YOU WERE ONLY MEANT TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF - Discovery 3 blah

Fraz

It’s not unheard of for glass to randomly break. My parents had a conservatory roof panel shatter in the middle of the night with no explanation. And Mrs suttys aunt and uncle had a phone call from the neighbours afters hearing an explosion from their house....to return to the shower glass panel all over the floor. Went with a right bang apparently.

Our one was the (thankfully!) middle shelf of the TV cabinet.  Just exploded one afternoon with zero warning.  We were all sitting around the dining table when there was a bang like a bloody gunshot from the lounge followed by what sounded like someone dropping a couple of tonnes of Smarties down a flight of stairs.

This was a few years ago now and we still occasionally find bits of glass from it.  We saw bits skitter into view from the table so the blast radius was a good 25' we reckon.  Made a godawful mess that took us hours to clear up.

If it had been the next shelf up it would have cost us a 50" TV as well! 

Suffice to say the cabinet which replaced it doesn't feature any glass.

22 hours ago, Fraz said:

Really! Whereabouts is that. 

didn’t think they were desirable enough to steal tbh

West Midlands area (dudley & wolvo) .. yh its a window through..mess about in centre console area - and away yea go...less than 30 seconds, captured on CCTV..they took 5 from wolvo in 1 night along with a fair few Prius cat's!!!

Consensus from Plod is..and I quote.. " was carried out by a  group of people..Not a single person!!" Dixon of dock green would be spinning in his grave..

My mums old bathroom velux exploded the outer layer of glass one night. They thought it had been shot at but there was no impact mark. I had a screen crack the same day it was fitted too, fitter hadn't cleaned the contact area enough. Had a new (free) one 2 weeks later and it was fine (then scrapped the car maybe 4 months later...) 

Sucks that it happened but lob a used tailgate on and count it as one of the smaller bills it'll give you... 

The tailgate glass on my Xantia imploded randomly one day a few years ago, when it was parked in the layby over the road. No-one had gone near it. All the glass ended up inside. We replaced the whole tailgate as it was easier to do that than fit new glass.