Ultra large land yacht delivery thread.

sutty2006

So I’ve sold the Mercury to a fellow shitter. And offered to deliver it down to Bristol for fuel dollar. Brother following in his German long roof. Mercury running a dream, cruising down the motorway with ease. So comfy. Poo count 1. 

Stopped at frankley choke and puke for a 10-100.

8C11991F-4DDE-437D-864B-3BB8F3467C16.jpeg

Congratulations to Steve79 of this parish. He loves it. I had a good woft down the motorway and I could have happily kept going it’s that comfortable. I will genuinely miss this car and I hope Steve has lots of enjoyment out of it. 

79F75A12-D6EC-42CF-A01A-128F8D9CC3DB.jpeg

6 hours ago, Steve79 said:

Just for reference, the mercury is both wider and longer than my 2020 Transit Custom LWB

And yet these were downsized for 79, the earlier full size fords were even bigger!

Lovely car with proper comfort from the velour seats, none of this cold leather nonsense.

42 minutes ago, cort1977 said:

And yet these were downsized for 79, the earlier full size fords were even bigger!

Lovely car with proper comfort from the velour seats, none of this cold leather nonsense.

They did spec these with leather. Probably an expensive option in the late 80s, but who wants cold ass leather when you can have warm plush velour, besides, if you cornered too hard with leather seats you’d slide right out of the belt and end up in the passenger seat. 😂

10 hours ago, Steve79 said:

The irony is that people complained this generation of s-class was way too big and yet the mercury is still 20cm longer and 10cm wider than the 500sel in the pic!!!

Same with my Mark VIII. It's just a two door coupe, yet the same size as a lwb W140. In the end it's really just the length that makes a tiny difference to all the SUVs (and vans) people drive nowadays anyway.