The Castle Gresley Rover 820

Motown

^ Didn't @Sam Glover save the Skoda?

Great little video and excellent news about the screen. As for those rust blebs and holes, a slitting disc and welder would be the only way of fixing them long-term. Depends if you plan on keeping the car and long-term plans for it I suppose. 

Ace work anyway. 

3 hours ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Yes I believe he did. I’m sure it was in Craptical Plastics many moons ago.

I did actually try and save the beige Astra that was in the compound but the guy was asking way too much money for it. My mate talked me out of it as well but that seemed to have gone then vanished into thin air. The Metro was for sale on eBay not long after being liberated. 

6 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Just looking through those pictures, only the Skoda has a glimmer of hope, being SORN and MoT expired in 2019.

There are pics of the Metro having been released from its prison, where did that one go?

Quite surprised the Beetle doesn't seem to have survived going by what they sell for

My thoughts exactly I can’t find any trace of the other cars 

1 hour ago, greengartside said:

Yes I believe he did. I’m sure it was in Craptical Plastics many moons ago.

I did actually try and save the beige Astra that was in the compound but the guy was asking way too much money for it. My mate talked me out of it as well but that seemed to have gone then vanished into thin air. The Metro was for sale on eBay not long after being liberated. 

Am trying to get the Maestro but negotiations broke down when the guy said he wanted £700 for it 🤪

On 12/22/2020 at 11:27 AM, Dick Longbridge said:

Fucking well done for liberating the Rover. More power to your elbow.

Yes: the battleship grey Favorit is in my permanent collection. My friend Paul Johns disentombed it from the Garage That Time Forgot. We gave it an autistic mechanical going-over and used it for the Autumn Sun Run in France in 2018.

I’m pondering a good-quality respray and general tidying-up. It’s not my usual style, but I feel it deserves it – and it’d look fabulous in shiny battleship grey.

Favorit1.jpg

Favorit2.jpg

Favorit3.jpg

Favorit4.jpg

Favorit5.jpg

Favorit6.jpg

Favorit7.jpg

@Sam Glover - legendary status to you, sir!

However, I just feel so sorry for the little Maestro and the FUKD Cavalier, they both need to be liberated before they are further vandalised and go on to achieve similar folklore/immortality statuses in their own right. They are part of the tapestry of Autoshite and they stand for everything that this forum is about. Love for the Unloved.

It would be nice if they were all reunited at FOTU or the like. I think that’s what the world needs right now.

If I had the money etc, etc.

3 hours ago, Sam Glover said:

Fucking well done for liberating the Rover. More power to your elbow.

Yes: the battleship grey Favorit is in my permanent collection. My friend Paul Johns disentombed it from the Garage That Time Forgot. We gave it an autistic mechanical going-over and used it for the Autumn Sun Run in France in 2018.

I’m pondering a good-quality respray and general tidying-up. It’s not my usual style, but I feel it deserves it – and it’d look fabulous in shiny battleship grey.

Favorit1.jpg

Favorit2.jpg

Favorit3.jpg

Favorit4.jpg

Favorit5.jpg

Favorit6.jpg

Favorit7.jpg

Sam thank you! As I said earlier in my post this isn’t my first rodeo but this one has certainly tested me. How did yours fair?

It’s good to know that another car survived. We will definitely have to get the Favorit and Rover together again one day. Iam trying to save the Maestro but the owner simply wants to much for it :( 

2 hours ago, greengartside said:

@Sam Glover - legendary status to you, sir!

However, I just feel so sorry for the little Maestro and the FUKD Cavalier, they both need to be liberated before they are further vandalised and go on to achieve similar folklore/immortality statuses in their own right. They are part of the tapestry of Autoshite and they stand for everything that this forum is about. Love for the Unloved.

It would be nice if they were all reunited at FOTU or the like. I think that’s what the world needs right now.

If I had the money etc, etc.

Am still trying to save the Maestro but the owner simply wants to much for it. Negotiations are ongoing so fingers crossed! 

Another slight bump in the road to restoration. 

If anyone knows were I can obtain two of these please let me know. They connect to the metal sliders on the heater at one end and the buttons used to operate at the other. I believe they are called blend lever extensions 

909980A2-33A5-45B3-BBA6-81B8D686C496.thumb.jpeg.87a3ceec88c3ff1af47f53ad6e99c7b8.jpeg

2C5052F4-2DB4-4ECE-AE8D-C47708415452.thumb.jpeg.61538a90a7602f6a577d01d0e87ed1f5.jpeg

Cheers 😁👍

Progress with addressing the corrosion around the windscreen aperture has been slow due to wet weather and the fact it’s Christmas. However here’s part 2 of the restoration footage.

If anyone can help with the blend levers I’d be grateful. More to come soon all the best 👍

Excellent work, chaps!

Is it me or does it sound like it’s running on three cylinders? Definitely a victory either way! It was taxed up until the end of November 2003 so I assume that was when it was entombed in the garage.

From the small research I did years ago, it was registered as being on disabled tax as there was no charge coming up for the 6 Month category - this was when the checks system was in its infancy so you could work out things like this.

19 hours ago, greengartside said:

Excellent work, chaps!

Is it me or does it sound like it’s running on three cylinders? Definitely a victory either way! It was taxed up until the end of November 2003 so I assume that was when it was entombed in the garage.

From the small research I did years ago, it was registered as being on disabled tax as there was no charge coming up for the 6 Month category - this was when the checks system was in its infancy so you could work out things like this.

It’s firing on all cylinders just had abit of piston slap or dry tappets going on at that stage the engine is a lot quieter an smoother now and fires on the key. 

In all honesty it won’t be the engine that condemns the car it will be the windscreen aperture/seating the windscreen is due to be fitted on the 4th January. Iam currently doing all I can to get the area clean with a smooth surface free from corrosion so there’s less chance of the fitter turning around and saying it’s to far gone to fit the new windscreen 😬

It’s proving very difficult as we’ve rarely had a dry day since it arrived but am not giving up yet 👍