Kiwi Kar Konundrums - Parky2 adventures so far

Parky

9 hours ago, hairnet said:

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/mitsubishi/legnum/listing/3751225986

wouldnt be too hard to sort?

the two bronze tings are ace if they werent rusty

bluebird want right now (like a fat primera) reckon hed take 1700?

Might take 1700.  Not serious are you?  I don’t think I will be able to fit it in a crate!

"Coxon?"

"SAH!"

"Steer course Austins up to 100k"

TM15.webp

"Hello, french polishers?  Its just possible you could save my life"

TM7.jpg

"Looks at the stars, see how they shine fo-rr youuuuu"  I believe this was the local Halfords attempt at British Racing Green

TM8.jpg

"Mariiiiiina, Aqua Mariiiiiina (ute)"  Would.  Repeatedly.  And I would feel no shame

TM9.jpg

Wood, leather, Fins, its basically a Cadillac

TM10.jpg

Now tell me this doesnt just look....right.  This one was Halfords attempt at Reynard Metallic

TM11.jpg

"Gold Member! (ba baaa baaaa) He's the man, the main with gears in his suuuuuummmmmp, exhaust in his truuuunk"

TM12.jpg

"Yeah these had Rolls Royce engines these did.  No serious, Rolls had a load of Merlins left after WW2 and BMC were desperate so..."

TM13.jpg

Got to go, need to clean myself up after this one

TM14.jpg

"You know number one...when all this is all over....do you think we'll ever have a Mini as nice as that red one?"

"I might sir.  Thirty years from now I'll be in Never the Twain with Windsor Davies and should pick up a packet from ITV"

"Good for you Donald Sinden.  Good for you"

TM20.jpg

Right.  Very bored this evening so I have decided on a challenge.  Pick a car for this lot

TM30.jpg

Louis, Harry, The Major, Professor Marcus, Mrs Wilberforce, and One Round. 

Harry would roll this.  Flash for not much cash and true to his East End roots.  

Harry.jpg

Louis.  Evil.  Foreign.  Sophisticated but will stab you in the back.  Xantia

Louis.jpg

Professor Marcus.  Understated.  Definitely a mid range Mercedes

Marcus.jpg

The Major.  Utter Cad.  Has to be....

The Major.jpg

Ahhhh, Mrs Wilberforce.....

Wilberforce.jpg

One Round.  Means well, but stupid.  Needs room for Cello. Alfa 33

One Round.jpg

"Hullo Air New Zealand, how cen I hilp?"

"yes yes thank you i need a flight to Tauranga RIGHT NOW"

"Ok sir, I can hilp you with thet.  Do you have baggage and how hivvy?"

"On the way back I will.  About a Ton,  May need 12 seats or so as I want it in the cabin with me"

r12.jpg

r12a.jpg

r12b.jpg

"OK sir, thets all booked for you although Air New Zealand will riquire trevellers to diclare any foodstuffs on the flught such as fruits or small pine trees"

"What?  Ahh fuck it"

4 hours ago, Parky said:

"Coxon?"

"SAH!"

*down 20 degrees - about to put rod stewart away cos of that song of which the transport i just happen to be standing on (noone else will get that joke)

TM15.webp

:D youre def older than you look :D

TM7.jpg

"Looks at the stars, see how they shine fo-rr youuuuu"  

please - just FRO *bangs head on table - *goes back to hospital to put scary mask on to get away from above sentence..............

TM8.jpg

"Mariiiiiina, Aqua Mariiiiiina (ute)"  Would.  Repeatedly.  And I would feel no shame

TM9.jpg

would. because most of it is missing

TM10.jpg

i like 1100s - better than minis

"Gold Member! (ba baaa baaaa) He's the man, the main with gears in his suuuuuummmmmp, exhaust in his truuuunk"

youre fired

TM12.jpg

you provide no link - hand in badge now!!!!!!

fixt

4 hours ago, Parky said:

"Hullo Air New Zealand, how cen I hilp?"

will it be wit when i trivil up the stairs frum the plane frum the cahhh

will my tree need a seat to thimsilves?

r12.jpg

r12a.jpg

r12b.jpg

"OK sir, thets all booked for you although Air New Zealand will riquire trevellers to diclare any foodstuffs on the flught such as fruits or small pine trees"

only on dimestic flights bro

this made me lahhhf with the accints :D

bad man

roll on fibruary (mmm waitangi) - remind me to slap you round the face with a ct110 :D

On 9/7/2022 at 9:06 PM, Parky said:

"Coxon?"

"SAH!"

"Steer course Austins up to 100k"

TM15.webp

TM7.jpg

"Looks at the stars, see how they shine fo-rr youuuuu"  I believe this was the local Halfords attempt at British Racing Green

TM8.jpg

TM9.jpg

Wood, leather, Fins, its basically a Cadillac

TM10.jpg

Now tell me this doesnt just look....right.  This one was Halfords attempt at Reynard Metallic

TM11.jpg

TM12.jpg

"Yeah these had Rolls Royce engines these did.  No serious, Rolls had a load of Merlins left after WW2 and BMC were desperate so..."

TM13.jpg

Got to go, need to clean myself up after this one

TM14.jpg

"You know number one...when all this is all over....do you think we'll ever have a Mini as nice as that red one?"

"I might sir.  Thirty years from now I'll be in Never the Twain with Windsor Davies and should pick up a packet from ITV"

"Good for you Donald Sinden.  Good for you"

TM20.jpg

18 hours ago, Essex V6 said:

Pretty sure I did a quick blez round the block in this very Cooper a couple of years ago - it reminded me of a rally car to drive - was super hyper! Here it is beside my Cooper. 

60640A8B-30E5-4BE3-88FC-0F829BEF425B.jpeg

The grey is yours?  Hubba hubba, I absolutely love that.  

I might have to see if any of my Russian mates can help you fall out of a window somewhere

• 1 month later...

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/holden/commodore/listing/3816900178

woo

was looking at v8s but they all seem to need work for wof

this would do - i was looking at barinas but theyre not corsa  b c d theyre the shit far eastern type which are worse than actual corsas

and also cos you cant do 75mph down SH1 no point really

• 4 months later...

OK, following @hairnet pressure I figured I should get some images up from last weeks Canterbury Two Rivers classic car parade which I attended with m'learned colleague @STUNO and Mrs Stuno.

Been a while since a Kiwi Kar Konundrum update so more to follow:

image0 (16).jpeg

I dont like custard but I could be persuaded to reconsider.  Lovely Porker

image17 (2).jpeg

As Mafioso say to Charlie Croker - "Pretty Car"

image16 (3).jpeg

JDM YO!?!?!?!?!?!?!

image7 (3).jpeg

OOOOF!  This was particularly lovely

image6 (3).jpeg

Ha ha ha, yes you definitely fit in with the Camaros.  Learned to drive in the Renault 9 which was the same but booted.  Again WTF is this doing here!

image3 (3).jpeg

Clean

image2 (7).jpeg

Hubba Hubba, definitely bothering council estates at night with this thing

image14 (3).jpeg

Yeah yeah, Harry Potter had one, blah blah blah.  Clean tho

image11 (4).jpeg

Could barely see this.  Paint a car in khaki and park it next to a tree, surprised if the owner ever finds it again

image10 (3).jpeg

Four headlights rule and I will fight anyone who disagrees

image1 (11).jpeg

Glamcabs

image8 (3).jpeg

My perfect spec

image5 (5).jpeg

Ha, another WTF are you doing here.  Papped previously

image4 (3).jpeg

What the world needs now is things like this to be remanufactured with electric motors

MOAR

We dont have Ikea in the South Island yet, but when we do this baby is perfect for the collection run

IMG_5292.jpg

WTF is this doing here?  Havent seen one on the road since I watched Tarquini and Simoni demolish the field at Brands in 1994.  I can imagine parts being quite a challenge!

IMG_5291.jpg

Its 1974, you are Bryan Ferry and "Virginia Plain" has just gone platinum.  Where are you spending the royalties?

IMG_5232.jpg

On the other hand maybe you are Rodney Bewes and "Likely Lads" has just been signed up for another season....

IMG_5203.jpg

Otherwise...

MITSI KAPUT

All fine.  Junior passed his test in it first time and then disappeared to Auckland Uni so hasnt had a chance to practice since.  Mrs P wants shot of it which I agreed to as long as it can be replaced with something equally awful.  So I think I will keep it. Currently out of warrant as I forgot and then was busy and all that jazz, must get onto it this week

SWIFT

Nothing to report, just does what it does without any issues at all

CHEEZOID

Has been used more often and have racked up an enormous 8000km in it in a year.  First oil change today, genuine Toyota filter and Nulon 5w30.  Bit of a faff as undertray had to come off and a special cup was needed to remove the filter housing so done now.  Will need to renew most of the clips on the undertray as some ae missing and others weak.  Still heavy clutch on it so not my preferred for town wok but good fun driving to Westport last week - 4 hours of empty twisty road there and back, happy days!  Brake pedal slowly sinking at idle but rock solid with engine off so dont think its master cylinder.  Brakes all work fine so maybe just some sort of feature of the brake booster

raf vallone would keel you as preety car isnt a fiat or an aston :P (the car that went over the cliff was a lancia)

you didnt pap the lotus wtf?

nice reno 11 tho 

510 oof then you didnt look at the old toot next to ut?

hivvens to murgatroyd

what was stuno doing so fahh sith?

9 minutes ago, hairnet said:

just watching highway patrol

and he pulled someone over at night obvs to chick (yes i know its ausssie :D )

P plate on the back (not allowed at night)

but full licence holder

$119 fine for display when not required) wtf??

@MorrisItalSLX thats nuts

I know the fine for not displaying P plates when required is a whopper, but a fine for displaying when not required is taking the piss!

When I was learning to drive the instructor told me that if you pass your test in an automatic and want to learn manual then you should display L plates, despite having a licence.

20 hours ago, Jon said:

Yo @Parky, think you tagged the wrong north islander in your catch-up last week!

Yours, not@STUNO

Ah FFS how did I manage that!

Other news - Suzuki refused to start for Mrs P this morning so she had to take the PPOS (Purple Piece of Shit)

Actually liked it - "it drives nice doesnt it, nice and light and easy"  Yes Mrs P, thats why I like it for commuting.  Think it might be hanging around for a while yet.  Might even fix the dent in it!