YOU WERE ONLY MEANT TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF - Discovery 3 blah

Fraz

So, at around 7 this morning I set off on the first leg of the mission. 

To East Kilbride and beyond!

No pictures. It was dark. I headed to @Fraz towers to meet Craig, him of fettling Mr Fowler's 205 and Mr Tourings Toledo fame*

Poo count-2, possibly 3. We left before Fraz could check baby Frazs nappy.

After a pee/coffee stop at Tebay(charter, tradition etc) we arrived at the site of the object of @Frazs desires.

IMG_20201212_122725467.thumb.jpg.aa3aadac089c2d0e4fcd9ccfd3a2faff.jpg

Yes, this Discovery 3 of many shiters, most recently

@Cento16v

(Pleasure to meet you!)

Just run in at 210k miles. (The car, not @Cento16v )

A quick check over confirmed it was indeed a Land Rover and what did we care, it wasn't our money?

Via the medium of telephony we confirmed with Fraser that, yes, of course he was fucking buying it, it was a bargain and we were here already. 

Cash was transferred by magic and we headed north.

Quick fuel stop and just look at these two beauties

IMG_20201212_125001348.thumb.jpg.640e773c11c195b576dffac790dca1fe.jpg

Amazingly the Accord takes up nearly as much parking space as the Disco😯

Westbound via the A65 and then north on the M6.

I'll just leave this pic here.

2044071043_IMG_20201212_1415435643.thumb.jpg.b5329c473259ab221d4b2a9f29d5792c.jpg

I'll let Fraz and Craig(if he can find his login, it's probably in the same place as his 10mm sockets) update you further. Suffice to say from a quick spin round the block when we got back home the big disco feels very solid and is wearing it's miles very well.

Home and the results are in for the Accords performance today.

IMG_20201212_180300228.thumb.jpg.ac3ad84293797ad5788fe0f05a384452.jpgIMG_20201212_180316566.thumb.jpg.40b7666c27fa5940c25478bf53a6f1b5.jpg

Not bad, not bad at all.

What did the Disco manage @Fraz? 🙈

Here I am, found my log in, it was next to what I thought was my 10mm socket, but that turned out to be my 25/64" socket.......Balls.

Thoroughly enjoyable drive home, lovely old bus, doesn't drive anything like what I'd expect for a vehicle that's been to the moon and back twice.... It's far worse!! 

Just kidding. 

I think @dome was struggling to keep up at some points on the journey home. My mission was to get the MPG read out to indicate as bad a value as possible for arrival at @Fraz in the hope that he'd say he couldn't afford to fuel it and then sell it to me! 

11 hours ago, Mk2 Craig said:

I think @dome was struggling to keep up at some points on the journey home.

fuh king :LOL - this is the (2nd) 3rd time theres bin pics of fraz vehicles and completely lmfao that dome has failed to keep up (or cant)

fraser is the stig really :D

also massive baws cuz not running one of these on red as a farmer takes some doing - but then theres the gentle dome who turns up in a japanese estate cos wimp :P:D (joke)

7 hours ago, hairnet said:

fuh king :LOL - this is the (2nd) 3rd time theres bin pics of fraz vehicles and completely lmfao that dome has failed to keep up (or cant)

fraser is the stig really :D

also massive baws cuz not running one of these on red as a farmer takes some doing - but then theres the gentle dome who turns up in a japanese estate cos wimp :P:D (joke)

Fraz was paying for fuel but I wasn't allowed to take the XJ6😭

How did that happen I hear you ask?

no idea. 

Nothings been stolen. If it was vandalism someones walked round the full car, into my driveway and tanned it for no reason at all. 

Nothing inside of the car should have done that either. Literally no idea what’s gone on there 

be thankful it's still there.....last 3 weeks several LR3 and 4's gone walkies from this area, AFAIK 2 recovered (1 was trashed) and 2 have disappeared into the ether!!

less than 30seconds each time,,, scary!!

Thanks liam. I’d spotted that myself and shall be making a purchase today to get it mobile again.

no cctv and tbh I’m almost positive it wasn’t done deliberately. However I can’t work out what’s happened at all 

• Fraz changed the title to YOU WERE ONLY MEANT TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF - Discovery 3 blah
3 hours ago, Fraz said:

Thanks liam. I’d spotted that myself and shall be making a purchase today to get it mobile again.

no cctv and tbh I’m almost positive it wasn’t done deliberately. However I can’t work out what’s happened at all 

Was it particularly cold that night?