Macscrooge’s motoring mayhem - sulking Saab sadness

Macscrooge

Not much to report this week though I have at least taken the Saab for a little run out. It wasn’t raining much so I even had the roof down. 
The only actual work carried out was the replacement of the O/S door mirror. Hardly a huge achievement but it’s a lot better than the one it came with!

50C29E7E-95EF-4E79-A619-6D9660CE666B.jpeg

928C1A01-ED3B-49ED-A407-48EE34D085DC.jpeg

• Macscrooge changed the title to Macscrooge’s motoring mayhem - the mirror crack’d from side to side
  • Macscrooge changed the title to Macscrooge’s motoring mayhem - Christmas present update!
  • 2 weeks later...

Not much to report of late - it's been rather icy here so working cars with AWD seemed to make more sense than an elderly convertible.  That said, I used the Saab on Wednesday - I even had the roof down - but on the way back the scary 'engine is fucked mate' warning light came on.  Its still drives and runs OK so from previous experience with my 9-5 I wonder if its the ignition cartridge thingy which slots in atop the engine?  Stop me if I'm blinding you with science.  I'll fire it up again at the weekend and see how it feels.

• Macscrooge changed the title to Macscrooge’s motoring mayhem - sulking Saab sadness
4 hours ago, Macscrooge said:

ignition cartridge thingy

The infamous DIC!

Some will show signs of cracking underneath when they are on the way out..... some don't.

Although Saab's need a Tech2 computermethingamybob for access to all the complicated functions a basic OBD2 reader will give an indication of what the issue may be.