they like the 3 door versions.

2 minutes ago, volvoman said:

Ah yes, i remember now, you bought that lovely low mileage silver Micra from a dealer in T/Wells. Whats your mileage now? im sure when you got it, it only had 16 000 miles on it?

My Dot has 26 000 miles on it now, i bought it with just 21 000 miles. But for the last year, Ive been using the Starlet, so the Dot has seen no action! Its been Sorned for over a year. The plan will be, fresh MOT, then sell it..................maybe?!

Yes, i live in Kent too. years ago, i worked in T/Wells

Step this way:

Currently on ~19200 miles. Some welding and touching-up to do before the New Year. Still going strong as ever!

2 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Step this way:

Currently on ~19200 miles. Some welding and touching-up to do before the New Year. Still going strong as ever!

Excellent, i will have to check out your Micra threads once more. I havent really been on AS for awhile(apart from this last month) I tend to do other stuff in life throughout Spring/Summer/Autumn, then catch up on Car related stuff in the Winter...Im just a part timer.

Good to see you putting some mileage down, these Micras love it.

2 hours ago, volvoman said:

The rest of the Micra pics then.

1st pic, Lurking in the garage...2nd Pic, After firing it up, an sitting on driveway idling away(interior shot)...3rd pic, Out on the road, in front of sons Starlet...4th pic, Getting ready for the off...5th pic, At home, having a faceoff(comparing redness) with my Starlet.

P1390380-copy-to-800.jpg

P1390387-to-800.jpg

P1390396-to-800.jpg

P1390398-to-800.jpg

P1390403-copy-to-800.jpg

That deserves a ‘like’ just for the orange upholstery. No worries if you spill a takeaway curry in there!