Kiwi Kar Konundrums - Parky2 adventures so far

Parky

Auris on the back but telling folk you have an Auris R S makes it sound like you are stammering.

So it’s a Corolla to interested parties or Cheezoid to the family.

Offered Mitsi to Junior but he isn’t interested.  He doesn’t know what he wants so it stays until he decides what he is after, at which point I will flip it on and use the cash towards something else for him.

Need a trip back to the UK so I can pick up some Falken 310 Ecoruns for it and bring them back in my luggage

63BCD02F-6F98-4D8F-BC45-D2E306BA0664.jpeg

On 2/5/2022 at 5:40 AM, Parky said:

Need a trip back to the UK so I can pick up some Falken 310 Ecoruns for it and bring them back in my luggage

Good tyres are those Falkens.  I've worn out three sets of four on three different cars.  Although they were 914's or 514's (or something similar).   They did strike me to have crept up in price over the years, so our last car that wore out its Falkens got a set of Avons.  

Used those on a Leon, Fiat 500 and an R56 and they improved all three considerably so safe to say I am a Falken convert.

That might be a thread - no text or paragraphs, just favourite:

Oil

Filters

Brakes

Tyres

Be interesting to see what everyone else is buying

1 hour ago, Parky said:

Oil - Mobil Super 2000.

Filters - Hengst or Napa.

Brakes - Eicher, because they were cheap.

Tyres - Matador, also cheap.

How's that? Was going to buy Falkens (Grampa is also a convert) but couldn't get them when I was wanting them fitted.

Good choices Mr Pentium, wouldnt complain about any of those.  Mitsi likes:

OIL - Nulon 10w30 semi synthetic (on special).  Like Australian Comma

FILTERS - Sakura (good, half the price of Ryco).  Indonesian, original equipment on Isuzu

BRAKES - Trustop.  Cheap shite for cheap shite

TYRES - Falken first choice, Laufenn (budget Hankook) surprisingly good for cheapies

Decent car choices would vary a bit...............

• 2 months later...

Havent updated anything for ages.  Spent most of my time looking on in disbelief at the Politics forum.

Anyway, the fleet

MITSI KAPUT - Recently had another oil change and I got a set of brake pads as the ones that had been on there five years looked thin.  Surprisingly found the new ones were similarly thin.  Fitted, bedded in, no difference at all.  Changed the brake fluid and that made no difference at all either.  Car stops, we'll call that a win.  Still my preferred heap 'o shite daily as I can park it anywhere and not give a shit.  Liberating.  TISRAB-  Tomorrow is Saturday remove a bumper.  Getting the hammer out and seeing if I cant make some dents less bad (or more bad).  Junior has had driving lessons in a two year old Barina and says Mitsi is smoother and easier to drive. Of course it is son, I like to make sure things are properly lubricated (ladies.....)

SUZI - Recently renamed Cracker.  Continues to be wonderfully reliable.  Does the occasional annoying thing where its convinced the key isnt present and wont go.  Usually waving the key in front of the radio while shouting "it's here fucknut!" gets it going.  Recently enjoyed $38 worth of Shell Helix 5w30 pureplus hocus pocus which it seems to enjoy.  Currently in Wanaka with Mrs P who is visiting friends.  She went out last night, got shitfaced and puked in a restaurant toilet.  Thats my girl.....

CHEEZOID - Nice car Cheezoid.  I do find the clutch heavy though, might benefit from a new one.  Can be a bit tricky to do smooth pullaways so I reckon ten years of Saitama City traffic has rendered the clutch plate "knackered".  If I bite the bullet I'll get a proper Toyota one for silly money.  Might see if they can replace a bush in the gearshift to stiffen that back up.  Wouldnt mind an English stereo.  The Japanese is fascinating as every time I get in a hot sounding woman asks me if I have remembered my mobile phone and reminds me to put my belt on.  That said I have no fucking idea what any of it means.  Apart from the Kanji for "big" which increases the bass.  Also noticed the silver on the rear passenger door seems slightly off in certain lights.  Mrs P said I was imagining it but then I found some masking tape inside the doorframe.  Could be the clearcoat is more orange-peely there which can distort the colour or I can stop being such a frigging perfectionist and drive the fucker.

WORK - seems to be going well.  Have found my colleagues are great but when someone is struggling they'll sympathise but put the emphasis back on the client.  Fuck that.  Its a small city so I jump in the car and go and see them, they love me for it.   Heck of a couple of weeks but my efforts secured me $500k of new clients this week which is not bad going.  Also had my first advert in the local paper which has generated not a single enquiry.  My new client is an ex trader from London (Marty) so we enjoy a reminisce about walking around in a chalk stripe suit shouting "now you cahhhnt!" into a mobile.  Buying lots of shares in retirement homes which sums up my demographic nicely.  Might have to offer additional services to the single old ladies such as a "stockbrokergram" which is where I dance and take my clothes off while discussing the ins and outs of the recent Air New Zealand rights issue to the Wellington Philharmonics rendition of the national anthem.  Might have to wear my big pants to store all the coins and werthers originals.

TRADEME - Yup, Kiwi eBay keeps delivering the goods.  Might do an Alan Freeman style top ten of TradeMe tomorrow.  I'd do it now but need more mania to do a proper job.  The Civic below will feature

And I am seeing a client tomorrow who has a fuckton of shares in a company nobody wants to discuss how to get rid of them for him.  Its the stockbroker equivalent of a warehouse full of Daewoo Nubira wing mirrors.  Great, but how the pissing hell are we shifting this lot in one go?

sixteenhundred.jpg

re-read yesterday evenings note and must apologise for the swearing.  I love a good profanity as much as the next man but yesterdays missive was a little heavy on the street vernacular.  Apologies.  I'll make a better fucking effort in future

I actually want this.  Had one very similar when here last time in 2002.  

Aim would be to make it look like this for maximum 1987 Tokyo property boom vibes

1EEA5CB9-DEBE-49E1-9A3C-FE5FF3F0C23B.jpeg

Basically a hot three door Rover 213.  Think Hyacinth Bouquet in a miniskirt

I reckon we can do better so staying with pre 2000 I opened it up to the whole South Island and upped the ante to two large....

Of these I'd go for the Toyota Vista, the Galant, or the Carib 4wd (Corolla Estate)

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/search?bof=YN1xElRQ&year_max=2000&price_max=2000&user_region=60&page=1

001.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

020.jpg

8 hours ago, hairnet said:

Parky not a but crazy :D

Can we slag you for not wearing a vest to work 😛 ( that Aussie/Alabama/ John  McClane but hey :) )

Yeah go for it.  I spend most of my time ashamed I'm not wearing gumboots or driving a ute

Just waiting for @hairnet to wire me some wedge and two big wooden crates to fit a Carib and a Galant

Anyway lets go Radio Rental and see what else Canterbury has to offer pre 1990 with an unlimited budget.....

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/search?bof=lebGDEL3&year_max=1990&user_region=16&price_max=100000&page=1

I recommend you have some tissues handy before entering this thread.  I nearly fapped myself into a coma over the Wankel engined Mazda ute.  Bet Autodoc has all the bits for one of those....

025.jpg

026.jpg

027.jpg

028.jpg

029.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

032.jpg

033.jpg

034.jpg

035.jpg

036.jpg

• 4 months later...

I havent posted for four months so lets see what I can impress you all with.

The heap o'shite Mitsi passed its warrant today.  Once brake bulb required and thats it.  Have decided that my chances of having time, space and room for a classic cool car are limited for the moment so Mitsi is going to be tidied up and kept

Will there be a roller painting tutorial at some point?

Anyway, set co-ordinates for sub 2000 Canterbury pre 2001 Mr Sulu...

TM Bluebird.jpg

Bluebird Super Touring with additional downforce because you need that in Osaka traffic.  Interior designer only had French curves available.  Comes in impossible to name and harder to match shade of something...

TM Camira.jpg

Camira/Cavalier/Ascona.  Getting bronzed in a field.  Colour probably called somethng like "Sunburnt Pommie Bastard".  Almost deffo has a straight six 4 litre engine developing 85 horsepower, I dunno, I've done no research

TM Commodore.jpg

Oof.  This is one Commodore who's paintwork rectification will take a lot longer than an easy Sunday morning.  I would have a go though.  Anyone seen my Omo?  Likely to have owned by a serial killer, it just looks the sort

TM Glanza.jpg

Get your Hands-a around my Glanza.  Shit paintwork and several boasts of 10 psi boost on 100 Octane fuel (which you cant get here).  This thing is going to blow if it hits 3000 rpm ever again.  Still would.  I would call it Abu Hamza, the fucked up Glanza because I am strange.  Probably get a Viz strip out of that.  

TM Impreza.jpg

"Yeah hello, yellow number stickers emporium?  Yeah good thanks, have you got three fives in stock by any chance?  And some Gold aerosol paint while you're there?"

TM Lantis.jpg

If I were The Man from Atlantis I would have to drive a Lantis like I had Antsis in my Pantsis

19 minutes ago, Parky said:

TM Camira.jpg

Camira/Cavalier/Ascona.  Getting bronzed in a field.  Colour probably called somethng like "Sunburnt Pommie Bastard".  Almost deffo has a straight six 4 litre engine developing 85 horsepower, I dunno, I've done no research

*Useless info time!*

Gets even weirder. 

It's an Isuzu Aska. But badged up as a Camira. The JB Camira was THAT bad, they sold the JJ Aska/Camira in NZ instead. Standard GM family 2 lumps (like a Ascona and Cavalier). 

That Legnum looks like trouble.  Looking at the questions it seems the seller bought it recently to fix it following overheating problems.  Probably realised it is HGF rather than a stuck stat so is looking to dispose of it.  It doesn’t look like the sort of vehicle that gets an easy ride