Mystery car......any clues?

taranaki

From the silhouette I would guess at a modified Stingray body possibly - not an actual car but made up from a mould of a real car modified?  I'd say either a custom car or film or advert prop? Possibly Gerry Anderson? Nicely made.

Fascinating thing - amazing to get it running if indeed it has running gear. 

20201214_110307.jpg

21 hours ago, bunglebus said:

99% sure it's a film prop. Can't see any doors, windows look opaque. Tried searching unknown on IMCDB but there are 1632 pages of them

I reckon it would be a full time job/fun pastime trying to ID them all

unknown5432.jpg

I don't know why this one isn't all over the internet, given the interest these unknown cars seem to generate. I have had those photos saved on my computer for years but have never seen a reference to it outside IMDB. Given the obsessive nature of people in the American historic custom car world it's strange it hasn't been ID'd already

It looks like a home-built homage to something out of Speed Racer, like 'Shooting Star' crossed with the GRX. It has the nose of the former and the body style of the latter...

It would help to know the source of the photo and location (as best known) of the subject material.

• 1 month later...

That's the Frazer Daimler-Jaguar Special. Built on the Shetland Isles circa 1969 by a Mr Frazer, it's a DB18 chassis with a Jaguar 3.8 engine. Doors and rear windows are VW fastback ans rear lights are Austin Maxi. Bodywork in GRP - it survives awaiting restoration

edit to add: mic drop

4 hours ago, anonymous user said:

And a new possibly not so mystery. I think I know what it is, but does anyone else? Just found the photo going through an old album

20210201_172037.jpg

Looks very Saab-ish